Closed Thread
Page 79 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1229
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Did Caroline come back from the Sunshine Coast?
    (Or maybe Im confusing her with someone different - I'm sure her name was Jane, she has a daughter who will swim in the olympics)
    Caroline went overseas I think from what they were saying and that yes now she is back! Lots of the patients seem very happy that she is back.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

    Blinky76  (06-04-2016)

  3. #782
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    147
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    Thanks, I prob should have but I have an appointment with Warren On Friday so might just mention it then. Last cycle I started feldene later in the cycle so I got mixed up a bit. I'm good thanks, getting ready to fly to Brisbane. How about you?
    Hi @Maxwellsmum. I'm flying to Brisbane Friday night for a Saturday scan with Charlotte. How far along in your cycle are you? I will be on Day 15 on Saturday and hoping for a Monday pick up. Hope your well!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

    Chyna  (07-04-2016),MamaKes  (07-04-2016)

  5. #783
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,943
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MamaKes I'll jus be having intralipids at ET at the day hospital next Thursday - along with my Valium and brandy! I'm not sure how I'll go with alcohol that early in the day.

    Do you have more intralipids booked pre-transfer? Have a ET date yet?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    MamaKes  (07-04-2016)

  7. #784
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland
    Posts
    355
    Thanks
    942
    Thanked
    671
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @MamaKes I'll jus be having intralipids at ET at the day hospital next Thursday - along with my Valium and brandy! I'm not sure how I'll go with alcohol that early in the day.

    Do you have more intralipids booked pre-transfer? Have a ET date yet?
    @Gagingi wow that's exciting! So ET on the 14th? What number cycle are you on hon? I've never done an OE ivf cycle with Warren before, only 7 with previous FS so don't know what to expect...Valium and brandy? Wow! Why not?? Lol

    Yes rough ET for me is 19 April, (my 42nd birthday) as my donor (who I'm meeting for dinner tonight at 730.. V excited) has EPU on the 14th so you may well see her over at Spring Hill day hospital. Infusion next Tuesday morning, then again on ET day.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

    Blinky76  (07-04-2016),Chyna  (07-04-2016)

  9. #785
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    979
    Thanks
    1,550
    Thanked
    694
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    @Gagingi wow that's exciting! So ET on the 14th? What number cycle are you on hon? I've never done an OE ivf cycle with Warren before, only 7 with previous FS so don't know what to expect...Valium and brandy? Wow! Why not?? Lol

    Yes rough ET for me is 19 April, (my 42nd birthday) as my donor (who I'm meeting for dinner tonight at 730.. V excited) has EPU on the 14th so you may well see her over at Spring Hill day hospital. Infusion next Tuesday morning, then again on ET day.
    Good luck tonight with your donor hun xx

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

    MamaKes  (09-04-2016)

  11. #786
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,943
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    @Gagingi wow that's exciting! So ET on the 14th? What number cycle are you on hon? I've never done an OE ivf cycle with Warren before, only 7 with previous FS so don't know what to expect...Valium and brandy? Wow! Why not?? Lol

    Yes rough ET for me is 19 April, (my 42nd birthday) as my donor (who I'm meeting for dinner tonight at 730.. V excited) has EPU on the 14th so you may well see her over at Spring Hill day hospital. Infusion next Tuesday morning, then again on ET day.
    @MamaKes I hope you've had a great dinner. Your donor will probably be in recovery whilst we have our transfer, but then I'll be there for a while having intralipids. So we could well pass each other. So exciting for you! A birthday transfer has to be a great omen!

    Yep, ETs with Wazza are a surprising experience! Singing, skipping, Valium and brandy. Will your DP be with you? You'll definitely need a driver.

    I've done 7 stim cycles - four with Wazza and this is our first FET. We are transferring two PGD normals, but have done a fresh PGD normal transfer before, so know it's not a guarantee...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    MamaKes  (09-04-2016)

  13. #787
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    @Gagingi wow that's exciting! So ET on the 14th? What number cycle are you on hon? I've never done an OE ivf cycle with Warren before, only 7 with previous FS so don't know what to expect...Valium and brandy? Wow! Why not?? Lol

    Yes rough ET for me is 19 April, (my 42nd birthday) as my donor (who I'm meeting for dinner tonight at 730.. V excited) has EPU on the 14th so you may well see her over at Spring Hill day hospital. Infusion next Tuesday morning, then again on ET day.
    Good luck meeting your donor tonight!

    The Valium and brandy is to help you relax but more importantly to help you uterus relax - better for transfer and ultimately better for implantation.

  14. #788
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    397
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    336
    Reviews
    0
    Hey Ladies. I had an appointment with Warren today to make a plan for our next cycle which we will start when he gets back from hols at the end of May. It seems our unexplained infertility just keeps having new dimensions added that keep making things more complicated. So I have possible low grade endo, inconclusive results for pso, elevated ANA levels and it seems poor quality eggs. Hubby has low morphology but high quantity. However we found out today also that his FISH levels are bad. They are 17 when it should be between 2 and 9. So it seems together we are a bit of a disaster when it comes to making babies. However, by some miracle we made it happen once using ICSI with IVF doctor in Sydney where we were living at the time. I'm hoping we can make that miracle happen again. Wazza putting me on longer cycle with nazal spray, puregon and luveris. He also said that I could try taking growth hormone to help with my egg quality. Does anyone have any experience taking this? Any feedback I could get about it would be great in helping me to decide as it's $1300! By the way, another bug thumbs up to Wazza who gave me so much time of his time today. He really is so genuine, understanding and patient. I always feel better after I walk out from seeing him.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

    Chyna  (08-04-2016)

  16. #789
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,943
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Good luck meeting your donor tonight!

    The Valium and brandy is to help you relax but more importantly to help you uterus relax - better for transfer and ultimately better for implantation.
    Brandy also thins blood and as we all know Wazza is very into getting ones blood pumping ready for implantation.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    Blinky76  (09-04-2016),Keepontryin13  (08-04-2016)

  18. #790
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,943
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsparso View Post
    Hey Ladies. I had an appointment with Warren today to make a plan for our next cycle which we will start when he gets back from hols at the end of May. It seems our unexplained infertility just keeps having new dimensions added that keep making things more complicated. So I have possible low grade endo, inconclusive results for pso, elevated ANA levels and it seems poor quality eggs. Hubby has low morphology but high quantity. However we found out today also that his FISH levels are bad. They are 17 when it should be between 2 and 9. So it seems together we are a bit of a disaster when it comes to making babies. However, by some miracle we made it happen once using ICSI with IVF doctor in Sydney where we were living at the time. I'm hoping we can make that miracle happen again. Wazza putting me on longer cycle with nazal spray, puregon and luveris. He also said that I could try taking growth hormone to help with my egg quality. Does anyone have any experience taking this? Any feedback I could get about it would be great in helping me to decide as it's $1300! By the way, another bug thumbs up to Wazza who gave me so much time of his time today. He really is so genuine, understanding and patient. I always feel better after I walk out from seeing him.
    @mrsparso I could have written this... Every cycle DH or I get another diagnosis or issue, but I thank god for Wazza who identifies these issues and takes steps to treat them (AMA, endo, PCOS, Aden, plus a few other weird things for me and DH has motility and morphology issues). We now realise we had no chance with our FS#1 - who put everything down to my age. I've taken growth hormones (GH) with each cycle with Warren. We figure if it saves us a cycle then we'll be ahead $$$ and it might be the key to us having a baby. I get no side effects from GH. We haven't got UTD yet, but have had three normal PGD embies and one of our current batch is a 5BB, whereas with FS#1 we did transfers of very average 2-3 day embies and only got 1 embie per cycle max. We've been seeing Wazza since September (4 stim cycles and now a FET) and whilst we got better embies first time around with him (and higher fert rates etc), the quality seems to be improving as the accumulation of supplements etc builds in our system. Both DH and I have religiously follow Wazza's instructions. Our first cycle with him was better than with FS#1 which I attribute to Wazza's protocol (as only started supplements that cycle), but then steadily we are doing better, despite my being very close to turning 43. So I think the supplements help and possibly GH does too. I've had my best two cycles (when we got PGD normals) from the second of back-to-back cycles - these are hell on the body, but if we need more cycles I'll be doing more back-to-backs. I couldn't physically cope with 3 in a row, but 2 is manageable. I also don't handle cycles well and get very very ill with side effects, so some ladies will no doubt do much better than me. A chemist friend has said she can get SciTropin slightly cheaper for me and if we need another stim cycle then I'll ask Wazza for a script (I think $295 a vial vs $340). Also if you have private health make sure you get a seperate script or whatever your fund needs to claim for each vial, as otherwise they lump them together and you only get one script refunded. Our fund also caps how much GH you can claim for. I imagine Wazza is just passing on what he gets charged, so I imagine/hope he'll give us the scripts.

    I have a friend who did 25+ full stim cycles from age 28 into her 40s for unexplained fertility and finally got her bub with their first cycle with Wazza. He really is a miracle worker and as you said a wonderful human being.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    Chyna  (09-04-2016),Keepontryin13  (08-04-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. **spin off** Kmart appreciation thread
    By Moxy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 875
    Last Post: 21-11-2016, 21:02
  2. Replies: 976
    Last Post: 30-01-2016, 10:40
  3. partner appreciation thread
    By Luanajo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-01-2016, 09:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Innovations Sports Physiotherapy
Women’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer Post Natal Pilates Classes taken by our Physios. These classes help you rebuild strength through your Core and Pelvic Floor.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!