Hi everyone, so i had my ultrasound today to check my follicles. Didnt have anymore than my last terrible cycle, so im not hopeful and im thinking its gonna be worse than my last cycle because i had 4 follicles at 10mm and 4 at 22mm and they want me in for epu on monday. So im thinking, the little ones wont be mature by then and the big ones will be about 28mm by monday and they will be overcooked. Ive already googled everything i can find but im thinking i should have been scanned yesterday and scheduled opu for sunday??? Would just like to know what you guys think or what your specialist would think about 22mm follicles on friday when epu is on monday? They said no more fsh/gonal f today onwards. Is that 22mm too big? R they gonna be overcooked? What size does wazza like them to be at for epu? (Totally regretting not self prescribing myself a split a.m./p.m. dose of gonal-f like everyone says wazza recommends for even follicle growth)
Oh and, i am very conscious of being lucky enough to have 8 follicles and getting to epu stage. I know that many of us would be really grateful to have that. I just feel like i should have been more closely monitored. My clinic only does 1 scan before epu and no bloods at all. My lining was 10mm so maybe thats my silver lining :-)
So yeah, if you've got time, throw it at me ladies, be brutally honest. xox
Had a early scan this am, I have only two follicles. 😢 We're disappointed. Only at 12mm so going for another scan on Monday morning. Wazza suggested going to either myivf for cheap cycles in northlakes that would get the same result I'm getting here on the kitchen sink of cycles or egg donor. Omg. What a frucked up morning.
@mrsparso - I start my cycle too when Warren comes back so hopefully we can cycle together. Sorry to hear your cycle is getting complicated with new issues being identified but at least now Warren can deal with them and hopefully get a bfp for you soon. I am going to ask Warren about the GH myself as my egg quality needs any kind of improvement it can get, I have read good things about it too. Great to hear you felt good coming out of your appointment.
Gagingi - We thought about doing a cycle with Charlotte as she completed our last cycle and EPU last time. We feel at this point though that we are coming to end of this journey after 3 long years and as we waited 3 months to see him would like to say that we tried everything if things dont work out so would like Warren to do a complete cycle for us, can't believe I am writing that as have come to realise recently that we actually might finish this journey without an outcome.
AFM - Going to speak to our health cover today and see if we are covered for medication, have a feeling we aren't. Would like to add it to our cover in preparation for GH after listening to everyones advice on here but not sure if thats possible.
@gorgeousgeorge - Oh hun so sorry to hear you are dissapointed with your result at your scan. From what you have said it seems yes there is every chance the smaller ones may not be mature. I know usually that your follicles should be triggered before the stage the bigger ones are at but don't loose faith hun this can still happen, when I cycled back in 2010 for DD it was usual practice to get follicles in the early twenties and that worked for us, hope its the same for you. I think yes it sounds like some monitoring was needed but really hoping it can still work out, thinking of you hun z.
@Tinachris - Oh hun I am so dissapointed for you was hoping for great results this time, it does only take one though, hoping its in there. Hope they are developing well and you get a result. Sounds like you have a lot to think about there hun big hugs x. Is Warren suggesting the cheaper clinic as you will get the same results there at a cheaper cost as in he cant add anything extra in for better results?
@Heyside fwiw I only got $21 back on the gh, so it's not much but you can get the same back on all non pbs as well so I claimed on my trental tablets and also my melatonin. It should be more for what we pay for phi. Yeah, low cost clinic will do lower stims and I'll still probably get 2 follies, so same results for cheaper. I'm on everything possible with this cycle. There's nothing more they can offer me to change it up or increase any doses as I'm on the max. Such a frucked up morning. Wish I'd stop tearing up.
Im so sorry @Tinachris
There is no comforting words
I had a consult with the fertility centre at springwood
Which are budget and they were amamzing and willing to consult along side dr m (from.nkc thread)
I was probably happier with them than monash.
Thinking of you x
@Tinachris - Oh that's no much is it, will have to weigh it all up as I am on the trental and melatonin too. That is a lot for you to take in hun but just goes to show how good Warren is, thinking about you saving money for the same result rather than taking your money. Take time for yourself hun it must be hard to take in. I presume you still plan on going to EPU with the two though hun? They might both be very strong and get to the blast stage, I have been told my egg quality drops with the amount of eggs I produce, you cant win in this fertility game 😢.
He suggested the Springwood or northlakes budget clinics. I have NK cells so I don't know what, if anything (??)the northlakes one would do for it? No point in changing if they can't help me out with prednisone or Intralipids.
Maybe I'd still stay on Charlotte/wazza books as well?
Urgh, I've been so good the last few months with diet, no alcohol, no caffeine low sugar everything.
Now I just want to drink.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!