Closed Thread
Page 68 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I haven't been active in this thread recently but unfortunatly we will be returning to wazza for a FET after our son was stillborn earlier this year.

We've never done a FET so can anyone tell me about the process, when should we book in to see him and what's involved?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe sorry I can't help u with fet never done one but just wanted to say I'm sorry to read this about your baby 😥. The other lovely ladies will have some advice on fets I'm sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @mummymaybe, I followed your story and was so sad to read about the loss of your son.

You will find an FET much easier than a full cycle hun, the only thing I find hard is the amount of estrogen I have to take due to my thin lining. If you dont have those issues it will probably just involve estrogen tablets alongside any immune medication Warren has you on. When your lining reaches the desired thickness some form of progesterone will be added in alongside pregnyl boosters probably. After 5 days of progesterone support your transfer will happen.

I hope you get success quickly hun, you have been through enough x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    Hi girls. So called clinic today to get BT and scan forms. After a long wait and a bit of attitude from the receptionist (is it just me or does anyone else find one particular woman quite rude?) I finally got a call back from the nurse.

We changed to Charlotte as our previous FS made it difficult for us travel wise. Making last minute changes etc making it impossible to get flights etc. Charlotte agreed that she would be happy for us to scan in our local town on day 6 and 10 but she wanted to do the last scan to make the decision on EPU and see things for herself. My first question is any out of towners that cycle with Warren and Charlotte do they allow you to do day 10 scan and bloods in your area and not in Brissy? I guess we are trying to minimise travel and stress of me being away for long periods of time.

Also Charlotte mentioned she wanted to do intralapids and the nurse said that would be done on day 10. Does it have to be on a particular day in your cycle? Is it based on NK cells? I'm wondering if it's of any benefit to me as we still haven't got results of NK cells yet but if it's high I'm assuming it may be worthwhile. Also is it for recurrent implementation failure?

Sorry for for all the questions but my mind is buzzing today....trying to work out the best time to go down to Brissy, new protocols....ahhhhhhhh

Thanks for listening girls!
    Feel so much more at ease after speaking to the nurse this morning. So we can do our 10 day scan in town and they will make the decision on when they want me in Brissy after that. She also mentioned intrilipids dont need to happen on day 10 its just something they like to do and was more than happy to do it at EPU and then again possibly at ET. So scans all booked now lets get this show on the road!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (30-03-2016),Heyside  (30-03-2016),Tinachris  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Keepontryin13 I don't know about the scanning, but intralipids are not just for NK cells - I have them for endo and Adenomyosis (as they are also auto-immune related). So with a stim cycle you usually have them a week before EPU, at EPU, and at ET. I think there is some flexibility around the first intralipids as I've had cycles where I've stimmed for 8 days and others for 18. With FET you have intralipids day 5-9, then I'm guessing at ET too. They take just under 4 hours. If you got the red-eye, they could do 10-2 and they give you lunch, or go for scans and then get an 8 or 9am intralipid appointment - St A is just a short walk from Wazza/CM's office. I do find one of the girls is a bit too efficient - if you ask a question she goes to get an answer when you have only asked one of 10 questions. You might find email better? There is a nurse email address and a general? I don't envy your having to factor travel in, but Wazza and CM are worth it IMO.

PS. Have you asked CM directly about intralipids in Townsville? She/Wazza don't know somebody?
    @Gagingi. Thanks to your post this very morning I am now sitting in St Andrews day infusion clinic having intralipids treatment! Haha with about half an hour's notice!

I was sitting in Warrens office for a 6am scan and bloods on day 5 of my first ever donor cycle and I read about what you said about intralipids not just for NK cells (my NK biopsy came out fine).... However I have endo and mild adenmyoisis... So I asked Warren do I need intralipids and he said 'it can't hurt' and yes there's some
    Research about it helping implantation and as I had today off work the nurses called and they squeezed me in. Would have been nearly impossible to come back for it another day/later in week, as work is so busy and I've just had last 2 days off. Lucky huh? Thanks lovely. It just shows how sharing this info helps others reading it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (30-03-2016),Gagingi  (30-03-2016),Tinachris  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let us know how the Intralipids go 😊

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (30-03-2016),MamaKes  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Let us know how the Intralipids go 😊
    @Tinachris so far so good. Not much to report. Looks like white paint going into my veins. So far have Had a small nap, ate the world's dryest sandwich, read every post on BubHub. Not a great lot to do in here.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (30-03-2016),softshellcrab  (30-03-2016),Tinachris  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MamaKes lol sounds like it's as fun as paint drying 😜 I'm so disappointed in that sandwich, that would've been something to look forward too😛 is it busy?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Keepontryin13 - Great hun that you have it all planned andbits workable.
    @MamaKes - Sounds like it was good that you read that post and asked Warren hun, its great to share and read info like that. Hope the rest of the time goes quickly for you x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Keepontryin13  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Chyna Any follow up BT updates Luv???

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (30-03-2016)