Closed Thread
Page 58 of 125 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Remarkably it was DH's. 😁
    We put it down to the fact that DH must obviously be severely affected by stress as he also didn't follow his supplements like he was supposed to... (He only admitted this after the fact)

The donor sperm had a great strike rate too: 10 x 5d blasts.

On the day of Tx, We went into our appointment with our dr expecting him to recommend Tx'ing the double donor based on quality/development (they used an embryo scope on ours so could tell which were the best ones). When he suggested 2 embryos from DH's batch we were nervous knowing that any previous Tx's had always resulted in a BFN.
    This was heightened when the remaining 5 embryos from DH's batch didn't make it to freeze.

We now have 5 x double donor embryos on ice (technically 'half' siblings of our twins)
    @blinky that is brilliant to hear. My DH struggles with being consistent with the supplements too. He is majorly stressed right now by studying for his MBA plus working a full on stressful job and all this donor cycle stuff that I really worry about his sperm levels doing the job. I've enquired today with QFG about donor sperm and there's only one donor of African American heritage they can access quickly enough for our cycle (maybe use 1/4 or 50/50)...and he's mixed race (Irish/African American) so the same complexion as our sons. Any Bub we had using our egg donor and this sperm donor's wouldn't look like full mixed race child though - more like the kind of complexion our future grandchildren would be...

Anyway, So glad for you that Both your DH and your donor did so well! Wow I'm quietly hoping we can follow suit with results like those and that my egg donor's 21 year old eggies can do the trick with DH's swimmers.

Just out of interest did you transfer one or two with your twins? Are you here in Brisbane? Warren's told us only single transfers for us ladies doing the Known Egg Donor program....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    OMG OMG... just got my call from Kendall and It's a big fat Positive!!! I just burst into tears.
    Chyna my so so so happy to hear your news hon! Here's to a happy and healthy 8 more months and safe delivery in November!!! Xox

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    @blinky that is brilliant to hear. My DH struggles with being consistent with the supplements too. He is majorly stressed right now by studying for his MBA plus working a full on stressful job and all this donor cycle stuff that I really worry about his sperm levels doing the job.

Warren's told us only single transfers for us ladies doing the Known Egg Donor program....
    @MamaKes my DH is doing a masters too, is sole care for critically ill parents, has a very stressful job, and travels a lot, but with Wazza's supplements we are getting better sperm - as measured by increased fert rate, more day 5s, and some normal PGDs (good for our age). Wazza said stress-theory was rubbish. I'd really encourage him to follow Wazza's regime. May I ask why does he struggles with being consistent with the supplements?

I thought with DE you could only have SET due to donor age? You'd only be allowed more if you have multiple failures? I thought it was QFG rule in line with best practice recommendations?

When is your DE pick-up?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've had done good news too! One of our two PGDs are normal, so we now have two in the freezer for the FET we're starting. Not sure what grade the normal is, but crossed.

(PS @Heyside that was 8-day turnaround since biopsy, so hopefully you'll get yours quicker than 3 weeks too).

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (24-03-2016),MamaKes  (24-03-2016),Tinachris  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    I'm thrilled to have a few extra days off the meds. I have to start Clexane 60 on day 4 which would have been Thursday and I bruise like crazy plus I also need to start new meds day 2 which would have been today and usually I get migraines from hormone medications when I first start using them, so I might get a bit of an Easter break after all.

The lining is actually too thick. Wazza likes it gone, to then rebuild for the new cycle. He doesn't like "new grass on old grass".

(@Chyna we'll be driving and aren't expecting too much traffic, plus a few days early for Easter Bunny).
    Gaginji just curious about Warren saying your lining was too thick too. He made the same comment about mine this week "new grass on old grass" and said that it was 5.5 and he wanted me to have lost more lining and it be around 5. Nothing I can do to try and bleed more lol. He did admit to being 'fussy' and now wondering what can be done? Would he delay your cycle slightly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gaginji just curious about Warren saying your lining was too thick too. He made the same comment about mine this week "new grass on old grass" and said that it was 5.5 and he wanted me to have lost more lining and it be around 5. Nothing I can do to try and bleed more lol. He did admit to being 'fussy' and now wondering what can be done? Would he delay your cycle slightly?
    I always have that issue for FET cycles! (Sometimes I have gone in day 2 and it's still at a 9!!) They usually just change my "day two" to be a few days later in the cycle. Haha nothing you can do- but I always use a heat pad and go for a couple of walks to "get things moving" haha... Probably in my head but it usually ends up fine and Wazza never is worried about pushing back my FET cycle so that the lining is thinner.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MamaKes they just move your day 2, so in my case don't start Ethinyl Estradiol or Sandrena Gel until I get go ahead at second scan. I still started pred and feldene. My AF was weird this month - I seemed to have a false start on Sunday night making Tuesday day 2, but lining too thick, so rebooked for another scan Friday. I had flooding yesterday, so hopefully by tomorrow's scan we'll be good to go.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-03-2016),wishing25  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gagangi great news! @Turtle02 yes low amh club too xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @MamaKes my DH is doing a masters too, is sole care for critically ill parents, has a very stressful job, and travels a lot, but with Wazza's supplements we are getting better sperm - as measured by increased fert rate, more day 5s, and some normal PGDs (good for our age). Wazza said stress-theory was rubbish. I'd really encourage him to follow Wazza's regime. May I ask why does he struggles with being consistent with the supplements?

I thought with DE you could only have SET due to donor age? You'd only be allowed more if you have multiple failures? I thought it was QFG rule in line with best practice recommendations?

When is your DE pick-up?
    Congrats on your PGD normals @Gagingi - that's fantastic news! A sweet relief. Ok so if your DH is doing a masters too you know the pain I'm going through! Sorry to hear about his ill parents. My DH's dad lives with us in an apartment/granny flat which is connected to our house and there's a lot that needs to be done for his ill health too.
    He struggles because he 'forgets' to take them, hates the pumpkin seeds and refused to drink the aloe juice. I'm going to start hiding in drinks I think. He's good with wearing boxers now and ' icing' night but the rest, slack. I asked him once would he rather a needle in the testicle or swallow some tablets, after all we have all had those needles in the 'vag' each egg collection so how is swallowing tablets hard??
    EPU for our donor is 14 April! Not long to go!
    Yeah SET is best practice, just wondering..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis - Wazza appreciation thread #2

Accidentally double posted, so deleted
    Last edited by MamaKes; 24-03-2016 at 18:39.