Closed Thread
Page 54 of 123 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One more sleep... not sure weather to poas in the morning to ease my excitement or wait till have blood test tomorrow to see if all has worked. Doing my head in today.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

wishing25  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You have to do what you feel comfortable with @Chyna, I always poas the day before bt but thats me just to prepare myself of what is to come. Good luck hun x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Hey @Keepontryin my DH's FISH just came up at 12 so also over range. Warren has got us doing ICSI for our April donor cycle (and have also done so with all previous 7 OE cycles) and I've asked to do PICSI too. Warren says PICSI doesn't help FISH issues however it helps the scientists choose a mature sperm so that's a bonus. Other than that, we are trying to keep to his program of icing DH's balls every night, lots of 'rooties' as Warren says, for the next 3 weeks before fertilisation, plus doing all supplements he recommends too (except aloe juice,
    My DH refuses to drink it)
    Plus my acupuncturist has him on L-Arginine an amino acid that helps sperm production. I'm afraid I've come across nothing that points to any way of overcoming a high FISH but if you hear of something please let me know! By the way, warren mentioned using donor sperm for a small portion of any eggs we get from our donor but we just can't get our heads around it at this stage and so are crossing fingers DH's sperm can do the job
    Thanks @MamaKes. I talked to one of the nurses just to get my head around it until Charlotte can call. She said she may suggest PICSI or even PGD testing but we have trouble getting embies to day 5. She mentioned they could even test on day 3. I'm not sure if its worth the extra $$ and stress with the testing to be honest. Charlotte did mentioned donor sperm to us as well and using a little bit with our cycle. We have only touched on this briefly but may be an option but like you I'm not totally sold on it yet and hoping we can make it work ourselves! I have DH on supplements but have to constantly remind him..... men!!! So until I hear from Charlotte with next steps we will just hang around and wait for little old AF to arrive!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepontryin13 View Post
    I have DH on supplements but have to constantly remind him..... men!!!
    I got DH a tablet organiser - AM/PM as he needs to take some things morning and night, but they might be prescription, not standard supplements... You might only need once a day. iPhone alarms are good too. I figure once we succeed we won't have time to be mothering our DHs and our babies and we should train our DHs now! Plus it's worked - he organises it all himself and even notices when we are running low on vitamins or he needs a new script.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Keepontryin13  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya, you can get the supplements compounded ( except for the Goji berries and pumpkin seeds) so much easier for my hubby!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (23-03-2016),Keepontryin13  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Hey @Keepontryin my DH's FISH just came up at 12 so also over range. Warren has got us doing ICSI for our April donor cycle (and have also done so with all previous 7 OE cycles) and I've asked to do PICSI too. Warren says PICSI doesn't help FISH issues however it helps the scientists choose a mature sperm so that's a bonus. Other than that, we are trying to keep to his program of icing DH's balls every night, lots of 'rooties' as Warren says, for the next 3 weeks before fertilisation, plus doing all supplements he recommends too (except aloe juice,
    My DH refuses to drink it)
    Plus my acupuncturist has him on L-Arginine an amino acid that helps sperm production. I'm afraid I've come across nothing that points to any way of overcoming a high FISH but if you hear of something please let me know! By the way, warren mentioned using donor sperm for a small portion of any eggs we get from our donor but we just can't get our heads around it at this stage and so are crossing fingers DH's sperm can do the job
    My DH had a similar FISH result.

For our successful ED cycle
    DH used to hide the aloe Vera juice into another fruit juice (orange/pineapple) so he couldn't taste it...

We also followed Warrens suggestion of splitting 50/50 with DH and a sperm donor. We found that DH just knowing we were doing this meant there wasn't any pressure on him any more and actually improved his result.

In all previous cycles we had done (OE and DE ) DH's sperm had resulted in high levels of fragmenting and Embies arresting on day 3-4. The best we ever got to transfer was a morula with fragmentation.

The successful cycle however, where we split the load, resulted in DH's batch having 7 x 5day blasts.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (23-03-2016),Keepontryin13  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    My DH had a similar FISH result.

For our successful ED cycle
    DH used to hide the aloe Vera juice into another fruit juice (orange/pineapple) so he couldn't taste it...

We also followed Warrens suggestion of splitting 50/50 with DH and a sperm donor. We found that DH just knowing we were doing this meant there wasn't any pressure on him any more and actually improved his result.

In all previous cycles we had done (OE and DE ) DH's sperm had resulted in high levels of fragmenting and Embies arresting on day 3-4. The best we ever got to transfer was a morula with fragmentation.

The successful cycle however, where we split the load, resulted in DH's batch having 7 x 5day blasts.
    Thanks @Blinky76 we definitely are open to the idea that's for sure but as we have only just moved over to Charlotte would see what she recommends first and go from there. Ultimately would love just to use our our own sperm but if it won't get us the end result of a bubba then something needs to happen!

Great result with the donat sperm too! I could only dream of having that many blasts! A typical cycle for us is around 12 eggs collected with only having one blast to transfer and rarely having one in the freezer. They all tend to arrest between day 4 and 5. I actually think the growing part of the process is worse than the 2WW!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    One more sleep... not sure weather to poas in the morning to ease my excitement or wait till have blood test tomorrow to see if all has worked. Doing my head in today.
    Good luck for tomorrow!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (24-03-2016),Gagingi  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today @Chyna 🍀

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Good luck today @Chyna ������
    Thanks honey, & @keepontrying13 gonna duck up at meal break in about an hour to do blood test. So excited and nervous didnt sleep much last night.
    Last edited by Chyna; 24-03-2016 at 08:53.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (24-03-2016),Tinachris  (24-03-2016)