Closed Thread
Page 52 of 125 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsparso View Post
    Hi Everyone, I'm also a patient of Wazza. We just had our first IVF cycle using ICSI but unfortunately none of our embryos made it to blastocyst. We have a 15month old boy who we also conceived via IVF. He was our only embryo and turned out to be our little miracle baby. I'm hoping we can make that miracle happen again. Wazza thinks the quality of my eggs is not very good. We're going to take a break for a month (let my belly recover from all the jabs) and then try again. I was thinking I could ask the Easter Bunny for some better eggs!! I'm a big fan of Wazza. He's been really great. It's nice to read about other people's journey with him also.
    Welcome MrsP and congrats on your miracle bub. Wazza is awesome isn't he?! Even when it doesn't work he is so supportive, it makes this journey easier.

I might be weird, but twice we've done back-to-back cycles and the second of each of those cycles have produced our best embies. I couldn't do three in a row as my ovaries would really go ballistic, but that is my plan. Two back-to-back stim cycles with PGD and then FET; then another two. Depending of course on how much more we can take the physical, psychological, and financial strain...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Hi @mrsparso 👋
    I love hearing about IVF babies! It makes me hopeful 😊 Sorry your cycle didn't work. ☹
    Thanks Tinachris. It's so nice being able to talk to other people who understand the journey you've been through ☺

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (22-03-2016),Tinachris  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @mrsparso - Welcome hun, sorry to hear about your last cycle, hoping you get miracle no.2 soon. By the way I could do with some of those good eggs from the Easter Bunny too if your putting an order in lol!
    @Tinachris @Gagingi -Thanks for the info on the scitropin, I have heard of growth hormone and actually asked my last Fs about it but he had never used it. Maybe we should ask Warren if it would be good for me. As for the cost I have a feeling we are going to get into a lot more debt if we are going to get a little miracle I suppose I best get use to it.

AFM - Stuck waiting at the moment which I hate as we masy be waiting for nothing if results come back as abnormal we will have to cycle again anyway.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Welcome MrsP and congrats on your miracle bub. Wazza is awesome isn't he?! Even when it doesn't work he is so supportive, it makes this journey easier.

I might be weird, but twice we've done back-to-back cycles and the second of each of those cycles have produced our best embies. I couldn't do three in a row as my ovaries would really go ballistic, but that is my plan. Two back-to-back stim cycles with PGD and then FET; then another two. Depending of course on how much more we can take the physical, psychological, and financial strain...
    Thanks Gagingi. You are right about Wazza being awesome. He was so disappointed for us when we didn't get any embies and even though i know he was flat out he still took the time to talk things through with me on the phone.
    Hmm...you have me thinking about doing back to back cycle now rather than waiting. April is a lucky month for us as that's when our little boys embryo was transferred.
    I found taking all the meds and supplements a bit overwhelming this time around. So I was going to just relax for a month. But perhaps better to push through? We also have only told my parents about going through the process again, so it's really hard to sneak off and do meds without anyone getting suspicious!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (22-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    @gagangi thanks!! Did I already tell u ur awesome!!?? ������
    Do u reckon it could be cheaper elsewhere? ������
    @Tinachris I suspect that is at cost. I know Wazza puts quite a bit of effort into sourcing supplements. The pharmacy puts a mark-up on, but I don't think he does. I know with the lipoidal medication he searched out a supplier that would provide the required dose, so that patients weren't having to buy more than they need (it usually comes with two doses).

The only exception I can think of might be if people need it for a condition where it is PBS approved, but I don't know if there is any such condition. I'd also worry about the quality if I got it elsewhere. I think it is what body builders use, though I imagine the dose is rather different.

I've got a great local pharmacist so I'll ask her.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (22-03-2016),Tinachris  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @mrsparso - Welcome hun, sorry to hear about your last cycle, hoping you get miracle no.2 soon. By the way I could do with some of those good eggs from the Easter Bunny too if your putting an order in lol!
    @Tinachris @Gagingi -Thanks for the info on the scitropin, I have heard of growth hormone and actually asked my last Fs about it but he had never used it. Maybe we should ask Warren if it would be good for me. As for the cost I have a feeling we are going to get into a lot more debt if we are going to get a little miracle I suppose I best get use to it.

AFM - Stuck waiting at the moment which I hate as we masy be waiting for nothing if results come back as abnormal we will have to cycle again anyway.
    Thanks Heyside! I will definitely put in an extra order for you too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tinachris I suspect that is at cost. I know Wazza puts quite a bit of effort into sourcing supplements. The pharmacy puts a mark-up on, but I don't think he does. I know with the lipoidal medication he searched out a supplier that would provide the required dose, so that patients weren't having to buy more than they need (it usually comes with two doses).

The only exception I can think of might be if people need it for a condition where it is PBS approved, but I don't know if there is any such condition. I'd also worry about the quality if I got it elsewhere. I think it is what body builders use, though I imagine the dose is rather different.

I've got a great local pharmacist so I'll ask her.
    Yes, when I did the lipoidal flush I got it straight from reception and yes, it was $200 cheaper. Well, I think they use it medically for small children. Yes, it is what body builders use!! It's all over their forums about building their muscles and sourcing it from Asia cheaply. 😂 I read their comments and was imagining their super small p$&ises. 😂

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thrilled to have a few extra days off the meds. I have to start Clexane 60 on day 4 which would have been Thursday and I bruise like crazy plus I also need to start new meds day 2 which would have been today and usually I get migraines from hormone medications when I first start using them, so I might get a bit of an Easter break after all.

The lining is actually too thick. Wazza likes it gone, to then rebuild for the new cycle. He doesn't like "new grass on old grass".

(@Chyna we'll be driving and aren't expecting too much traffic, plus a few days early for Easter Bunny).
    Awh honey sorry to hear re lining. I'm the opposite! Hopefully wont be much traffic on the roads. I've not heard of Scott before hope he's just as lovely. Good luck with the clexane honey. It's my daily belly tattoo lol. Although changing the angle and wriggling my toe as i put it in seem to of helped. ( small things but works)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsparso View Post
    Hi Everyone, I'm also a patient of Wazza. We just had our first IVF cycle using ICSI but unfortunately none of our embryos made it to blastocyst. We have a 15month old boy who we also conceived via IVF. He was our only embryo and turned out to be our little miracle baby. I'm hoping we can make that miracle happen again. Wazza thinks the quality of my eggs is not very good. We're going to take a break for a month (let my belly recover from all the jabs) and then try again. I was thinking I could ask the Easter Bunny for some better eggs!! I'm a big fan of Wazza. He's been really great. It's nice to read about other people's journey with him also.
    Welcome honey, you've got an amazing group of ladies here. Congrats on tour 1st miracle and here's to another very soon for you x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyna View Post
    Welcome honey, you've got an amazing group of ladies here. Congrats on tour 1st miracle and here's to another very soon for you x
    Thanks so much Chyna. I actually feel a lot better today after joining this group and getting to hear about other people's journeys. I wish you all the best for your journey too ☺

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsparso For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (22-03-2016),Gagingi  (22-03-2016),Heyside  (22-03-2016)