Closed Thread
Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again @Gen72
    I just called repromed Darwin and unfortunately they dont do intralipids and nither the only hospital here do it...
    So I guess I probably have to see Dr warren first and find out if I really need intralipids (finger crossed that I dont need it or maybe im just in denial lol)
    Anyhow thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @wishing25 - wow hun great news that the embryo upgraded that is very positive. Congrats on being PUPO hope you get your bfp soon. I thought Warren wasnt doing transfers and EPUs this year and Charlotte was doing them? I wonder when that changes?
    @Gen72 - maybe the EPU without GA wasn't a good idea either then ha ha glad I never went ahead.
    Thank you 😊. Yes I did read that... But it was never mentioned. Charlotte started my FET cycle and did my first two scans because warren was still on holidays (she is lovely) but then he took over as normal. So I'm not sure when she is taking over the procedures. Haha I really think he will have a hard time letting go!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (02-02-2016),Heyside  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Genea does EPU like this. It was really good I preferred it to GA EPU's recovery is immediate. I have had the scratch done in my FS rooms was okay like a Pap smear but more blood. Not sure about the flush though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    @Heyside I saw a YouTube video of someone having EPU without anaesthetic, they just had twilight and pain relief. NO WAY would I have that done, wasn't pretty
    Last edited by Maxwellsmum; 01-02-2016 at 19:39.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @wishing25 best of luck with your 2ww. My first frostie upgraded too when it thawed. It was a 6AB my best graded one out of my batch. Hopefully yours is stickier than what mine was✨GL.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

wishing25  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    @wishing25 best of luck with your 2ww. My first frostie upgraded too when it thawed. It was a 6AB my best graded one out of my batch. Hopefully yours is stickier than what mine was✨GL.
    Thanks fingers crossed! @Maxwellsmum 😊

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LittleDove we are doing PGD. Last cycle my follies moved really fast and so had Monday EPU, so had to do 3-day. We're hoping this time that we can have EPU Wed-Fri and have 5-day PGD. We spoke to him about it and he prefers 5-day as you don't waste money on biopsying an embie that won't make it to day 5, but if the follies/eggs are ready then you just have to run with it. Also 3-day is slightly less accurate (2%), plus I think scientists prefer day 5 if possible as less stressful on embies. We're also banking this time, so that my body recovers before transfer. I'm liking being on less drugs while cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    Is anyone doing PGD with Wazza? I am and was wondering if anyone else is and of so if they are doing a day 3 or day 5 biopsy.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (02-02-2016),wishing25  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't get this - if they have the equipment (and they'd have to for cancer, MS, anemic patients etc) - why can't they order intralipids in if the doctor prescribes it? At St Andrews apparently Wazza is primary FS sending patients for intralipids and they can do it. Very frustrating for you @yjeu.

Quote Originally Posted by yjeu View Post
    Thanks again @Gen72
    I just called repromed Darwin and unfortunately they dont do intralipids and nither the only hospital here do it...
    So I guess I probably have to see Dr warren first and find out if I really need intralipids (finger crossed that I dont need it or maybe im just in denial lol)
    Anyhow thanks again

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

wishing25  (02-02-2016),yjeu  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    I haven't posted for a while on this thread but I was wondering if anyone has done an endometrial scratch in Wazza's offices oppose to at the day hospital? What was it like etc? Sorry to bombard the current conversation
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Sorry @LittleDove I also had mine under general... but I did think about having it done in his rooms the next time. He says there is some 'discomfort'... but that doesn't really tell you if it is going to 'hurt like hell so you would rather be dead'. I too would be curious to talk to anyone that has had it done in his rooms.

I've had theHysteroscopy, Endo Scratch/Lipoidal Flush done on Cycle 4 and just the Hysteroscopy/ Endo Scratch on Cycle 5 in his rooms without anaesthetic and yes, it was painful for me but I also find transfers excruciatingly painful due to scar tissue on my cervix from previous Gynae surgery hence Wazza giving me pethidine on top of the normal Valium cocktail!!!

Anyhoo...here's a link to where I posted about the procedure in detail the first time I had it done. Post number #14 gives a blow by blow description. The first time I took Naprogesic tabs 1 hr beforehand for pain relief which did F.A. for me, the second time Wazza gave me a script for Endone and I had a couple of those with a few Valiums too and coped with the pain so much better!!!

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-Scratch/page4

I then go on in the following pages (page 3 onwards) posting about the after effects and when AF arrived afterwards etc. Hoping this will help
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-02-2016 at 06:55.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    To all the Lovelies stimming, scanning, EPU'ing, embryo banking in the 2ww or waiting to begin your next Cycle know that I'm and sending prayers to the Universe for you all, thinking of you and cheering you on from the sidelines!!!!

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (02-02-2016),Gagingi  (02-02-2016),Heyside  (02-02-2016),softshellcrab  (02-02-2016),Tinachris  (02-02-2016),wishing25  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    I don't get this - if they have the equipment (and they'd have to for cancer, MS, anemic patients etc) - why can't they order intralipids in if the doctor prescribes it? At St Andrews apparently Wazza is primary FS sending patients for intralipids and they can do it. Very frustrating for you @yjeu.

I'm wondering if there needs to be some kind of special permission given by the TGA/Medicare for FS's etc to order the intrallipids in as they're being used "off label" as such in IVF and maybe that's why it can't be done???

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

yjeu  (02-02-2016)