Closed Thread
Page 47 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1229
  1. #461
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked
    3,678
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Chyna yeah we should have a catchup. I hate low amh, however women still get pregnant with it low. Gotta keep that in mind. Yeah me and hubby watched it last night, its a series, was quite interesting. A bit emotional. Yeah, you work crazy hours!!! Have you got any symptoms??

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

    Chyna  (17-03-2016)

  3. #462
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    1,623
    Thanked
    3,678
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rubywhoohoo one little step overcome, i bet you're glad that's over. So sad for the lady who got zero. omg i hope she has good support. So devastating. @Heyside I think you guys have made the right decision. I am thinking of you guys. Such a torturous wait involved. But at least you will get some possibly unanswered questions out of it. x

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

    Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

  5. #463
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,943
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on EPU @Rubywoohoo. We have quality rather than quantity issues too, but quality has improved with Wazza, so fingers crossed his magical protocol works for you. Are you aiming for day 5 transfer?

    I think at every EPU there has been a zero retrieved lady in recovery. It's awful, particularly if the FS doesn't know why or has realised nothing can be done, and that's it for her. DH and I are very careful about not discussing numbers in seated recovery.

    Fingers crossed for good fertilisation rates tomorrow. Are you doing PICSI?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

  7. #464
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    979
    Thanks
    1,550
    Thanked
    694
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubywoohoo View Post
    Hiya lovelies. I'm in the recovery area at the hospital, just had epu... 20 retrieved, but I'm not getting too excited: for me quality's always the issue rather than the numbers. There's a poor woman here who got zero, and she's crying. I want to go over and hug her. I know how zero results feels (all my embies have always either not fertilized or died by day 4).
    Congrats honey, 1st step over. Fx all goes well you only need 1 good one. My heart is breaking for that poor lady.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

    Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

  9. #465
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    979
    Thanks
    1,550
    Thanked
    694
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    @Chyna yeah we should have a catchup. I hate low amh, however women still get pregnant with it low. Gotta keep that in mind. Yeah me and hubby watched it last night, its a series, was quite interesting. A bit emotional. Yeah, you work crazy hours!!! Have you got any symptoms??
    @Tinachris Very true, we only need 1 good egg. I'm in for catching up and i reckon we'll all just click as we can all relate to each other. Where is everyone based? I'm in Aspley. No real symptoms as of yet only sore boobs/tender nipples. Have had a sore back last few days which I thought was odd. I've just found the keeping australia alive on fox so have series linked it.
    Last edited by Chyna; 17-03-2016 at 19:37.

  10. #466
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked
    147
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubywoohoo View Post
    Hiya lovelies. I'm in the recovery area at the hospital, just had epu... 20 retrieved, but I'm not getting too excited: for me quality's always the issue rather than the numbers. There's a poor woman here who got zero, and she's crying. I want to go over and hug her. I know how zero results feels (all my embies have always either not fertilized or died by day 4).
    good luck! Same issues here. Get a good haul... Usually number 13 haunts us! But definite quality issues. Will be cheering you on!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

    Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

  12. #467
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked
    115
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Congrats on EPU @Rubywoohoo. We have quality rather than quantity issues too, but quality has improved with Wazza, so fingers crossed his magical protocol works for you. Are you aiming for day 5 transfer?

    I think at every EPU there has been a zero retrieved lady in recovery. It's awful, particularly if the FS doesn't know why or has realised nothing can be done, and that's it for her. DH and I are very careful about not discussing numbers in seated recovery.

    Fingers crossed for good fertilisation rates tomorrow. Are you doing PICSI?
    Yeah @Gagingi I am totally with you about keeping quiet and being sensitive in the recovery room. It's a bit challenging when Warren has written '20' about 15 times on all of your exposed skin surfaces (I even found some on the soles of my feet when I got home!). The nurse just rolled her eyes and handed me some alcohol wipes :-)

    Yep we're doing ICSI PICSI with freeze most, day 5 PGD if we get there this time - never have before. It's 'freeze most' because Warrens doing that thing where if we have some "ugly second rate" ones that aren't worth PDGing he wants to chuck them back in a fresh 5 day transfer anyway.

    In related TMI sharing: I've been following along on the forums about the progesterone pessaries. OMG they're hideous. So far the slimy nasty little critters just zoom straight back out again even though I'm lying down. Definitely will need practice, and I'll be getting it! :-D

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubywoohoo For This Useful Post:

    Gagingi  (17-03-2016)

  14. #468
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    861
    Thanks
    2,943
    Thanked
    2,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubywoohoo View Post
    Yeah @Gagingi I am totally with you about keeping quiet and being sensitive in the recovery room. It's a bit challenging when Warren has written '20' about 15 times on all of your exposed skin surfaces (I even found some on the soles of my feet when I got home!). The nurse just rolled her eyes and handed me some alcohol wipes :-)

    Yep we're doing ICSI PICSI with freeze most, day 5 PGD if we get there this time - never have before. It's 'freeze most' because Warrens doing that thing where if we have some "ugly second rate" ones that aren't worth PDGing he wants to chuck them back in a fresh 5 day transfer anyway.

    In related TMI sharing: I've been following along on the forums about the progesterone pessaries. OMG they're hideous. So far the slimy nasty little critters just zoom straight back out again even though I'm lying down. Definitely will need practice, and I'll be getting it! :-D
    I find the dynamics between the staff at the hospital hilarious. Some nurses love Wazza and some find him a bit demanding I think. The relationship between him and anaethatists is fun to watch too. I've had 7 EPUs in the past 10 months with two different FSs and 6 anaethatists. Plus ETs with another two FSs and it can keep you entertained in recovery.

    My previous FS didn't write numbers, so I don't think a lot of patients would know what it says, plus his writing is a tad indecipherable. I love the writing and am sure he does it to relieve our stress, he is such a lovely man.

    As for your TMI (is there such a thing with IVF?!?). I've never had that issue. I use the applicator and put it all in a brown paper bag and use flushable wipes to clean my hands, then set the alarm for 30 minutes, so I can go wash up (no OCD here ). Occassionally I've had to put in a tampon as I couldn't wait 30 minutes (tampon as per nurse's instructions, but I was worried the tampon would absorb too much). If it doesn't resolve I'd ring Wazza's nurse and see if you can swap to Crinone. You need that pessary snug against your cervix for your "ugly" blasts to turn into a beautiful bubba.

    Fingers crossed for day 5 - we never had any pre-Wazza and I've heard that story so many times.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

    Rubywoohoo  (18-03-2016)

  16. #469
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    979
    Thanks
    1,550
    Thanked
    694
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubywoohoo View Post
    Yeah @Gagingi I am totally with you about keeping quiet and being sensitive in the recovery room. It's a bit challenging when Warren has written '20' about 15 times on all of your exposed skin surfaces (I even found some on the soles of my feet when I got home!). The nurse just rolled her eyes and handed me some alcohol wipes :-)

    Yep we're doing ICSI PICSI with freeze most, day 5 PGD if we get there this time - never have before. It's 'freeze most' because Warrens doing that thing where if we have some "ugly second rate" ones that aren't worth PDGing he wants to chuck them back in a fresh 5 day transfer anyway.

    In related TMI sharing: I've been following along on the forums about the progesterone pessaries. OMG they're hideous. So far the slimy nasty little critters just zoom straight back out again even though I'm lying down. Definitely will need practice, and I'll be getting it! :-D
    Good luck with the pessaries. They wreck your underwear also. I normally pop it in and turn it sideways and seems to stay in. They do take a bit of getting used to but so worth it good luck finding your way with them x

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

    Gagingi  (18-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (18-03-2016)

  18. #470
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    0
    This will be TMI but Warren also recommends putting them in the "back door" if you don't have time to lay down for 20... As horrible as it sounds it is far less messy (and still does the same thing). You obviously do have to hold off the urge to go to the toilet for a while though. Anyway that is how I have to do my lunchtime one because I'm on my feet all day at work. Also if you do the tampon trick you must cover it in Vaseline or it will absorb the progesterone. Hope that helps!!

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

    Chyna  (18-03-2016),Gagingi  (18-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (18-03-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. **spin off** Kmart appreciation thread
    By Moxy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 875
    Last Post: 21-11-2016, 21:02
  2. Replies: 976
    Last Post: 30-01-2016, 10:40
  3. partner appreciation thread
    By Luanajo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-01-2016, 09:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
KindyROO
KindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available at three Brisbane and two Gold Coast locations. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!