Closed Thread
Page 47 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Chyna yeah we should have a catchup. I hate low amh, however women still get pregnant with it low. Gotta keep that in mind. Yeah me and hubby watched it last night, its a series, was quite interesting. A bit emotional. Yeah, you work crazy hours!!! Have you got any symptoms??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rubywhoohoo one little step overcome, i bet you're glad that's over. So sad for the lady who got zero. omg i hope she has good support. So devastating. @Heyside I think you guys have made the right decision. I am thinking of you guys. Such a torturous wait involved. But at least you will get some possibly unanswered questions out of it. x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on EPU @Rubywoohoo. We have quality rather than quantity issues too, but quality has improved with Wazza, so fingers crossed his magical protocol works for you. Are you aiming for day 5 transfer?

I think at every EPU there has been a zero retrieved lady in recovery. It's awful, particularly if the FS doesn't know why or has realised nothing can be done, and that's it for her. DH and I are very careful about not discussing numbers in seated recovery.

Fingers crossed for good fertilisation rates tomorrow. Are you doing PICSI?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubywoohoo View Post
    Hiya lovelies. I'm in the recovery area at the hospital, just had epu... 20 retrieved, but I'm not getting too excited: for me quality's always the issue rather than the numbers. There's a poor woman here who got zero, and she's crying. I want to go over and hug her. I know how zero results feels (all my embies have always either not fertilized or died by day 4).
    Congrats honey, 1st step over. Fx all goes well you only need 1 good one. My heart is breaking for that poor lady.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    @Chyna yeah we should have a catchup. I hate low amh, however women still get pregnant with it low. Gotta keep that in mind. Yeah me and hubby watched it last night, its a series, was quite interesting. A bit emotional. Yeah, you work crazy hours!!! Have you got any symptoms??
    @Tinachris Very true, we only need 1 good egg. I'm in for catching up and i reckon we'll all just click as we can all relate to each other. Where is everyone based? I'm in Aspley. No real symptoms as of yet only sore boobs/tender nipples. Have had a sore back last few days which I thought was odd. I've just found the keeping australia alive on fox so have series linked it.
    Last edited by Chyna; 17-03-2016 at 19:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya lovelies. I'm in the recovery area at the hospital, just had epu... 20 retrieved, but I'm not getting too excited: for me quality's always the issue rather than the numbers. There's a poor woman here who got zero, and she's crying. I want to go over and hug her. I know how zero results feels (all my embies have always either not fertilized or died by day 4).
    good luck! Same issues here. Get a good haul... Usually number 13 haunts us! But definite quality issues. Will be cheering you on!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Keepontryin13 For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Congrats on EPU @Rubywoohoo. We have quality rather than quantity issues too, but quality has improved with Wazza, so fingers crossed his magical protocol works for you. Are you aiming for day 5 transfer?

I think at every EPU there has been a zero retrieved lady in recovery. It's awful, particularly if the FS doesn't know why or has realised nothing can be done, and that's it for her. DH and I are very careful about not discussing numbers in seated recovery.

Fingers crossed for good fertilisation rates tomorrow. Are you doing PICSI?
    Yeah @Gagingi I am totally with you about keeping quiet and being sensitive in the recovery room. It's a bit challenging when Warren has written '20' about 15 times on all of your exposed skin surfaces (I even found some on the soles of my feet when I got home!). The nurse just rolled her eyes and handed me some alcohol wipes :-)

Yep we're doing ICSI PICSI with freeze most, day 5 PGD if we get there this time - never have before. It's 'freeze most' because Warrens doing that thing where if we have some "ugly second rate" ones that aren't worth PDGing he wants to chuck them back in a fresh 5 day transfer anyway.

In related TMI sharing: I've been following along on the forums about the progesterone pessaries. OMG they're hideous. So far the slimy nasty little critters just zoom straight back out again even though I'm lying down. Definitely will need practice, and I'll be getting it! :-D

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubywoohoo For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah @Gagingi I am totally with you about keeping quiet and being sensitive in the recovery room. It's a bit challenging when Warren has written '20' about 15 times on all of your exposed skin surfaces (I even found some on the soles of my feet when I got home!). The nurse just rolled her eyes and handed me some alcohol wipes :-)

Yep we're doing ICSI PICSI with freeze most, day 5 PGD if we get there this time - never have before. It's 'freeze most' because Warrens doing that thing where if we have some "ugly second rate" ones that aren't worth PDGing he wants to chuck them back in a fresh 5 day transfer anyway.

In related TMI sharing: I've been following along on the forums about the progesterone pessaries. OMG they're hideous. So far the slimy nasty little critters just zoom straight back out again even though I'm lying down. Definitely will need practice, and I'll be getting it! :-D
    I find the dynamics between the staff at the hospital hilarious. Some nurses love Wazza and some find him a bit demanding I think. The relationship between him and anaethatists is fun to watch too. I've had 7 EPUs in the past 10 months with two different FSs and 6 anaethatists. Plus ETs with another two FSs and it can keep you entertained in recovery.

My previous FS didn't write numbers, so I don't think a lot of patients would know what it says, plus his writing is a tad indecipherable. I love the writing and am sure he does it to relieve our stress, he is such a lovely man.

As for your TMI (is there such a thing with IVF?!?). I've never had that issue. I use the applicator and put it all in a brown paper bag and use flushable wipes to clean my hands, then set the alarm for 30 minutes, so I can go wash up (no OCD here ). Occassionally I've had to put in a tampon as I couldn't wait 30 minutes (tampon as per nurse's instructions, but I was worried the tampon would absorb too much). If it doesn't resolve I'd ring Wazza's nurse and see if you can swap to Crinone. You need that pessary snug against your cervix for your "ugly" blasts to turn into a beautiful bubba.

Fingers crossed for day 5 - we never had any pre-Wazza and I've heard that story so many times.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Rubywoohoo  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck with the pessaries. They wreck your underwear also. I normally pop it in and turn it sideways and seems to stay in. They do take a bit of getting used to but so worth it good luck finding your way with them x

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (18-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be TMI but Warren also recommends putting them in the "back door" if you don't have time to lay down for 20... As horrible as it sounds it is far less messy (and still does the same thing). You obviously do have to hold off the urge to go to the toilet for a while though. Anyway that is how I have to do my lunchtime one because I'm on my feet all day at work. Also if you do the tampon trick you must cover it in Vaseline or it will absorb the progesterone. Hope that helps!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (18-03-2016),Gagingi  (18-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (18-03-2016)