Closed Thread
Page 46 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Clexand and pgd

Hi just thought id but in because someone was wondering about clexane and i thought id share my experience. First, if you read the leaflet that comes with it, DONT flick out the air bubble. Its a subcutaneous injection so not necessary and it ensures you get the whole dose. I noticed that you really need to jab it in. Dont slowly slide it in. A quick confident jab, no pausing. One time when i chickened out halfway through, i got more of a bruise/red mark. Also, you need to get a big pinch of skin and keep it pinched until the plunger is fully down and dont let go of the pinch of skin until the needle is completly out. I noticed the bigger the pinch of skin the less of a red mark. I didnt bruise at all this way.
    I also read a thing the other day about pgd testing that said the cells they pgd test come from the outer shell of the embryo and that often these cells r less normal than the inner cells and that the outer cells r the cells that become the placenta and so it matters less if these cells r abnormal and that these cells can sometimes self correct. The authors of the article were suggesting that pgd testing could report abnormalities and that these embryos could still be viable and so they were saying people might be throwing out viable embryos. Im sorry i cant remember to source i read this in because ive read so much stuff over the last few years. I'll try searching for the article and add the link if i find it.
    Oh and, yes, i too have no friends left anymore. Its not that we've had falling outs. Its just that i dont really belong with them anymore. Cant connect or relate to them and they just dont understand. Being infertile has pretty much made me feel isolated from life overall. People really dont understand. Except people like us :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

yjeu  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @gorgeousgeorge I read that article too! Very interesting about the self correction embryos can do to themselves, huh? I also just wanted to say, I'm totally the same with with friends, I have none either. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Yes thats where we are at @yjeu after transfering 7 embryos in total and experiencing 2 chemicals and 1 blighted ovum.
    Unfortunately PGD normals don't guarantee against miscarriage or blighted ovums etc. It obviously reduces the risk, but doesn't eliminate it. The great thing about Wazza and Charlotte is that they thoroughly exam and treat other issues - i.e. immunology etc, but Wazza has been clear with us that miscarriages can still happen.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

yjeu  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tinachris lol I'll be your friend mate. Its so sad really. I used to be a bubbly vivacious social story teller who woke up smiling and spent the day laughing, went to bed thinking about how lucky i was and how wonderful life was in general. Now i wake up a bit disappointed each morning that im still here which means more ivf disappointments, i try to appreciate what ive got, like having arms and legs and all my 5 senses and not having a terminal disease and all my pets are healthy but feel like im fishing at the bottom of the barrel lol. I used to love gardening but now i hate my garden coz its full of fertilisation, reproduction, growth and fecundity. How crazy is that! And i got some chickens which ive always wanted but now collecting their eggs every day makes me cry coz "eggs" is a loaded word for me with lots of negative connotations. I think that apart from the thought of never being a mum, i also just get very upset when i think ive not only had that taken away from me, but that infertility has also taken away much of who i was and what i enjoyed about life. I do hope the old me will come back one day regardless of whether ivf eventually works. I did get a reality check today when i saw one of my friends at work. She has pcos and never had kids and is way too old to try now AND she got breast cancer AND her dog died yesterday. She still got up out of bed today, came to work and had a smile on her face so yeah, things aint that bad i spose :-) (i dont know why my posts are so bloody long and practically non related to the actual ivf cycle and processes!!! Everyone must think im mental, which i am, but why do i feel the need to share my mentalness so much???) Take care everyone, especially the two week waiters xox

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (16-03-2016),Chyna  (17-03-2016),Gagingi  (16-03-2016),Keepontryin13  (17-03-2016),Summer  (24-03-2016),Tinachris  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Ah, pcos, I don't have that I'm the opposite with super low AMH for my age. I honestly have no experience with this but if I were you I think I would just take warren's advice and test the 3 you have already. That way, you might have a chance to give yourself a break from the meds etc. Not really a break from the stress as the testing and survival of the embies would have you guys on edge but maybe a break from the cycle. Yes, I know you can test them and still the normal ones might not grow either. It's like when you find out the quality of them and even the top quality ones still can not grow. I really hate all the gambling involved in the process. I'll have to find that show on iview, is that the one where they film in the hospital for 24hrs or something?
    Honey I'm with you on the low ahm side and only have very low eggs. For my iui scan I only had 3 eggs to play with. I've heard about that show but not seen it. Will have to look it up. Ladies it makes me so sad that we are nearly all friendless. We should all try and come together some time. I'm struggling as we all are with the social side of things but also due to my work hours ( I do insane shift work hrs). I'm so happy to have everyone on hear in my everyday Internet life. This time next week will be doing my bt after my 2ww!!
    Last edited by Chyna; 17-03-2016 at 04:01.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis - Wazza appreciation thread #2

Hiya lovelies. I'm in the recovery area at the hospital, just had epu... 20 retrieved, but I'm not getting too excited: for me quality's always the issue rather than the numbers. There's a poor woman here who got zero, and she's crying. I want to go over and hug her. I know how zero results feels (all my embies have always either not fertilized or died by day 4).
    Last edited by Rubywoohoo; 17-03-2016 at 10:33.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubywoohoo For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (17-03-2016),Gagingi  (17-03-2016),Tinachris  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing about friends resonates with me too. This is such a difficult, isolating journey. My friends got married & had babies, or chose mega careers and no babies... and our lives diverged. My closest friends either have had kids with no issues, or are anti-having kids... neither group 'get it'.

I reckon it's generally more difficult anyway these days for adults to keep friends.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubywoohoo For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    I also read a thing the other day about pgd testing that said the cells they pgd test come from the outer shell of the embryo and that often these cells r less normal than the inner cells and that the outer cells r the cells that become the placenta and so it matters less if these cells r abnormal and that these cells can sometimes self correct. The authors of the article were suggesting that pgd testing could report abnormalities and that these embryos could still be viable and so they were saying people might be throwing out viable embryos. Im sorry i cant remember to source i read this in because ive read so much stuff over the last few years. I'll try searching for the article and add the link if i find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Unfortunately PGD normals don't guarantee against miscarriage or blighted ovums etc. It obviously reduces the risk, but doesn't eliminate it. The great thing about Wazza and Charlotte is that they thoroughly exam and treat other issues - i.e. immunology etc, but Wazza has been clear with us that miscarriages can still happen.
    Thanks for the info ladies, scary to read but good to know the full picture before we go into this though.

We have made a decision last night to test our remaining embryos and think about a fresh cycle further down the line if we need it. So will have a few nail biting weeks as we wait for results but at least we will know where we stand.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (17-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Rubywoohoo - Congratulations on your epu hun, I can so relate to not celebrating at this point though as we have the same issue with quality too. Nice to tick off the first box though hun now onto the next step, hope you get good results. So upsetting to see ladies come out with results of 0 after and epu we would all feel so sad for her, we all know whats gone on in the build up to the day, thinking of her even though I am not there 😢.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (17-03-2016),Rubywoohoo  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks @georgeousgeorge I need a friend!!!