Closed Thread
Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @yjeu I'm sure you'll be able to go to the local hospital to have the intralipid done, Warren doesn't do it personally anyway. I do intralipid for elevated NK Cells. I had mine done 7 days before EPU, then at EPU...didn't have them at transfer, but if I'd been positive I would have had them again then and then as @Gagingi said every 7 to 10 days up until 12 weeks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

yjeu  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Ozrainey can I just ask, did you have the scratch at Warren's rooms? Did you also have a Lipiodal flush? I'm also trying to work out if I would be able to handle the pain having it in the rooms rather than under anaesthetic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow @softshellcrab - might see you there 😊

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wishing25 For This Useful Post:

softshellcrab  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Hi @Ozrainey can I just ask, did you have the scratch at Warren's rooms? Did you also have a Lipiodal flush? I'm also trying to work out if I would be able to handle the pain having it in the rooms rather than under anaesthetic.
    I was put under general anaesthetic and yes had the lipo flush as well. I met a lady who wasn't put under and said it was terribly painful. Had this done at the day surgery up the road from Wazza's clinic. My insurance covered the hospital cost. Dr Wazza's fee was $300 and the anaesthetic cost was $600. The lipo flush you need to purchase before hand which is $390. All expensive but I've read plenty of studies stating it helps implantation. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozrainey View Post
    I was put under general anaesthetic and yes had the lipo flush as well. I met a lady who wasn't put under and said it was terribly painful. Had this done at the day surgery up the road from Wazza's clinic. My insurance covered the hospital cost. Dr Wazza's fee was $300 and the anaesthetic cost was $600. The lipo flush you need to purchase before hand which is $390. All expensive but I've read plenty of studies stating it helps implantation. Hope that helps.
    I had a hysteroscopy without a scratch and without GA a few years back and it was horribly painful - I wouldn't do it again. @Ozrainey did you get any rebate (PHI/Medicare) on Wazza or anaethatist fees? I know Wazza's office has now found a different supplier for lipo flush and I think I was quoted about $200.
    @Gen72 a similar discussion happened on the 40 plus thread last month (probably last thread or one before) about diagnostic hysteroscopy and the conclusion was GA being recommended.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    I had a hysteroscopy without a scratch and without GA a few years back and it was horribly painful - I wouldn't do it again. @Ozrainey did you get any rebate (PHI/Medicare) on Wazza or anaethatist fees? I know Wazza's office has now found a different supplier for lipo flush and I think I was quoted about $200.
    @Gen72 a similar discussion happened on the 40 plus thread last month (probably last thread or one before) about diagnostic hysteroscopy and the conclusion was GA being recommended.
    To memory there was a small rebate on Wazza's fee but not for the GA. Medicare don't acknowledge it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozrainey For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot @Gen72
    I will try to find out if the only hospital here in Darwin would so intralipids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozrainey View Post
    To memory there was a small rebate on Wazza's fee but not for the GA. Medicare don't acknowledge it.
    I'm thinking IVF is just code for tearing up money!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck to everyone with appointments and procedures this week hoping all goes well and this is a lucky start to the year for us all x

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (01-02-2016),Gagingi  (02-02-2016),LittleDove  (01-02-2016),wishing25  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is anyone doing PGD with Wazza? I am and was wondering if anyone else is and of so if they are doing a day 3 or day 5 biopsy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

wishing25  (01-02-2016)