Closed Thread
Page 108 of 125 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1241
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MamaKes - Oh hun I was wondering how you went on. It's such a rollercoaster isn't it, we were the same last fresh cycle, I didnt get to the hospital though I rang up a scientist on my way down only to be told very bluntly that there were no blasts and to phone Warren, dont think some of the scientists there have the best sociall skills. Warren was more reassuring and we just had slow starters that made it to blast on day 6. Remember when they checked that st 7am they would not quite be 5 day. I am so glad that you got to transfer hun, rest now and try to have a relaxing tww. Great that you have some in the freezer too x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @MamaKes how stressful. On our last stim cycle we were told we'd have nothing 2 times (once due to embryologist communication skills) and eventually two rallied (but only 1 was PGD normal). It was so stressful and lots of tears were spilt. With our transfer there were more dramas as it looked at one point as if they'd have to defrost the embie the day before making it a day 7 and that would likely have killed it. Thank god Warren sorted that out for us. It was all so stressful - I've lived a high stress life, but it drove my cortisol levels sky high. It took a while for me to de-stress afterwards, so please be extra gentle on yourself.
    Fingers, toes, and everything crossed for you.
    This is what worries me about our pgd tested embie, it was frozen at day 6 and then thawed again to be tested so I am very worried it wont survive a thaw again especially if its now classified as day 7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I decided to ring the nurse and ask about my embie and apparently the scientists have still classified it as day 6. I also asked about my next cycle and Warren wants to do something different due to me having so many eggs last fresh cycles so I will alternate my dose of fsh from 133 to 150 every day. We will also ICSI all the eggs as that's what gave us better results last time. He also wants me to consider not putting my PGD tested embryo back this cycle as results are supposedly better on a frozen cycle 😐. I will have to think about this as if we aren't successful this cycle we will have to have a big break due to travel planned at the beginning of next year plus also I have always had better results on a fresh cycle personally.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (23-04-2016),MamaKes  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @MamaKes - Oh hun I was wondering how you went on. It's such a rollercoaster isn't it, we were the same last fresh cycle, I didnt get to the hospital though I rang up a scientist on my way down only to be told very bluntly that there were no blasts and to phone Warren, dont think some of the scientists there have the best sociall skills. Warren was more reassuring and we just had slow starters that made it to blast on day 6. Remember when they checked that st 7am they would not quite be 5 day. I am so glad that you got to transfer hun, rest now and try to have a relaxing tww. Great that you have some in the freezer too x
    Thanks @Heyside I'm sorry you Went through that too. Wow and twice!! Yeah was pretty bad having yourself prepped for transfer and then going home. I'm home today with my DH watching comedy (Cell Block 4 lol) and eating hearty casseroles and pineapple core and thinking sticky thoughts. Xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (23-04-2016),Heyside  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @MamaKes how stressful. On our last stim cycle we were told we'd have nothing 2 times (once due to embryologist communication skills) and eventually two rallied (but only 1 was PGD normal). It was so stressful and lots of tears were spilt. With our transfer there were more dramas as it looked at one point as if they'd have to defrost the embie the day before making it a day 7 and that would likely have killed it. Thank god Warren sorted that out for us. It was all so stressful - I've lived a high stress life, but it drove my cortisol levels sky high. It took a while for me to de-stress afterwards, so please be extra gentle on yourself.
    Fingers, toes, and everything crossed for you.
    @Gagingi thanks yes the stress was enormous. Did i tell you an angel in the form of @Gen72 came in and surprised me in recovery after hearing that DH had to leave for work after transfer while I sat doing intralipids? Such a special friend she wanted to give me a hug and bless her drove me home and all - we had a cup of tea on my balcony grinning like idiots about both being PUPO.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (23-04-2016),Gagingi  (22-04-2016),Heyside  (22-04-2016),wishing25  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I decided to ring the nurse and ask about my embie and apparently the scientists have still classified it as day 6. I also asked about my next cycle and Warren wants to do something different due to me having so many eggs last fresh cycles so I will alternate my dose of fsh from 133 to 150 every day. We will also ICSI all the eggs as that's what gave us better results last time. He also wants me to consider not putting my PGD tested embryo back this cycle as results are supposedly better on a frozen cycle 😐. I will have to think about this as if we aren't successful this cycle we will have to have a big break due to travel planned at the beginning of next year plus also I have always had better results on a fresh cycle personally.
    Darl It's good Warren has a plan and also wants to do ICSI again too. Something to look forward to, as well as the sounds of your travels too! I miss travelling. This IVF caper takes all those possibilities of 'extras' away.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MamaKes yes definitely happy Warren has looked at last cycle and made some changes hopefully it will make a difference. Just now need to decide if we should put our pgd tested embie back during our fresh cycle. Our travel is a matter of going 'home' for a family wedding so not much in the way of traveling really but will be good to be with family.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is what worries me about our pgd tested embie, it was frozen at day 6 and then thawed again to be tested so I am very worried it wont survive a thaw again especially if its now classified as day 7.
    Make sure when you transfer that embie that your ET is at 10:30 or later. The scientists start at 7:00 and they allow 3 hours - otherwise they thaw the night before, so that can add 16 hours. It was only because I was checking what was happening with our 5-day embie that I found out. The scientist was really contradictory and then Warren moved my ET, bless him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks for that inside info @Gagingi makes me feel better will definitely take that into consideration.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies just has a scan with Wazza ( he wanted me to get weekly scans due to twins) and our 2 bubs have become 1 unfortunately. 1st has strong hb of 150bpm but other has stopped. Am sad but happy at same time if that's possible? Now am sitting here waiting for dh to get home and give him the news. Thank goodness I've got a week off now.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-04-2016),Tinachris  (22-04-2016)