+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I've read on the hub a few times some moms say that cacao makes their children act up so I would be cautious of using that with her.
    Raw cacao does not contain caffeine. The two alkaloids caffeine and theobromine are stimulants with similar structures but are both very different chemicals with different properties and effects. Theobromine is found in raw cacao.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Isn't it due to caffeine content? I know there is caffeine in other stuff but for someone who has issues sleeping I can see why it should be avoided.
    It's apparently a chemical called
    Theobromine ( I researched it after the last thread!) Its a mild stimulant which the reason some can feel energized after eating cacao ( and chocolate)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Raw cacao does not contain caffeine. The two alkaloids caffeine and theobromine are stimulants with similar structures but are both very different chemicals with different properties and effects. Theobromine is found in raw cacao.
    I didn't think it contained caffeine...just know a few moms on here have commented that it effects their children. If it contains a stimulate then probably not best for a child experiencing sleep and behavioral issues, ya know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh there we go. Not caffeine but something else. Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default extreme 3 year old behaviour PLEASE help

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I didn't think it contained caffeine...just know a few moms on here have commented that it effects their children. If it contains a stimulate then probably not best for a child experiencing sleep and behavioral issues, ya know?
    Sorry I was meant to quote someone else 😬
    Oh and fair call on using it for children but it doesn't have the same effects as caffeine but it does stimulate the central nervous system to a degree so hence my fair call 😊
    Last edited by FirstTimeMummy2012; 31-01-2016 at 08:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like she's not getting good quality sleep. Have you gotten a referral to an ENT?

Sure you can look at reducing packaged food and sugar, but with mouth breathing and snoring evident, I'd say it's sleep that's her issue, not food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's it going op

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for all the advice. We have started cosleeping which I don't love as I feel like neither of us get quality sleep but it's better than her up and down like a yoyo.
    Will definitely look into that diet after we get back from holidays. In terms of the ent, if gp thinks ears and throat are fine and X-ray showed normal adenoids then is there anything else that they could find? I still find she snores although not all the time.
    I've been tiring her out more with swimming in the late arvo which helps her to go down easier. Plus in perths heatwave, it's rather nice!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to acerbaby For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (12-02-2016)