+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did the stay home dad thing for 6 months with 3 under 5. Loved it. Yes very hard to do your own things particularly at the start but ince routines were established it became easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are you enjoying this motherhood thing?

Had you asked me this when my soon to be 3 year old DD was under a year old, I would have said, I LOVE motherhood! Now, no, I don't really enjoy it all.
    I have a DH who helps with everything but cooking so I can't blame it on that. I get regular time outs so I can't blame it on that either. I'm currently studying so I'm using my brain so I can't blame it on that.
    I just can't deal with being needed so much. It drives me mental!
    I love my DD to the ends of the earth. I truly do. But she annoys me. She's whiny and doesn't stop asking questions! My DH annoys me. He's forever asking questions too! Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if I had just stayed single and travelled. Would I be happier? I'm not sure. Probably not. No matter what's going on in my life, I always find a reason or excuse to ponder if the grass would be greener on the other side ..
    I need a serious dose of gratuity I know!
    I believe this motherhood is not something that comes naturally to me at all. In all honesty, I kinda feel like a fake ..
    Last edited by FirstTimeMummy2012; 31-01-2016 at 16:11.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (31-01-2016),KitiK  (01-02-2016),moto  (31-01-2016),smallpotatoes  (01-02-2016),TaylasWorld  (31-01-2016)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not really here either. I used to, I think. I have begun to realise I don't handle Stress and with an almost 3 years old, A husband and a Diable Parent I care for there are alot of Stresses. I have recently decided to Study at Uni and I am thinking this will either help (Have me less bored, Give me something to do everyday, Have the Child in Care more often) Or I will Crash Pretty badly. I have been feeling a bit on edge and worn out at the moment, but I also haven't left the house in a good month for something Fun (only chores really)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently sitting here with Two kids refusing to eat the healthy dinner I just slaved over the stove to make and just got a sippy cup thrown at me.

😒 Does that answer ur Question? Lol.

I've been a sahm for over 5 years now and I find it exhausting. Non stop mess, cleaning, cooking, washing and the same routine over and over.

I love my kids but I dont love being a mum as much as I thought I would.

My 5 year old starts school tomorrow thank flippin goodness, she's driving me batty

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Totally agree that temperament and personality traits of the kiddies impacts on how 'easy' or 'hard' it is.
    I think the ages of your kids makes a difference too. Dd1 as a baby and toddler was quite easy but as a 5 yr old she's hard work.

Dare I say it, I also think ones financial situation makes a difference too. Some can afford have cleaners, dishwashers, more money to eat out so less cooking, gizmos & gadgets to help with everyday running of a household.

Things like having close family members to help with kids etc.... I think many factors come in to play tbh.
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 31-01-2016 at 16:56.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

amcyus  (31-01-2016),binnielici  (31-01-2016),delirium  (31-01-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (31-01-2016),MissMuppet  (01-02-2016),smallpotatoes  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another thing i thought of....

whether u are a sahm or working mum makes a difference too, i personally think it would be easier to work....no constant cleaning during the day, no one messing up the house all day. Im not saying sahm work harder per se, just that they spend more time doing motherly duties and dont get a break from that if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always been a SAHM but my kids have been pretty straight forward, oh yeah they have had tantrums at the most embarrassing times, but I am pretty grateful for the kids I have...I can't comment on parents with children who have disabilities or conditions like autism. I don't know how you do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking about this thread today after a great weekend with my kids (which followed on from awesome school holidays)...and I was thinking how much more enjoyable this whole parenting thing is now they're older. Things like:
    Playing games with them...uno and sequence are so much more fun than Hungry Hippos
    Being able to enjoy the same activities as them eg. Taking all my kids in the water and catching waves with them (all independant, strong swimmers), running races on the shore, all lying fown reading our own books...more fun than standing in knee high water while they 'jump' the waves, and making 15 trips to fill the bucket of water for them to tip over the sandcadtle.
    Looking at your child's room, declaring it 'not your problem,' and having them the cleaning cloths and telling them to tidy it and clean it (and having them be able to do that), is much better than being lumped with it yoursrlf.
    Having kids being able to wait ten minutes for dinner without tantruming over it, being legitimate help in the kitchen when baking, knowing they can get up and get themselves ready, knowing you can say 'I'm going to have a rest, don't disrurb me' and they don't...and being able to engage in real conversations makes parenting much more enjoyable.
    It's still crazy busy and exhausting, but I'm at that point of parenting where I dread being 'empty nesters' and am their friend (as well as their parent), instead of counting down the minutes until bed time each day.
    Hang in there parents of toddlers.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (31-01-2016),CleverClogs  (01-02-2016),Gentoo  (31-01-2016),Gracie's Mum  (31-01-2016),PomPoms  (31-01-2016),smallpotatoes  (01-02-2016),SoThisIsLove  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Are you enjoying this motherhood thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I was thinking about this thread today after a great weekend with my kids (which followed on from awesome school holidays)...and I was thinking how much more enjoyable this whole parenting thing is now they're older. Things like:
    Playing games with them...uno and sequence are so much more fun than Hungry Hippos
    Being able to enjoy the same activities as them eg. Taking all my kids in the water and catching waves with them (all independant, strong swimmers), running races on the shore, all lying fown reading our own books...more fun than standing in knee high water while they 'jump' the waves, and making 15 trips to fill the bucket of water for them to tip over the sandcadtle.
    Looking at your child's room, declaring it 'not your problem,' and having them the cleaning cloths and telling them to tidy it and clean it (and having them be able to do that), is much better than being lumped with it yoursrlf.
    Having kids being able to wait ten minutes for dinner without tantruming over it, being legitimate help in the kitchen when baking, knowing they can get up and get themselves ready, knowing you can say 'I'm going to have a rest, don't disrurb me' and they don't...and being able to engage in real conversations makes parenting much more enjoyable.
    It's still crazy busy and exhausting, but I'm at that point of parenting where I dread being 'empty nesters' and am their friend (as well as their parent), instead of counting down the minutes until bed time each day.
    Hang in there parents of toddlers.
    How old are yours? Did you have the same struggles when they were toddlers? Do they grow out of it or do you have to change the way you parent to help them mature?
    Last edited by A-Squared; 31-01-2016 at 20:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    How old are yours? Did you have the same struggles when they were toddlers? Do they grow out of it or do you have to change the way you parent to help them mature?
    I don't want to see their exact ages, but they are all in school, which I believe is the turning point. Kids mature a lot once they start school. They grow out of it...but you need to help them as well. I had a hard time figuring out how to help my oldest, but found what worked in the end...I am forever telling my kids it is my responsibility to teach them how to become an adult that is decent and productive in this world. It's not my job to have a magical trick that stops them from chucking that tantrum, but it was my job to teach them that they won't get anywhere if they chuck a tantrum. At the end of the day, you can provide them with the tools required to learn how to better handle their emotions (and this of course has to be age appropriate...so when they were pre-schoolers it was a case of 'have your tantrum in your room where I don't have to listen to it, once you're done and ready to listen, come and get me...I didn't care if they went in to their room and played...the idea was to get them to calm down with whatever means they had within themselves, not to force them to sit quietly on one spot for x amount of time and then demand that they be willing to talk to me about it straight after. I know if I'm worked up as an adult, that sometimes it can take me 5 minutes to calm down, sometimes two hours, sometimes it might take me a day or two. I can't expect my child to always be ready when I want them to be).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (31-01-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast