+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd is 21 months and is beautifully rolly at 90cm tall. She is 98th%ile for height and around *correction* 80th%ile for weight so I'm not bothered. Even her ribs are in a funny place to accommodate that pot belly. Like every developmental stage, every child is different.

Eta-check her height and weight on the growth chat in the back of her red book and if you're concerned pop in and see your local mchn.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 30-01-2016 at 12:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Belly but a bit of chub elsewhere. At 2 she was only 25% for height but 90% for weight. Think possibly she is slightly leaner now. But hubbies family are all obese so wondering if hereditary. Also she is constantly hungry or complaining she is hungry. My second little one seems to be a completely different build (has a belly but is lean all over)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    DD1 was huge, rolls upon rolls. About an inch off the charts. She's now 4 and still not close to being on the charts for height or weight. Shes 32kg now and showing no signs of slowing down. Her sister eats the same and is normal sized.
    Oh wow ok mine isn't close to that weight lol. Bet she is gorgeous though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 has always been a Buddha baby. At 18 months she was 27kg and size 4-6. She has always been super active though and can run rings around most kids. She is around 38kg now at 8.5 years. Everyone kept saying she would slim down once she started walking but it didn't happen. Its just how she is and provably always will be. Important thing is she is healthy and very active. People have made lots of comments over the years about how she is overweight and unhealthy- one daycare teacher told me that dd1 had diabetes (because she drank more water than usual one very hot day!) And that her weight was slowing her down. I took her to the Dr, told him was had been said and he just about fell off the chair laughing. The whole time we were in the room she didn't stop moving, he knee what she was like and told me she is perfectly healthy (which she is).

She also has dh's very curved back which makes her belly stick out a lot more, making it look bigger than it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default When did your LO thin out? Lose their belly?

Just to clarify my early post. None of my babies were chubby. DH is very slender and the kids seem to all take after him so if anything they tend to look under fed.

I think the build of the parents has to be taken into account.
    Last edited by Sonja; 30-01-2016 at 14:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Just to clarify my early post. None of my babies were chubby. DH is very slender and the kids seem to all take after him so if anything they tend to look under fed.

I think the build of the parents have to be taken into account.
    When I have raised questions about DD1s rapid growth medical professionals always say it's genes. Which I take to mean them calling me fat 😜.

Only 1 doctor has ever freaked out and that was actually with DD2, who isn't a patch on DD1. I was seeing a pead for sleep issues and saw a different one to usual and she carried on about her size and referred me to a dietician. She was 6m and hadn't mastered solids yet!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I think the build of the parents has to be taken into account.
    Absolutely! We are Maori and Dh is 6ft2in. It's no surprise to us that Dd is bigger than most her age and a little older.