+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds was 10lbs 3oz when he was born and he remained at the top end of the growth charts (height and weight) for the first 18 months or so. He still retained his chubbiness until he was about 3. He is 6 now and very tall and lean, not an ounce of fat on him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds who is 3 has only just started to thin out over the last 2 months or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd wasn't ever really chubby. Ds was a chubby baby but thinned out by 18 m and very skinny and bony now at 4.5
    He is a lot like my dh was so I think it's genetics.
    They both still have roundish tummies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is there a particular reason you are worried about it? Are you concerned about your LO's diet, or activity level?

I've always been of the opinion that as long as kids are eating a fairly "balanced" diet (yes, "sometimes foods" and "healthy foods", as my 5yo tells me), and they are running around like kids do, then things will just pan out naturally. This of course is also heavily influenced by genetics.

I know it's often hard to get young kids to eat well, especially when they are toddlers (my 2yo is much worse than my 5yo in this respect). My LO still drinks alot of cows' milk, so I am happy with that. And she runs around like a maniac, so I am not concerned about her energy levels.

Anyway, I am just curious as to why you are asking. Or maybe you are just pondering?

As an aside, I think the LO "skinny limbs, pot belly" look is so cute!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by J37; 30-01-2016 at 06:28.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Renn  (30-01-2016),Wise Enough  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS has always been lean, even as a baby.

He's almost 5 and when he's in the bath he looks like a frog with his long legs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was such a chubby, roly poly baby & toddler! She started to lean out at about 2, and now at 3.5 she's very tall & adequately proportioned. She has 5yo friends who are constantly eating but so skinny, and 3yo friends who eat less than her but are still cute & squidgy they're all different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 was enormous as a baby, rolls upon rolls upon rolls. So far off the charts for every measurement I was starting to think he was the biggest baby alive. He's 3.5 now and has slimmed down a bit. He's tall but very solid. DS1 is a beanpole and gangly and I can't see DS2 ever being like that. But he's definitely lost the rolls and is just a solid little boy. I fecking adore cuddling him, he's delightful to just squeeze 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 was huge, rolls upon rolls. About an inch off the charts. She's now 4 and still not close to being on the charts for height or weight. Shes 32kg now and showing no signs of slowing down. Her sister eats the same and is normal sized.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DD is 25months and has skinny little arms and legs and a massive pot belly (she drink heaps of milk still) bit chub in the thigh department.. I actually took her to the doc so they could feel and poke her belly to make sure it was normal lol it's normal apparently..

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it just the belly or overall chubbiness?

If overall I would be less concerned than belly as just larger belly may indicate things like celiac - of course there would be other concerns usually if that was the case.

Overall some kids are lankier than others - we all have different body types, metabolism, energy levels.

If you have concerns at all do go speak with your GP a good one will never dismiss a concerned parent.