+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 adults, 3 kids and 1 dog in this household and we average $300-$350 total supermarket spend per week for all groceries (food, toiletries, cleaning products etc). And that's mostly using mince and chicken breast with one more expensive meat cut (or salmon) per week and I try not to buy too much processed food. Don't know how these other households are doing it for so much less!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat13 For This Useful Post:

wilt4  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Average about 220 a week at the moment for 2 adults and 2 kids. One is in nappies at night and the other in nappies full time

I mix where i shop up between coles, woolies and aldi and a bug shop st costco one every 2 months

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

wilt4  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We spend at least $400 a week, and probably more when you factor in quality grape-juice (Summer = decent Prosecco, and Pinot Grigio).
    2 adults and 2 young kids.
    Admittedly I am a total clean-freak, so much is spent on Scot-towel, Ajax wipes (I LOVE Ajax wipes), fabric softener, woolwash, and Fluffy dryer sheets (I love these too!!).
    I only ever buy Huggies nappies and Curash wipes for their little bums.
    Hate Aldi. Love Coles.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (30-01-2016),wilt4  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    120/wk when dh isn't home.

$140-170 when he is.

That is for 1 breastfeeding mum, 1 army man and 2 kids that eat 14 freaking cucumbers and bananas a week.

We cook from scratch, shop mostly from aldi and the Indian shop plus I only buy fruit/veg in season. It also includes nappies and cleaning products.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

wilt4  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    $200 - $350 per week for 2 adults and 3 children, 7,5 and 3 one still in nappies.

We shop either Coles or Woolies with a few things from Aldi. We seem to do a daily shop of things like milk, bread and drinks.

I'm also a clean freak too and go through lot's of tubs of Pine o Clean antibactirial wipes, bleach and kitchen paper which doesn't help.

I'm addicted to Pepsi too so don't often drink tea or coffee which is pretty bad but I've cut down but can't seem to cut out completely, it's quite expensive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

wilt4  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm addicted to Diet Coke, and I don't drink coffee either, so my reasoning is that it's OK.

Diet Coke cans are so varied in price from week to week, it drives me batty. Some weeks it is $27.50 for 24 cans (which I never buy), and the same week it can be $13.50 for 30 cans. And $8 for 10 cans!! Can anyone explain that?

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

zoz  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    About $100-120 a week 2 adults 1 toddler. We shop mostly at Woolworths and a f&v shop.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

wilt4  (27-02-2016)

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cost of a weekly shop

We spend about $600 a month so $150 a week for six people - 2adults and 4kids which includes two tweens entering puberty and eating like it and and 8yo and a 5yo who is gluten and dairy free - all very active. It can be less than that. Never more. This includes all the toiletries, toilet paper, washing powder, cleaning supplies etc.

We buy in bulk, stock up on specials of things we do use regularly, have a deep freezer, meal plan the only things we buy regularly is topping up bread and fresh fruit. Vege is prepped and sorted with meats then frozen for meals. I buy bulk herbs and spices online.

It's taken us a good ten years to get to this point though, when we first got married our budget for shopping was $60 a week and that bought heaps with a new born almost 12 years ago.

ETA words because I hit send accidentally.
    Last edited by TeamAwesome; 30-01-2016 at 07:14.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamAwesome For This Useful Post:

wilt4  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have big variation each week. I'd been keeping things low since pre-Christmas around $120-150 pw but last week was somehow $350!

We set what we thought was a reasonable budget ($180pw) about 18m ago but now that DS (2.5) is eating more (and in daycare less), 8yo DD has started eating almost as much as me and DH back in an active job plus is resuming semi professional sport (his lunches alone are $25+ of groceries! Then there's the protein supplements!!) I think it is time to review the budget as I don't think it is realistic anymore.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

wilt4  (27-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    We're usually between $250-300 and only have one child. We spend around $100 on fresh fruit & veg alone (local fruit & veg shop, cheaper and fresher than Coles), Coles bill is usually about $100-150. We buy meat from butcher and fresh fish from local fisheries. We buy barely anything packaged and make everything from scratch. Our grocery bill does include things like washing powder, cleaning products etc.

I think a large reason for the high expense is because we buy a lot of things in bulk - 1kg bags of nuts, coconut oil, etc and these are usually from the organic shop on special, but we only buy them every few months. It all adds up, but I would never compromise on food.
    you guys sound very much like us. buy as much unprocessed as we can and cook everything from scratch. for us lately, frozen veggies are a bit of a convenience food/luxury as we've been quite busy and find fresh veg isn't lasting in the fridge. we try and buy the frozen stuff on sale though.

we also love to buy in bulk. partly because it works out cheaper but mostly because I hate having to keep buying things like laundry powder, kitchen towel, toilet paper etc. the bulk purchases are usually from Costco though.

our weekly Coles shop (for 2 adults) is usually about $100-$150.

we used to spend a bit on booze (just wine) but since I've been pregnant I'm obviously not drinking and dh has cut down heaps. we used to average 3-4 bottles of wine a week between us so maybe I should keep having more babies 😂

20. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

wilt4  (27-02-2016)