+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default 2016 - My Birthday & Christmas Vow

It has been a long time since I posted but I want to stick to my vow this year.

I want to get a birthday or xmas pressie each fortnight so I don't leave it until the last minute.

I have already bought all of my birthday cards online - wow so cheap $1.15 per card and $2 postage total!

Who's with me????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (28-01-2016)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    that is such a good idea

I have a present box for DD's birthday parties - and I do buy things for her and put them away for her birthday/christmas ... but not for anyone else

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

bpac  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I did it three years ago and was done by August - not only that but if I knew someone was coming to visit I could get them to take everything back with them and saved on postage! I have even got my mothers and Father's Day cards written out along with my birthday cards and all I have to do is put them in the post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really should start this. DH, mine and our 4 girls birthdays + Christmas are all within 8 weeks of each other, I need to be more organised.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

bpac  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I buy things when i see them & think awesome one of my kids would love that.
    Once each kids birthday is over i start their Xmas stash.
    DS's bday is mid march and ive got all but 1 thing i wanted for him already so will start his Xmas stuff after that.

DD1 ive got a few things for her july bday.
    DD2's bday isnt till nov so i find her the hardest to do bday & xmas

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

bpac  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Great idea , I'm going to start one for DS friends - he started school yesterday and already has been invited to a party! There's only 18 other kids in his class so it's looking like he may have at least that many parties this year!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

bpac  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post

I want to get a birthday or xmas pressie each fortnight so I don't leave it until the last minute.

I have already bought all of my birthday cards online - wow so cheap $1.15 per card and $2 postage total!

Who's with me????
    Absolutely brilliant idea!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't do this for my own children (they change their mind on what they like too often), but I do put things away for birthday parties. I have a $15 limit, so when I find things on sale I will buy it and put it away.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    this is a great idea. I would have to write down what was bought and how much and who it was for. or just write on the receipt who for and then keep the receipts handy. my grandchildren are getting older and harder to buy for. I need to look at taking them shopping for some ideas for birthday presents. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post

Who's with me????
    Great idea! Where did you get your cards from?