+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    There are some pretty in empathetic posts in the thread so it's valid.
    Ah, so BR was ONLY posting the quote in response to empathic posts? And not her previous post?
    Thanks for the clarification.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Perhaps step away from the thread if you are feeling frustrated
    And perhaps you could start a separate thread if you want to take cheap pot shots? Stop derailing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Ah, so BR was ONLY posting the quote in response to empathic posts? And not her previous post?
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Didn't meant to thank your post, meant to quote. There's a typo in my post that I'll correct, I meant 'UNempathetic' posts.

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I really dont have time to clean this up ... But hear this

The OP is having an issue. This is NOT a general debate - if you have actual advice or support, offer it. In a supportive and helpful manner.

VP - offering broadbased 'everyone can do it' stuff is great, but it just as often causes substantial feelings of failure and offense to people who have different experiences to you and their child doesnt sleep - even with that amount of effort. So please stop posting it.

All others - VP was not trying to offend, so please try not to take it personally. She was offering her own experiences and advice in good faith ... not trying to say if you didnt have that experience then you are wrong.

Now ... Moving on - lets please try and offer some advice or experience to a mother who is having difficulties.

Any further responses to previous arguments will be deleted.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (29-01-2016),BettyV  (29-01-2016),binnielici  (29-01-2016),DarcyJ  (29-01-2016),gingermillie  (29-01-2016),harvs  (29-01-2016),HollyGolightly81  (29-01-2016),Mamasupial  (29-01-2016),misskittyfantastico  (29-01-2016),Redcorset  (07-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-01-2016),torn13  (31-01-2016),VicPark  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum of 2 munchkins View Post
    My 20 month old has been waking up multiple times in the night for the last year. My oldest starts school next week and I'm worried that he's also getting disturbed sleep. My youngests routine is 6.30pm-bath 7.00 story and milk. We then hold him until he falls asleep (if we put him into the cot awake he will scream until he vomits) he then sleeps until 10pm then screams so myself or husband will pat his back until he settles. He's then awake at midnight, 2am and 3am by which point I usually bring him into our bed to get some sleep! I usually key him cry for 15 mins as I can't stand to leave it longer. Has anyone got any advice other than controlled crying? I'm so desperate for sleep!
    Just re-posting the OP to encourage things to get back on track. Has anyone got any advice to help the OP get more sleep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op I completely get where you're coming from as my almost 19mo is also a frequent waker. I obviously don't have the answers but for me, I try to follow a gently with love approach when making changes. If you aren't keen to cosleep but think there's a chance your Bub is waking because they're in their own, could you consider camping out in their room for a while to see if that reduces waking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs OP. I have two children one was an amazing sleeper from the day he was born. The other - he woke every 45 minutes to an hour 24/7 for almost 18 months. He still wakes 2-3 times a night at 3.

As hard as it is you just have to keep trying until you find something that works for you and your baby. Co-sleeping, baby wearing, CC, or some other form of sleep training. It doesn't matter what others think about how you both get sleep. If it works for you and your baby and everyone is safe and happy as a result that is all that matters.

Hang in there - nothing lasts forever xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (29-01-2016),Redcorset  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ok we've had our fun.

Can we actually get back to the OP? Assuming she ever comes back

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (29-01-2016),VicPark  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum of 2 munchkins View Post
    My 20 month old has been waking up multiple times in the night for the last year. My oldest starts school next week and I'm worried that he's also getting disturbed sleep. My youngests routine is 6.30pm-bath 7.00 story and milk. We then hold him until he falls asleep (if we put him into the cot awake he will scream until he vomits) he then sleeps until 10pm then screams so myself or husband will pat his back until he settles. He's then awake at midnight, 2am and 3am by which point I usually bring him into our bed to get some sleep! I usually key him cry for 15 mins as I can't stand to leave it longer. Has anyone got any advice other than controlled crying? I'm so desperate for sleep!
    DD2 started doing this at 1. I ended up weaning her at 16 months and it really helped her sleeping. I started by offering milk (we were still breastfeeding) earlier in the routine so it wasn't a sleep cue. I would offer before the story to start with, then before bath.

We also rocked/held DD to sleep. Gradually, and VERY slowly, I would put her down when she wasn't quite asleep, and each night I would let her be more awake each time. Eventually I got to be able to put her down in her cot, and then just pat her back. I would do the same thing when she woke through the night, but she woke less as we took the milk away.

Now, at just 2, I can do her routine - dinner, bath, stories, song and put her in her cot. I count back from 10, patting her bum/rubbing her back. I give her lots of indication of what is happening next - so after stories I say 'I will sing one (or 2) twinkle twinkles then you go in your cot'. Then as I finish that I tell her that she is going in her cot and I will count once. Sometimes she asks for another song, or another count, but again I just say 'then I am leaving'. Now she quietly just goes to sleep by herself.

It took a long time but she is happy, settled and provided her sister doesn't wake her up will sleep 12-13 hours each night. We do the same routine (obviously not bath) for daytime sleeps too and she sleeps 3 hours.

It's a really tough thing, and it takes sticking to it. My girls are not kids that will just lie down and go to sleep and neither am I, so how can I expect them to? I need a chance to calm down and our routine works for DD2.

You're doing a great job, and you might have to find your own way to go about things, but this stage won't last forever. It sucks when it's happening though!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moto For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (29-01-2016),VicPark  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    We also rocked/held DD to sleep. Gradually, and VERY slowly, I would put her down when she wasn't quite asleep, and each night I would let her be more awake each time. Eventually I got to be able to put her down in her cot, and then just pat her back. I would do the same thing when she woke through the night, but she woke less as we took the milk away.
    !
    Good work slowly increasing the wake time - this is one of the key parts of encouraging sleeping through.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (29-01-2016)