+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Does bub just want to be held by you? Or anyone as long as there is swaying movement? I.e. bad way of trying to ask if it is smell/touch that settles bub or movement.
    Just me. I've held/carried/cuddled her for the past 12hrs. Minus 1x 5min shower. And now dh has msged to say he won't be home for a bit more.

I'm exhausted. So doing bedtime/dinner myself again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Of course sleep training and trainers can help but I now believe certain methods suit certain children, it's not one size fits all like so many of the books and sleep trainers make you believe.
    This. So this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Just me. I've held/carried/cuddled her for the past 12hrs. Minus 1x 5min shower. And now dh has msged to say he won't be home for a bit more.

Oh honey. I feel some of your pain. But I had DH. And no other kids. This was my DS. But I at least got him to sometimes sleep in the bassinet for 30 mins here and there.

Are any of your family able to fly down at all for a bit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Pretty much all of mine were koala babies. Add to that my youngest was in a hip brace and life was beyond hell.

Hugs. It's hard and horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS never slept longer than 45mins from the day he was born and it never improved despite routines, books and everything else we tried, he broke my husband and I many times over.

DD was a stage one clinger too but only woke once in the night from 12 weeks to 6 months and all hell broke lose.

I called in a sleep consultant who helped us with DD but DS broke her too and eventually by 5yo he slept through the night without coming in to us every night at least two or three times. He had his adenoids and tonsils out at 3 which at least meant we didn't have to sleep in with him as we broke that disaster. We had seen numerous sleep consultants prior to this.

Co sleeping was not an option for us, I am a terrible sleeper and cannot stand my fidgety children in bed with us plus they both snore and are mouth breathers which keeps me awake.

I'm not a bad parent, I didn't fail my children, I did everything I could and it didn't work. It stinks when you have non sleepers and quite honestly until you've lived through the hell of if it you cannot preach what to do based on some stupid book that may work for some and may not work for others.

I'm so thankfully this thread wasn't around when I was going through this with DS, I would have been shattered.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Desperately needing sleep advice!

I don't want to get involved (as I am no expert on sleep) but I just wanted to offer you hugs as I am unable to offer physical help.... I would be there in a heartbeat to help out if I could xxxx

Eta:sorry to derail but I couldn't not say something
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 29-01-2016 at 18:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This popped up in my Facebook newsfeed

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454058573.213578.jpg

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (29-01-2016),binnielici  (29-01-2016),bluehawaii  (29-01-2016),gingermillie  (29-01-2016),torn13  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    This popped up in my Facebook newsfeed

Attachment 77898
    Can I ask what you are posting this in relation to and what it has to do with the OP? Pleas not let the thread degenerate further into personal attacks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Can I ask what you are posting this in relation to and what it has to do with the OP? Pleas not let the thread degenerate further into personal attacks.
    There are some pretty in UNempathetic posts in the thread so it's valid.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 29-01-2016 at 19:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Perhaps step away from the thread if you are feeling frustrated