+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    This is a good idea. Maybe he is just too tired by 7pm atm. Won't hurt to try anyway.
    When is your toddler waking from the day nap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum of 2 munchkins View Post
    Yes 21 months. The bedtime routine is the same, no TV an hour before bedtime, bath, story time and bottle. .
    Try Have bottle after bath. Bub could be using the milk bottle as an aide to sleep which may be unceasing night wakings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum of 2 munchkins View Post
    When being held he's asleep in usually 20 minutes but awake again at 10am, 12am, 2am..,,
    If you want to stop bub waking stop holding to sleep. Put bub in the cot drowsy but awake. Shush/pat if you need to. Never transfer bubs location after bubs is asleep - that's a big cause of night waking.

Give any new routine a few weeks to start making a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Desperately needing sleep advice!

Has he always been a difficult sleeper? Have you had his tonsils and adenoids checked?

Most of my friends who have kids of that age who still wake like that have some sort of medical issue like that.

Oh and I know shush parting seems a load of crock to some as some babies find the patting to stimulating, but try putting him on his tummy, rubbing his back and humming to him instead of shushing and patting. Then slowly make the humming quieter until you're just rubbing his back, then rub his back slower and slower until you just have your hand on his back.

Do this until he falls asleep to begin with, but as time goes on, try and sneak away when he's drowsy. So he knows you're there giving him comfort and calming him, but he also starts to realise he can go to sleep on his own.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 07-02-2016 at 08:02.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (07-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Desperately needing sleep advice!

I personally would start off 'simple.' Adjust his naptimes so you know he's getting enough and adjust bedtime a little earlier to see if it helps. Do what you can to keep going to sleep calm, for nap maybe give him loads of warning, go into his room together for a cuddle and story to wind down before he goes in his cot, do shooshing, patting, rubbing, humming, whatever to keep him calm and get him to sleep. Do this for bedtime as well. I personally don't think his timing of milk is an issue, I think it's more a case that he's more tired than you think he is and that he needs a lot of time to wind down and accept that he's going to bed. My DS was definitely like this for a bit and doing above is what helped me. He's two today (😔) and sleeps 2-3 hours at naptime and 11-12 overnight. He had his bday party yesterday so naptime was messed up and he woke up crying twice, nothing too big, just a shoosh and he lies back down but any type of over tiredness definitely makes him more restless/unsettled. I also try to not do tv at all from about 3.30pm.

You'll work it out eventually ☺️. Definitely follow a-square d's advice about ruling out tonsils, etc.

Eta: and I realize after typing that out that it wasn't really starting off 'simple!' 😂

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Mum of 2 munchkins  (07-02-2016)