+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Two to three children?

We have two beautiful boys and I've recently been feeling strongly that I'd like to try for a third. I'm 35 so feel like it's now or never! My husband is happy with two. Why is the decision to have a third so hard!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For us it wasn't that hard, we just went for it. I'm so glad we did as our third really completes our family. Neither dh or myself were done with two, we are both are now. He is making an appt to get the snip soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    For us it wasn't that hard, we just went for it. I'm so glad we did as our third really completes our family. Neither dh or myself were done with two, we are both are now. He is making an appt to get the snip soon.
    This is basically us. We knew we wanted another, I always wanted 3, after 2 boys DH wanted 1 last try for a girl. We also knew that 3 was it and we have both felt done basically since we found out we were pregnant (DH does umm and ahh about the idea of a 4th if someone could guarantee a girl, but it's more a rambling thought he has, he is terrified of having another and has plans to get the snip).

As for having 3, I'll tell you in a week or so, 39 weeks tomorrow 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the one um'ing and ah'ing.
    I didnt feel done, but DD2 was hard and i wasn't prepared to put a newborn in the mix until now.
    Im also 35 and think im bat5hit crazy for going down this path again.

3DPO so I'll let you know in a week or so where we stand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 2 girls ( 5yo & 20 months) and I'm in two minds about having a 3rd. Some days I'm Clucky others I'm like " No way!!" I'm 35 in April so don't have a lot of time either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always knew that our 2nd wasnt my last baby. Even whilst preg.

As she grew out of things i dutifully packed them away.

And yep 2.5yrs later DS was born. As he grew out of stuff i couldnt wait to give it away.

I do get sad knowing he is our last baby but also know he is the perfect full stop for our family

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is my predicament DH wanted four but then changed to three I am 7/8 dpo ovulation if it happens it happens but I don't want to keep actively trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I always knew that our 2nd wasnt my last baby. Even whilst preg.

As she grew out of things i dutifully packed them away.
    I can relate to this. I was talking about our 3rd child as the second was being pulled out of me by the OB! I have been carefully packing away clothes and baby stuff since he was born. But it's not been easy to get to our 3rd. We miscarried just after DS2 was 2. 😢 I totally didn't see it coming and wasn't prepared after 2 pregnancies only 18 months apart. It set off a chain of events that took my DH and I to a very dark place. We're only just recovering from it now, and it's been 16 months since we lost that baby.

We've been tentatively talking about trying again, but I am scared. I'm 35 and the MC was horrible. I think knowing how challenging it is juggling 2 can make the decision to go back for a third harder. You really do know what hard work and no sleep is like! Though I have been told that the oldest can help look after the young ones when you jump to 3! My SIL is about to have twins and *everyone* asks her oldest if she will be helping her mummy with the babies!

AFM, I feel like I'm not done with 2 children, as much as I love them. I guess that we'll see what 2016 brings.
    Last edited by Happy Camper; 29-01-2016 at 06:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My third is 4mths old. It's pretty easy mostly. I've also got a 5.5yo & 3.5yo. Obviously we have hard days but generally it isn't that difficult.

Go for it! Meanwhile we are in discussion for #4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, we agonised for 4 years about whethet to have a third. Honestly, we wanted to try for a girl. There were alot of deep discussions during those 4 years. We went for it eventually but it took us a long time to take the leap. 3.5 years on, i notice that logistics are tough sometimes as we both work fulltime, but i guess thats all normal family stuff. Sometimes we do activities with the older ones without the little one and vice versa due to the big age gap. I was 37.5 years when i had DD. All the best with your decision.