+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No. And it drives me up the freaking wall. Dh was meant to go to work yesterday and today. Yesterday he worked from home in the morning then asked if I could drop him off at work but by the time he got his @rse into gear, I would have had 15 minutes at home before having to pick dd up from school. Then today he woke up with a sore ankle from an old injury and decided to work from home. Tomorrow I start back at work and the alone time that I have had in 15 days is precisely zero.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I do, and I love it. I spend half the time just bumming around, and the other half doing housework uninterrupted. I get one night and half a day, every second fortnight, plus 1-2 days a week during school hours.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Sorry being nosy here. Why would you have a babysitter if your DH was home?
    I didn't mean a professional babysitter, I meant she's been looked after outside of the home on occasion (stayed at my mum's house for a sleepover) but still I am never alone, even when she's not home, DH and DS (16) are still here with me.
    ETA- DD has just started having sleepovers at my mum's house every second Friday with her cousin who is also 3, but that still doesn't mean I'm home alone. Come to think of it, the only time I've been alone is when DH has taken both kids to the shops with him and that lasts all of maybe 30 minutes...
    He works 6 days a week and his only day off, Sundays, are usually spent chilling together. Don't think he's ever really taken the kids for a day out on his own, we pretty much do everything together.
    I don't even know what I'd do with a day to myself. Never really thought about it! Oh, the possibilities... Sleep....TV....colouring... 😃
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 28-01-2016 at 20:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, 3-4 days a week when DS is at school and I'm not working. Plus DH and DS sometimes go out together without me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No because ds2 is always with me (he is only 11 weeks old). On Thursdays its just us two though as dh is at work, ds1 at school and dd at daycare. I like Thursdays 👌

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yes - and I love it.

I am a far better person (happier and much nicer to be around ) now that I get some regular alone time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Whilst I don't really fancy being home alone, I do get to be home alone sometimes as my husband will take the kids to the park or beach or wherever.

I do get a lot of alone time, just not always in the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I love being home - this year will be my year of the garden (should my health hold)
    I guess it's different being on a farm maybe? And because I was away so much for long periods of time?
    I don't know! I haven't been well and alone for a long time!
    I don't really like venturing out unless I have to but I'm a real homebody.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do, DP is pretty good at taking DS with him on trips to Bunnings or out for a bike ride.
    I work from home too and DS is in childcare a couple of days so that I can actually get my work done without losing my tiny mind.
    Love my home alone time, although I do often end up mopping all our floors because it's just so much easier to do with everyone out of the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rarely, sometimes the ex takes both kids for like 4 hours,
    About once a month