+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Nope, pretty much never unless DH takes DD our while DS naps but that doesn't happen anymore as DD just screams whenever she has to go somewhere without me or I go somewhere without her.

She starts kindy on Monday though so I will get DSs nap times to myself at home but that will likely be spent studying.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Never. I hadn't even thought about it really until now... and I'm a bit stunned myself, actually! I can count on one hand the hours I've had at home alone since having DD in 2012. She's been babysat before but still either DH and DS would have been here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm a bit surprised to be honest by the number of people with 2 kids who never have time alone at home. Doesn't your partners ever take the kids anywhere without you?

When I just had 2 kids DH frequently did stuff with them on weekends that didn't involve me.

Just got me curious.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Never. I hadn't even thought about it really until now... and I'm a bit stunned myself, actually! I can count on one hand the hours I've had at home alone since having DD in 2012. She's been babysat before but still either DH and DS would have been here.
    Sorry being nosy here. Why would you have a babysitter if your DH was home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I'm a bit surprised to be honest by the number of people with 2 kids who never have time alone at home. Doesn't your partners ever take the kids anywhere without you?

When I just had 2 kids DH frequently did stuff with them on weekends that didn't involve me.

Just got me curious.
    You are right. Had way more alone time at home when I had two. Once dd3 can be away from me for 2-3hrs without needing a feed I will get more time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Do you get time at home alone?

DH has only ever taken both kids out of the house by himself twice.

To be fair, DS was breastfed and wouldn't take a bottle until 11.5 months old so I was always there.

If I want time alone, I go out, DH doesn't take the kids out but will be at home with them by himself.

ETA was meant to quote Sonjas last post
    Last edited by A-Squared; 28-01-2016 at 15:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Sometimes. DP might have something on with friends and will take DD. Sometimes DP does the groceries and takes DD. Sometime DP wants some mummy/daughter time and takes DD out for lunch.

Time home alone might be nice, but I prefer home together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be my first year that I will get a constant 2 days a week kid free with DD4 starting preschool and the other 3 at school. Won't last long though as we are moving states in May where there isn't a school based preschool for DD4.
    DH is good though, if I really need a break, he will take them out for an hour or 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Maybe I'm just lucky but DH has the 4 kids alone regularly (once the babies are weaned anyway). With no family around to help its just the way it's always been. If he does though I tend to go out. Not a fan of just being at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not since my DD was born 7 months ago. DH has never taken her anywhere in the car by himself and has only taken her for short walks in the morning on the weekend to give me a bit of extra sleep. She's ebf, not really on the bottle and not 'easy' so 1-2 hours apart is all we can manage. I miss my alone time (I lived by myself for 5 lovely long years in my 20s lol) but it's this weird paradox that I miss her more so I find it hard to be apart from her 😖
    On another note, aside from when she's sleeping DH and I have never had time alone together since she's been born (I.e she's never been babysat).
    I go out maybe once a fortnight without her for 1-2hrs (immediately after a feed and she stays home with DH). Going for a haircut tonight which will be the first time I've gone out in the evening since she's been born.
    She starts childcare next week slowly slowly. I'm having anxiety about it as she's so young but couldn't refuse the place. I have 2 full days but will start with 2 hours twice a week and build up from there. So i guess I might get some alone time eventually through that if I'm not working or studying!