Closed Thread
Page 81 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    laying in bed supposed to be napping as I'm on the night shift tonight in preparation of dh going back to work next week. I'm envious he gets to go to bed at a normal time and sleep through. I hate getting up in the night. I hate having my sleep interrupted. I'm regretting not being more lazy whilst on pre-bub mat leave. I used to feel bad sleeping during the day. wtf was i thinking!?!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Watching Love Actually in bed while DD is snoring beside me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I'm sooooo happy for you! Once my kids had their first sleep through, it took a month or so to do so consistently, and this sounds like the start of your DD doing the same! Yay!
    Thanks @A-Squared 😀 would be amazing if it becomes a regular thing. She's growing up so much the past few weeks she seems like such a big girl it's bittersweet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    laying in bed supposed to be napping as I'm on the night shift tonight in preparation of dh going back to work next week. I'm envious he gets to go to bed at a normal time and sleep through. I hate getting up in the night. I hate having my sleep interrupted. I'm regretting not being more lazy whilst on pre-bub mat leave. I used to feel bad sleeping during the day. wtf was i thinking!?!!
    I had to learn to embrace day napping.

Can I possibly suggest a compromise that might help night time? Can your DH do the 'first' shift i.e. until 10 or 11 pm or something and then yiu can go to bed early and get some rest.

Once it gets easier of course you can change it but I had SO much trouble adjusting with DS. I wish I had asked DH for more help so I could get more rest.

And yes, I was so so so so so so scared and overwhelmed when DH went back to work. But tbh I eventually found it easier not to have another person annoying me lol.

I spent lots of time feeding on the couch watching trashy tv while feeding bub. Then when I got comfortable went out with bub most days to keep sane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post

Can I possibly suggest a compromise that might help night time? Can your DH do the 'first' shift i.e. until 10 or 11 pm or something and then yiu can go to bed early and get some rest.

Once it gets easier of course you can change it but I had SO much trouble adjusting with DS. I wish I had asked DH for more help so I could get more rest.

And yes, I was so so so so so so scared and overwhelmed when DH went back to work. But tbh I eventually found it easier not to have another person annoying me lol.

I spent lots of time feeding on the couch watching trashy tv while feeding bub. Then when I got comfortable went out with bub most days to keep sane.
    This! I'm still terrible at day napping though. I wish I could do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post

i hate napping. I hate setting my alarm and having to get up when it goes off. this is worse than getting up at 6 every day for work. why does nobody tell you this?

we are basically trying the first "shift" tonight. I went up to bed around 8:30pm but spent an hour talking on fb messenger then fell asleep. I wasn't particularly sleepy as I had like 8 hours last night (thanks dh 😳)

like you say, I'm overwhelmed and terrified at the idea of him going back to work but also looking forward to it as I'll be able to (will have to really) find a schedule that works for me. I'm spoiled by having him here and he's letting me sleep heaps so I'm resentful of the interruptions. am hoping once it's just me il be able to find some kind of structure or organized chaos that works for us.

like right now I'm annoyed at him for letting me sleep til almost 11pm as we've not had our dinner even yet. I think I need to get rid of the idea of being able to adhere to normal adult time and just go with whatever. if I'm eating dinner at 1am then so be it etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am tired. Not ground breaking news all things considered but fk me I am tired. I was feeling loopy at the start of the night due to overall lack of sleep, but last night was a total of 3 hours collectively and that hasn't helped. I am going to have to embrace day napping as well. Somehow, in between very frequent breastfeeding DS2 and trying to spend quality time with DS1. And I really must get out for a walk before I seize up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#15

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i hate napping. I hate setting my alarm and having to get up when it goes off. this is worse than getting up at 6 every day for work. why does nobody tell you this?

we are basically trying the first "shift" tonight. I went up to bed around 8:30pm but spent an hour talking on fb messenger then fell asleep. I wasn't particularly sleepy as I had like 8 hours last night (thanks dh 😳)

like you say, I'm overwhelmed and terrified at the idea of him going back to work but also looking forward to it as I'll be able to (will have to really) find a schedule that works for me. I'm spoiled by having him here and he's letting me sleep heaps so I'm resentful of the interruptions. am hoping once it's just me il be able to find some kind of structure or organized chaos that works for us.

like right now I'm annoyed at him for letting me sleep til almost 11pm as we've not had our dinner even yet. I think I need to get rid of the idea of being able to adhere to normal adult time and just go with whatever. if I'm eating dinner at 1am then so be it etc.
    @turquoisecoast you have a great attitude re ignoring adult time- you're now on newborn time life does eventually return to normal so just go with it!
    Everyone finds the thought of their OH going back to work scary but it is nice to kind of get a normal day happening and realising it's not as bad as you'd imagine. You'll get you're own groove and just enjoy those quiet times alone with your little one (most days) and it will make the times when your DH is home extra special. Sounds like you're doing a great job xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    P!ssed at DH who has decided now is a nice time for his friend to visit. We were suppsed to go get DS a present from my mum who is leaving tomorrow. DS now needs a nap. He is fixing his car later so now we cannot go.

E.T.A. His bright idea is going now with an exhausted DS who has not had lunch to a toy shop. You put up with his tantrums buddy. But I'll be left with the fallout this afternoon. As per usual.
    Last edited by twinklify; 13-03-2016 at 12:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am hesitant to wake 9 day old DS2 napping on my lap to change his hideously stinky nappy. How he can sleep with that is beyond me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (13-03-2016)