Closed Thread
Page 74 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1072
  1. #731
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,043
    Thanked
    789
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Unsure about how I'm feeling about my first psychologist session tomorrow. Probably as I have no idea what to expect. What have I got to lose huh!?
    You'll be fine! I felt the same way before my first appointment. The psych I saw was lovely. I saw her twice before I moved. I don't know that I would have continued to see her - while she was lovely, I don't think she would have been terribly beneficial to me clinically speaking. Sometimes it can take a while to find one that you click with. If you don't click after a couple of sessions, go see someone else.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (07-03-2016)

  3. #732
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    390
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked
    239
    Reviews
    0
    Anxious again :/
    Last edited by Nemmi1987; 07-03-2016 at 00:57.

  4. #733
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,036
    Thanks
    3,326
    Thanked
    1,923
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Stressed about my pay. I left work early last week because DS had hurt his foot and I needed to take him to get it checked. Work has refused to pay me because apparently the manager on duty indicated it was an early mark. I only work 2 days a weeks so those few hours have caused a massive dent in my pay.

  5. #734
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,829
    Thanks
    5,048
    Thanked
    4,430
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    You'll be fine! I felt the same way before my first appointment. The psych I saw was lovely. I saw her twice before I moved. I don't know that I would have continued to see her - while she was lovely, I don't think she would have been terribly beneficial to me clinically speaking. Sometimes it can take a while to find one that you click with. If you don't click after a couple of sessions, go see someone else.
    Thanks Hun. It went really well and I really liked her. She has 4 kids (from 15-21 years old) and does lots of work with kids too. So she's helping me with some parenting strategies and working through my feelings as a person and as a mum.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

    harvs  (07-03-2016),Tiny Dancer  (07-03-2016)

  7. #735
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    1,043
    Thanked
    789
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thanks Hun. It went really well and I really liked her. She has 4 kids (from 15-21 years old) and does lots of work with kids too. So she's helping me with some parenting strategies and working through my feelings as a person and as a mum.
    Thanks for letting me know! I was coming to ask you how it went!

  8. #736
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    5,347
    Thanks
    6,069
    Thanked
    2,723
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Ruffling my feathers after a friend from school had her baby this morning. He's so teeny and cute. And he can't talk back yet, always a bonus 😂 Seriously, between stalking the March ladies on here and various people I know who are pregnant, I'm surprised my ovaries haven't burst!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

    BabyG4  (07-03-2016)

  10. #737
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked
    30
    Reviews
    3
    Really torn...bub#2 will be here in 5 weeks...21 month old DS has never been looked after by anyone other than me, DP or his Nanna. Have been looking at sending him to daycare for just a few hours one day a week for his socialisation as well as i guess a break for me and soon to be here bubs. I am nervous about it all though. The cost factor bothers me and i will miss him but i know the break would be nice. I just don't know what to do. I am so bad at commitment too...don't want to sign up then change my mind. Arghhh. He is so perfect at the moment that i feel guilty "sending him to care" but will it be best for him (and us) in the long run? Have i left it too late with only 5 weeks to go???? 😕

  11. #738
    hakuna matata's Avatar
    hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,376
    Thanks
    783
    Thanked
    2,427
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Ruffling my feathers after a friend from school had her baby this morning. He's so teeny and cute. And he can't talk back yet, always a bonus 😂 Seriously, between stalking the March ladies on here and various people I know who are pregnant, I'm surprised my ovaries haven't burst!
    Stop stalking us then 😉😂

  12. #739
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    390
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked
    239
    Reviews
    0
    mega ****ed off, payed 220$ to get the air con fixed in my car, 2 days later it **** itself again, take it out this morning 'oh no, its actually this other issue and I'll need another 850 to fix that' I wouldnt have PUT 220 in if Id have known there wa another 850 needed, its a 900$ car, Im a single mum and 220$ basically thrown away for nothing sucks

  13. #740
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Posts
    3,594
    Thanks
    1,292
    Thanked
    1,105
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    Really torn...bub#2 will be here in 5 weeks...21 month old DS has never been looked after by anyone other than me, DP or his Nanna. Have been looking at sending him to daycare for just a few hours one day a week for his socialisation as well as i guess a break for me and soon to be here bubs. I am nervous about it all though. The cost factor bothers me and i will miss him but i know the break would be nice. I just don't know what to do. I am so bad at commitment too...don't want to sign up then change my mind. Arghhh. He is so perfect at the moment that i feel guilty "sending him to care" but will it be best for him (and us) in the long run? Have i left it too late with only 5 weeks to go???? 😕
    I would probably wait until after bub arrives. There's already a lot of changes that will happen for your DS from no longer being the baby, sharing attention and having another baby in the house. Perhaps wait a few weeks until after #2 arrives and warm DS into it.
    Just another thing, some mornings you may not want to even leave the house after bad nights and to exhausted to take him to childcare (I did this a lot in the early days). It would be a waste of childcare fees until bub is into a nice routine and you are managing some sleep.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

    Its Me  (07-03-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!