Closed Thread
Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Oh absolutely! That's only part of the reason I'm thinking about it...

That's really sweet of you. Actually I am starting to think I am a rather crap teacher. I have the same kids for years in a row and I'm starting to feel more and more like I just haven't taught them anything. They can't even remember stuff from two days ago at the moment!
    Somehow I don't think so, harvs. It's partly your compassion and empathy, partly your common sense and good advice, and partly the way you write about what you do. I think you probably just don't remember where they started. If you've had them for that long, you can kind of forget. Also, kids will always have off days (or periods, more to the point). Some kids are just not going to learn everything in a classroom setting (which is sad and a whole other topic that makes me both upset and angry because everyone should be given the best opportunities to learn). Don't let the haters get you down.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I am never going outside again.
    We have lived in this house for 3 years and it was the first one I have seen in that time. I'm on the VIC/NSW border and it's really dry and hot here at the moment, so I think it was looking for water. Very thankful our dog spotted it first and started growling at it otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it! I absolutely hate them and wouldn't let the kids or dog go outside for the rest of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    so cranky, toddler scribbled all over the white coffee table with texta and its not washing off! its only new

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi1987 View Post
    so cranky, toddler scribbled all over the white coffee table with texta and its not washing off! its only new
    Try using alcohol. My dh gave my 2 year old a pen the other day...why?!??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Starting to think I live in an alternate universe to everyone else around me 😏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you tried those little magic eraser cubes? They are pretty nifty at shifting marks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sitting opposite a middle age couple on the train who have their hands all over each other, kissing intermittently and chewing gum really loudly while talking.

She just made a comment about how erm aroused she is.

Just shoot me now. Train is too crowded to move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I am sitting opposite a middle age couple on the train who have their hands all over each other, kissing intermittently and chewing gum really loudly while talking.

She just made a comment about how erm aroused she is.

Just shoot me now. Train is too crowded to move.
    OMG! That's a revolting situation to be in. I hope you don't have a long trip with them. Yuck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going to sound strange but try spraying it with a little bit of fly spray and then wiping it off..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stolen For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Oh absolutely! That's only part of the reason I'm thinking about it...

That's really sweet of you. Actually I am starting to think I am a rather crap teacher. I have the same kids for years in a row and I'm starting to feel more and more like I just haven't taught them anything. They can't even remember stuff from two days ago at the moment!
    My MIL left her teaching job at a top school in adel and has started temping just to keep cash flow and started tutoring. If I remember correctly you live remote? Maybe that's something you could do? She started a whole business on it and career development etc. she's also done counselling and stuff too though as part of all that personal development stuff u have to do as being a teacher