Closed Thread
Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Completely paranoid about snakes now after reading the posts from @HearMeRoar and @Happymum2. I'll be requesting the lawns be mowed extra short.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Californication  (02-03-2016),Happymum2  (02-03-2016),HearMeRoar  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLadyBugg View Post
    Wow, well done turquoise. Belated congrats on your beautiful little man. Nice to hear in amongst those crazy days you get some normality back 😊 hope you get a chance to put your feet up and have a bit of you time.
    thanks!

dh actually cooked dinner!

had a nice few moments to myself today too. good balance of newborn life and normal reality. felt like some structure was there which was nice as last few days have felt like just playing catch up and chasing our tails.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default I am.....#15

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Completely paranoid about snakes now after reading the posts from @HearMeRoar and @Happymum2. I'll be requesting the lawns be mowed extra short.
    We live in the bush and I'm always paranoid about snakes. Yet to see one, but I know they will be out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    We live in the bush and I'm always paranoid about snakes. Yet to see one, but I know they will be out there.
    We just moved to Bundy. I've been told by several people how prevalent snakes are here because of the sugarcane, and I've already been extra wary.

I hope you never have to see a snake!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Californication  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I will add to the snakes.
    Dd3 had a ankle massage from a large brown snake last weekend. It rubbed her ankle when she sitting on the edge of the patio as went past. Dd2 almost stood on a smaller one the week before it was on the front door step.

The good thing about king brown according to our er doctors is that 80%of bites are dry bites. Thank God.
    Ds3 was bitten next to his boy bits 2 Christmas ago when he sat on a king brown. I never want to go through that ever again.

I am glad I took photos of the bite straight away.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 02-03-2016 at 19:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Dd3 had a ankle massage from a large brown snake last weekend. It rubbed her ankle when she sitting on the edge of the patio as went past. Dd2 almost stood on a smaller one the week before it was on the front door step.

The good thing about king brown according to our er doctors is that 80%of bites are dry bites. Thank God.
    Ds3 was bitten next to his boy bits 2 Christmas ago when he sat on a king brown. I never want to go through that ever again.
    I am never going outside again.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (03-03-2016),Californication  (06-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We live one acreage away from cattle and mango farms and 2 streets from full bush. It is to be expected here. In town they would be rare.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 02-03-2016 at 19:15.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Harvs unless you work for yourself there are going to be politics everywhere unfortunately!
    Oh absolutely! That's only part of the reason I'm thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I left teaching because of the politics. I went into HR. Just happened to fall into it. I'm now trying to figure out what else I *want* to do.

Hugs. It sucks. I bet you're one of the amazing teachers that should stay, too. Whatever you decide, I hope it makes you happy.
    That's really sweet of you. Actually I am starting to think I am a rather crap teacher. I have the same kids for years in a row and I'm starting to feel more and more like I just haven't taught them anything. They can't even remember stuff from two days ago at the moment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post

OMG.... OMG..... I'm freaking out just reading that....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I am sick of work politics and seriously considering a career change. I just can't think of what I could do.
    That's the reason my mum stopped teaching. Even when it's something you are passionate about, the drain of all the surrounding drama wears you down.

Best wishes!