Closed Thread
Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @turquoisecoast I work via vpn whether at home or not and know your pain. But, it's not your fault and I don't think you should have to make that time up. I wouldn't, but then I work under different circumstances.

Don't feel bad they are busy either, they've known about your maternity leave for ages and if they haven't got a back up plan that's their fault!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    @turquoisecoast I work via vpn whether at home or not and know your pain. But, it's not your fault and I don't think you should have to make that time up. I wouldn't, but then I work under different circumstances.

Don't feel bad they are busy either, they've known about your maternity leave for ages and if they haven't got a back up plan that's their fault!
    lol you're harsh! I love it! 😂

I tend to agree with you, hardly my fault their technology is faulty. ok back on now so I guess I'll do as much as I can then call it a day.

definitely not keen to drag things out to next week either, I just want to finish tomorrow and be done. it's a mental thing more than anything. I feel quite distracted still in the work mindset, am looking forward to just focusing on these last few weeks and baby and getting things done etc.

I've not started washing anything would you believe 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dealing with a vomiting 3 year old who doesn't understand the concept of taking it easy and having a quiet day on the lounge!

Why can't I have one of those kids who just stay still when they're sick 😭

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I am contemplating joining a gym but I find everyone else at gyms so damn intimidating! Even when I was a 20-year old skinny mini I used to feel nervous at gyms, now that I'm older and much rounder, it's so much more daunting! But I need to do it for my health so I'm just going to have to force myself to be brave and go!
    I know we are not supposed to advertise, but I would seriously consider joining a curves gym, if you have one nearby. I have become a 'gym junkie' and I would have never thought it would be possible for me to enjoy exercise. I feel very much at home there, only women, and women of all ages and fitness and shapes and sizes. please at least take a look at one. I believe you can have three visits for free?? marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Happy Birthday Little Miss Sunshine! I hope your day picks up from here.... Maybe a surprise present from DH and a nap from the nap gods.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (28-01-2016)

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    happy birthday littlemisssunshine, I hope your day improves, and you do get to enjoy some special moments today. hugs, marie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#15

Well dd2 decided to have a catnap day but I've made the most of dd1 napping- plopping dd2 on the boob and watching 24 hours in emergency

I may complain about my birthday sucking but that show always makes me realise things could be a lot worse

Eta:dd2 decided to have a long nap after I decided to give up and 30 minutes before dd1 woke- she's been snoozing for over 3 hours since I boobed her lol
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 28-01-2016 at 15:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am sad. I'm waiting at the airport to pick up my sister and nephew. I didn't get a chance to eat lunch before I left because I was cleaning all morning and didn't have the time. I get here and most of the food places in the virgin terminal are shut down except for one coffee shop. I guess I'll just have to go hungry. 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    can you just get a muffin or something at the coffee shop? how weird everything is closed on a normal Thursday business day!?

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Sitting here crying. It's my birthday today but it's just another crappy day- no cards or presents (DH paid for aircon to be fixed in my car), I've had at best 2 hours broken sleep (dd2 has been dreadful past 2 nights) and I'll be lucky if my mum who only lives 5 minutes away even sends me a text. I'll just be staying home trying not to cry in front of the kidlets and desperately wanting quiet and sleep.

I guess I am having a party but it's a pity party
    I wish I lived near you! I'd blow off work and bring cake!
    Wishing you a very happy birthday and sending you much love xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post: