Closed Thread
Page 22 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Unable to sleep. Stupid pregnancy insomnia. And a magnificent but very bright lightening show taking place outside my window.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Unable to sleep. Stupid pregnancy insomnia. And a magnificent but very bright lightening show taking place outside my window.
    yup ditto. I'm really annoyed. had a crappy sleep fueled by weird dreams then once I was awake, I started to feel angry again at work contacting me when I'm supposed to be on mat leave.

I have a super busy day today and I'm sure I'll be fine until about 2pm then will crash. might go for a nap if I feel I need it. also need to do birth plan thing for OB appointment tomorrow.

oh and my boss signed an email off yesterday saying "I'll be in touch tomorrow". wtf!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    yup ditto. I'm really annoyed. had a crappy sleep fueled by weird dreams then once I was awake, I started to feel angry again at work contacting me when I'm supposed to be on mat leave.

I have a super busy day today and I'm sure I'll be fine until about 2pm then will crash. might go for a nap if I feel I need it. also need to do birth plan thing for OB appointment tomorrow.

oh and my boss signed an email off yesterday saying "I'll be in touch tomorrow". wtf!?
    Omg. You seriously need to have a word with him! Clearly he doesn't understand the 'leave' component of 'maternity leave'. I assume you're getting your annual leave paid out now? Would he normally contact you on annual leave?!

Crap sleep here, maybe 5 hrs broken sleep. It's so hot here is ridiculous. And I'm now getting pelvic pressure all night and mild period type pains. Gosh I hope this isn't bub coming early. Not ready for at lest another fortnight!! 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've never been contacted on AL before!? yes I'm taking all my AL owing. are you?

I had a huge b.tch about it to my mum last night and she just said be unavailable etc. said he's a man and has no idea etc. I just find it upsetting that I have to point this out to him, I'm having a baby not going on some day spa retreat. I never even got harassed when I went away for my wedding 2 years ago!

I honestly think he thinks I'm just sitting round at home drinking cups of tea. as per usual, men have no idea.

I'm the same as you re random pains. I just can't get comfy in bed and I'm getting pain on my public bone. I'm just feeling tired and sh.tty. went off at dh last night too due to feeling tired and peed off then felt bad after.

I want to enjoy these final few weeks to myself as I'm not going to get any just me time after bub arrives.

getting my hair done today so hopefully I can enjoy that. hey what's happening with your hair? have you booked that appointment in for yourself yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @turquoisecoast I would say something to your boss about reimbursement of rec leave if you are being contacted for work!. There is also provision (from memory, pretty sure, might pay to have a look) for 10 paid "keeping in touch" days in the FWA while on mat leave. Being a 'man' is no good excuse. I say don't check email or answer phones, enjoy this time ☺

Edit: the fact sheet has details
    https://www.fairwork.gov.au/how-we-w...d-entitlements
    Last edited by KitiK; 02-02-2016 at 05:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @turquoise I have hair date Thursday 😊. You're absolutely right you need to enjoy your 'me time' it becomes as precious as gold and rare as hens teeth once you're a mum! And with bub potentially arriving any time from now, you shouldn't have to explain that. Have a kind but firm word today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks ladies.

look I'll just finish that one thing off (even though I'm really under no obligation to do so) then no more.

when I finished up on Friday he said if I wanted to, I could do a day or whatever working from home. I said I was flat out this week but I'd think about it. now that he's been contacting me I'm just totally put off the idea and want to just switch off.

you're right, I shouldn't have to explain any of this but obviously I have to. I do feel bad as he's a small employer running a tiny business but that's not really my problem. I'm paid as an employee, not an hourly contractor. so I shouldn't really be expects to take this on.

if he calls today and requests more of my time I'll just fob him off. if he doesn't get the message after that, I'll have to take a more direct approach.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

TaylasWorld  (13-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    yay for hair date! are you going with that long wavy bob you posted a pic of? that was hot!

I'm thinking of getting rid of my fringe. already. only got it before Xmas. as usual I'm finding it too hard to upkeep and the benefits barely outweigh the costs. esp with a baby coming, not sure I'll have the time or energy to maintain it. might just grow it out I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    yay for hair date! are you going with that long wavy bob you posted a pic of? that was hot!

I'm thinking of getting rid of my fringe. already. only got it before Xmas. as usual I'm finding it too hard to upkeep and the benefits barely outweigh the costs. esp with a baby coming, not sure I'll have the time or energy to maintain it. might just grow it out I think.
    I think so! I'll chat to the stylist and see what she thinks. I'm worried about upkeep too but as long as I can still pull it back into a pony it should be ok. I'll just have to recolour every 6 weeks, I get slack with that but going lighter it isn't as crucial as going darker. Haven't told mum yet 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am freaking out at Rainbow Road's TTC diary, the suspense was killing me!

After reading along with your very first TTC diary, the birth of your DS, last year's TTC and sad losses, I'm so excited for you guys!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (02-02-2016)