Closed Thread
Page 18 of 108 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    lol made me laugh. My DP and I are like that. I am home alone today, house is very quiet. Managed to get some washing on. Has it sunk in that you will be a mum soon?
    I keep feeling blase about it. like oh yeah, soon we'll have this cute little mini us to take care of. I feel too relaxed about it! I think the reality is going to be a shock!!

or maybe I've been ready for a bub for a while and that's why it feels so natural?

I think my first "I'm ready for a baby" pangs started about 3 years ago, age 32. before then, I wasn't really interested at all. I only met dh when I was 29 anyway.

are you ready for number 3!? are your girls excited too? at least they're old enough that they can help too, that would make it a heap easier

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    omg day 1 of mat leave and my boss just called me!? let it go to vm hoping he'd say what it was about but he just asked me to call him back.

umm wtf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I keep feeling blase about it. like oh yeah, soon we'll have this cute little mini us to take care of. I feel too relaxed about it! I think the reality is going to be a shock!!

or maybe I've been ready for a bub for a while and that's why it feels so natural?

I think my first "I'm ready for a baby" pangs started about 3 years ago, age 32. before then, I wasn't really interested at all. I only met dh when I was 29 anyway.

are you ready for number 3!? are your girls excited too? at least they're old enough that they can help too, that would make it a heap easier
    I don't know if I'm ready lol...l think DP and I are still comprehending it haha...DD2 is very excited but she is like a little mother hen, DD1 wishes bubs was another dog haha!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg day 1 of mat leave and my boss just called me!? let it go to vm hoping he'd say what it was about but he just asked me to call him back.

umm wtf.
    Oh for real?? Maybe you are his star employee and he feels lost without you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh for real?? Maybe you are his star employee and he feels lost without you.
    yes probably but seriously? I'm on mat leave, surely whatever it is can wait til someone else is in tomorrow? I don't want to fall into a precedent of him thinking he can keep calling. I'm not "on call", i'm not being paid therefore don't call me.

I'll wait a bit then call him back. I'm not getting straight on the blower as it sends the message that I'm available and have nothing better to do.

he doesn't call the other bloke who's taken off for a few months! why me!?

urgh annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes probably but seriously? I'm on mat leave, surely whatever it is can wait til someone else is in tomorrow? I don't want to fall into a precedent of him thinking he can keep calling. I'm not "on call", i'm not being paid therefore don't call me.

I'll wait a bit then call him back. I'm not getting straight on the blower as it sends the message that I'm available and have nothing better to do.

he doesn't call the other bloke who's taken off for a few months! why me!?

urgh annoying.
    You said he's a bit old school, maybe he thinks he has the right to bother you and leave the other bloke alone...make sure you make yourself heard otherwise he might do it all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe he wants to check up to see if you have had the baby yet lol.

Seriously though. Not cool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You said he's a bit old school, maybe he thinks he has the right to bother you and leave the other bloke alone...make sure you make yourself heard otherwise he might do it all the time.
    I'll wait a couple of hours then call him back later. hopefully whatever it was has managed to get sorted.

i want the mental break from work as much as the physical rest of not going in etc!

it's probably some stupid question like "where's this file saved" or something.

urgh they managed to cope before I started working there, surely life can plod on without me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll wait a couple of hours then call him back later. hopefully whatever it was has managed to get sorted.

i want the mental break from work as much as the physical rest of not going in etc!

it's probably some stupid question like "where's this file saved" or something.

urgh they managed to cope before I started working there, surely life can plod on without me!!!

lol probably is denial and expects that you will be back tomorrow lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (01-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Home alone!!! I'm free, I'm free! Free at last!! *avoids making eye contact with basket of ironing and filthy floors*
    This is me as well! DDs first day of preschool and I just got DS down for a nap. I'm going to ignore my dirty kitchen, bathroom and folding and have some coffee and watch Netflix instead.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (01-02-2016),HearMeRoar  (01-02-2016)