Closed Thread
Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Worried about Mum's kitty cat. He has a huge swollen mass on his flank. It's not bothering him at all although I haven't pressed down on it. Mum is still sleeping (she's an insomniac so no way am I waking her) and I don't know what to do. I can't take him to the vet as I am flat broke.
    Does it feel soft or firm? Does it go away if you push on it? Can you feel any scabs? Is he an indoor or outdoor cat? Does it seem to hurt him?

I'm a vet - not just some random nosy-Parker.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Yeah I think I probably need to. I'm not great socially, not quite the social butterfly lol but I do have to try and put myself out there more.
    I can be the same way so I get you. being direct would feel weird to me too, when it comes to pushing myself forward to be included in social things anyway.

you've got nothing to lose though. they might've genuinely thought you weren't keen or were too busy. put it out there and see what happens x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    I am sick of being made to feel like I'm a weirdo because I don't want to send DD or a newborn baby for sleepovers at Nanna's. Just because my SIL's were happy for their kids to have sleepovers from 2 weeks old does it make me a freak that I don't want that??!
    My MIL thinks DS will sleep over when my DD is born in April.

My insides are screaming hell no. He will be 3. But he will be home in his own bed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Just*Ace  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am sick of being made to feel like I'm a weirdo because I don't want to send DD or a newborn baby for sleepovers at Nanna's. Just because my SIL's were happy for their kids to have sleepovers from 2 weeks old does it make me a freak that I don't want that??!
    So incredibly happy to read this, this is completely me. My kids see loads of their grandies and we encourage the relationship but there is no way I am happy for them to sleep over - for a multitude of reasons. This makes me a ridiculous and paranoid mother apparently 😒

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

Just*Ace  (30-01-2016),wobbleyhorse  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    newborns belong with mum and dad, esp overnight. do not feel weird. you are listening to your gut parenting instinct and are doing the right thing by your babies. don't let anyone make you feel less than because of it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (30-01-2016),Just*Ace  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    newborns belong with mum and dad, esp overnight. do not feel weird. you are listening to your gut parenting instinct and are doing the right thing by your babies. don't let anyone make you feel less than because of it.
    Each to their own. Do what's right for you. We left DS with grandparents overnight at 5 weeks old. He was happy, everyone was happy and I am not less of a person for doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    So incredibly happy to read this, this is completely me. My kids see loads of their grandies and we encourage the relationship but there is no way I am happy for them to sleep over - for a multitude of reasons. This makes me a ridiculous and paranoid mother apparently 😒
    DD is 5 so I think it's more that I don't let her have sleepovers but I was told that when I have a newborn it will need to have sleepovers so I can rest....ummmm no it won't. If there wasn't drug use at her place then I might have allowed it but I'm not comfortable letting my kids be around when weed is being smoked. Silly overprotective me!
    Hugs to all of us made to feel like this!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Each to their own. Do what's right for you. We left DS with grandparents overnight at 5 weeks old. He was happy, everyone was happy and I am not less of a person for doing it.
    no of course not. that was never my intention to imply that. I'm just saying if you feel a certain way, then you shouldn't be made to feel weird or paranoid for feeling that way. nobody has the right to try and dictate a parents relationship with their child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DD is 5 so I think it's more that I don't let her have sleepovers but I was told that when I have a newborn it will need to have sleepovers so I can rest....ummmm no it won't. If there wasn't drug use at her place then I might have allowed it but I'm not comfortable letting my kids be around when weed is being smoked. Silly overprotective me!
    Hugs to all of us made to feel like this!
    omg totally! if they don't get that then the issue is totally their own! stand firm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am still disgusted by a conversation I overheard last night. We were out for dinner with the kids and these 3 blokes come in. Start talking loudly, dropping f-bombs every sentence. One of them mentions kids, one says he has twins, and "it was easy. Bang, bang and you're done". Keeps going on about how easy having kids is. Then says he's not with the mother and doesn't see them often with all his travel and surfing.

I wanted to slap him. I'm sure the Mum thinks having twins with a deadbeat dad is super easy. Though from the impression I got of him, she's better off without the jerk. They all needed a lesson in common courtesy. Their loud conversation completely dominated the room. Wish I had of said something. I wanted to ask them to mind their language at least, or you know, talk at a lower volume so everyone didn't have to hear them. Jerks.