Closed Thread
Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am enjoying a precious 40min time to myself. Dd is at a dance lesson and dh has taken ds out to play soccer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    We call the crusts the "bread butts". If I don't stop him, DH will eat both end crusts… and then the crust off the sides of the loaf… and then the top and bottom, so I just find a brick of white squishy dough left over!
    So yes, the crust are quite popular here too :P
    dh will generally eat ours too. I do agree they make good toast but more often than not, I just end up throwing them away.

if I'm feeling particularly industrious or there's an immediate need for it, I'll use the end portions (that's what we call them here lol) to make homemade croutons or breadcrumbs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    I am dying of embarrassment as DS2 attempted to push a lifegaurd in the pool. Got her right in the knee pits
    😂😂😂

4. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (30-01-2016)

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    Considering doing a course through Open Universities, but I've got no idea which one to choose that will give me the greatest chance of successfully earning a degree.

I think Open Universities is a better option for me at the moment than going on campus for something, with DD still so young as well as my work, plus DH is going on campus to start a Bachelor of Languages this year so I want to be home for DD as much as possible if I'm not working.
    I finished my Arts degree in sociology and criminology off campus through Deakin University. They were amazing. I enrolled direct with Deakin. They were supportive, helpful and the course materials were great.
    I highly recommend them!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Worried about Mum's kitty cat. He has a huge swollen mass on his flank. It's not bothering him at all although I haven't pressed down on it. Mum is still sleeping (she's an insomniac so no way am I waking her) and I don't know what to do. I can't take him to the vet as I am flat broke.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling a little down. Just bumped into a mum from DS's playgroup last. Year it quickly became apparent that the other mums have been catching up over the holidays 😞 a couple of them have my mobile or email but I wasn't included.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Feeling a little down. Just bumped into a mum from DS's playgroup last. Year it quickly became apparent that the other mums have been catching up over the holidays 😞 a couple of them have my mobile or email but I wasn't included.
    that's crappy!

could you try a more direct approach next time and just say something like oh that sounds lovely, i'd love to come along to the next catch up if that's ok.

maybe they thought you weren't keen?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    that's crappy!

could you try a more direct approach next time and just say something like oh that sounds lovely, i'd love to come along to the next catch up if that's ok.

maybe they thought you weren't keen?
    Yeah I think I probably need to. I'm not great socially, not quite the social butterfly lol but I do have to try and put myself out there more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sick of being made to feel like I'm a weirdo because I don't want to send DD or a newborn baby for sleepovers at Nanna's. Just because my SIL's were happy for their kids to have sleepovers from 2 weeks old does it make me a freak that I don't want that??!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (30-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    listening to people talk about what they would like to do when they live in my house I hate renting
    Last edited by Nemmi1987; 30-01-2016 at 10:23.