+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    What would be more beneficial - a class for 45-1hr or a 1.5hr class? Would you also (for the kids) take them to one with one awful review because its closer and cheaper or another one that has 5 star reviews and is a bit further by say 15 mins? (Cheaper one has shorter class, more expensive one with 5 star reviews has the longer class).
    Hey Sweets, my DD does a gymnastics class that goes for 1.5 hrs and even then she feels like it's not enough, so I would imagine 45 mins may seem a bit rushed if it were a substantial sized class.
    Parents are also not obliged to stay, so I use it as a time to grab a coffee or get some groceries without kids in tow!

It's hard to say with your two options, although reviews can be helpful, you really only know when you experience it yourself, especially if there's only one or two reviews etc. Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd1 did gymnastics last year. She started off doing 1x 1 hour lesson every Saturday morning. I thought she would be exhausted by the end but nope. Then they moved her up a level which meant she went from a 1 hour lesson to a 2 hour lesson. She actually enjoyed the 2 hour lesson much more and was even asking if she could do an additional 2 hour lesson during the week! Personally I would probably go with the longer class.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd go to the better one but if that is just based off the review you mentioned then you might just have to go and check them out. It really depends on what you want for your kids. If it purely rec then then the cheaper one will be ok - if you think they might go somewhere with it then the other one sounds better but you need to look at their competition results and how their club goes at local comps. My DD who is 7 started gym last term in a rec class at one hour per week. They flagged her for the pre-team levels and now it is 5 hour a week pre-team class which is very different and a lot harder. Session are 1.5 hrs x 2 and 2hrs x 2. She just started and loves it but she is tired at the end of it.