+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Fainting

I never fainted in my first pregnancy so this is new to me. I'm 10 weeks and just passed out at work (I will see a doc but at the moment I can't get to one).

Who has had this and what caused it? I had breakfast this morning, plenty of water (and a few mouthfuls of power aid), some apple and a few starburst lollies. It's a nice cool day today so it's not the heat.

I'm hoping it won't continue as I need to keep working. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Blood pressure? Suger levels maybe? Hope u didnt get hurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I laid down before I fell down luckily. I work in childcare and went outside to go to the office and laid down half way as I wasn't going to make it. I'm not sure that it's blood sugar as I've been eating and had lollies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you had you iron levels checked recently? Could be low iron?

Did you get up too quickly?

Are you otherwise feeling well? Don't have a cold etc?

Might be wise to get you blood pressure check too (chemist can do this) especially if you can't get in to see a doctor today.

Not a nice feeling at all. Hope it's just a once off. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    My blood pressure plummeted in all of my pregnancies around the 18/20 week mark. I had to urgently sit down a number of times but managed to avoid fainting. The doctor told me that this was common for blood pressure to drop at the 18 week mark.

I would definitely go to a doctor and get it checked out.

I hop you are okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I don't know if they checked my iron when I had my bloods done. I was sitting down when I started to feel dizzy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I haven't been unwell or anything. My daughter has had a snotty nose (clear now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I don't know if they checked my iron when I had my bloods done. I was sitting down when I started to feel dizzy.
    I would definitely go get you blood pressure checked. My DH faints and it's always caused by low blood pressure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bloods have been low and caused me to be dizzy and mentally out of it.
    DP is type 1 diabetic so I've been able to test my blood sugar levels regularly.

When I'm feeling like this I'm always below 4. A hand full of jelly beans or a glass of oj helps X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Can anything be done about low blood pressure?