+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Got dd1 starting grade 3 tommorow & dd2 starting prep Thursday!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our eldest starts school Monday. Can't believe it. Do people wash new uniforms before they wear them? That will mean I'll need to iron them too. That's way too much work 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-biscotti View Post
    I thought we were ready but miss 8 appears to have lost one brand new shoe and her school hat

I am upending the house as we speak
    Farout she can't even wait till she gets to school to loose them? 😣

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Attachment 77823i made a very rough last minute routine wall for DS to follow. Oh I hope he likes school...
    You are very brave getting dressed first. My kids eat breakfast and brush teeth before getting dressed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    You are very brave getting dressed first. My kids eat breakfast and brush teeth before getting dressed!
    It backfired lol. He just woke me up at 5:15 completely dressed and asking for his hat. We talked him back into his pjs. Poor thing was so excited!
    DS takes so long to eat breakfast that I think he should get dressed first. DH disagrees lol.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (27-01-2016),SoThisIsLove  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I was going to say the same thing!! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It backfired lol. He just woke me up at 5:15 completely dressed and asking for his hat. We talked him back into his pjs. Poor thing was so excited!
    DS takes so long to eat breakfast that I think he should get dressed first. DH disagrees lol.
    😂😂😂 but so cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw bless his little cotton school socks. Hope he has an awesome day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who ready?

Who's not?

What do you have to do?
    I thought I was ready. Bought the uniform, the bag, the lunchbox.
    Held off on the booklist though. For some reason, I was apprehensive. So I thought I'd just wait until term started.

Sure enough, during a teacher meeting on Monday I discovered to my horror that the special education class I thought my child was starting in is actually a main****** prep class.

The classroom is large and bordered on one side by full length windows. Against those windows they've set up a small tent. Apparently, this is for my son to crawl into when "things get too much".

Which means he'll probably be in there all day as even I found all the clutter and eye level netting too much.

Then the teacher I'm talking to casually mentions that she's not his class teacher just his special ed teacher...for 45 minutes a day. Where's his class teacher? Oh, off somewhere...

My little boy won't be able to cope. His 4 year old senses will just implode with all the visual activity alone. And I'm no longer ready. I cannot fathom how I totally missed this. I sat down with the special ed team prior to enrolment, we went through everything, they went through his reports, there was no mention at all of a main****** class....

I feel I have failed. Utterly. We moved all this way so we could get the services he needed and it's just all fallen over somehow.

No fear of me crying on the first day.
    I've been at it since 4am.

What do I have to do?

No flippin' idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    I thought I was ready. Bought the uniform, the bag, the lunchbox.
    Held off on the booklist though. For some reason, I was apprehensive. So I thought I'd just wait until term started.

Sure enough, during a teacher meeting on Monday I discovered to my horror that the special education class I thought my child was starting in is actually a main****** prep class.

The classroom is large and bordered on one side by full length windows. Against those windows they've set up a small tent. Apparently, this is for my son to crawl into when "things get too much".

Which means he'll probably be in there all day as even I found all the clutter and eye level netting too much.

Then the teacher I'm talking to casually mentions that she's not his class teacher just his special ed teacher...for 45 minutes a day. Where's his class teacher? Oh, off somewhere...

My little boy won't be able to cope. His 4 year old senses will just implode with all the visual activity alone. And I'm no longer ready. I cannot fathom how I totally missed this. I sat down with the special ed team prior to enrolment, we went through everything, they went through his reports, there was no mention at all of a main****** class....

I feel I have failed. Utterly. We moved all this way so we could get the services he needed and it's just all fallen over somehow.

No fear of me crying on the first day.
    I've been at it since 4am.

What do I have to do?

No flippin' idea.
    Oh man I really feel for you, that is completely sh!tty especially if you had gone through everything and they've managed to go against everything.

I can understand a tent just doesn't cut it..

My DS who has SN starts pre school next month and I am pooping myself. He is non verbal and very delayed and won't even let me or DH out of his sight let alone away from us, I'm so very nervous so I understand how you must be feeling.

I hope it goes ok and gets sorted very quickly for you.

You have not failed love, they have however until they sort it out properly.

Sorry keep editing, (just really feel for you) Maybe you can sit in for a while and do a sort of transition, or he can build up on hours? Surely being a special needs child this is acceptable especially with the stuff up...? Good luck I hope it goes smoothly...
    Last edited by zoz; 27-01-2016 at 07:54.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (27-01-2016)