+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    It would be expensive but you could go up a size in top sheets and blankets.

eg put king size on a queen. Would leave you with plenty of tuck.
    I've always gone a size up with the doona - use a queen size on my double bed. Use the right size sheets though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you or hubby move a lot in bed? Maybe that is the problem...? Maybe the bed is on an angle?
    I've really never heard of this before and I'm very curious of the cause now.. 😆

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BitsHead View Post
    Do you or hubby move a lot in bed? Maybe that is the problem...? Maybe the bed is on an angle?
    I've really never heard of this before and I'm very curious of the cause now..
    I do move a lot, I'm a terrible sleeper and toss and turn so I'm guessing its me knocking the blankets off the bottom from moving so much. Bed definitely not on an angle.

We have the right size sheets but having just gone to a king bed only have king blankets as it's hard to find super king, not to mention pricey.

Blanket box is just a box that goes at the end of the bed to put blankets in, you can sit on it to do your shoes up etc - hotels have them for bags at the end of beds - a lot of people have them as it stops the sheets/blankets going off the end of the bed similar to a bed end.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

BitsHead  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe ditch the sheets and multiple blankets and just have a doona. I no longer use a top sheet as I also move about a lot and it just got tangled, ended up on the floor, stuck at my feet - you name it. With just a doona I haven't had any issues. And the bed is super quick to make 😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Maybe ditch the sheets and multiple blankets and just have a doona. I no longer use a top sheet as I also move about a lot and it just got tangled, ended up on the floor, stuck at my feet - you name it. With just a doona I haven't had any issues. And the bed is super quick to make 😜
    In winter that's a great idea, DH has a thing about having a top sheet but I hate it so will work on that cause this dropping off the end of the bed business drives me nuts, I'm searching for blankets in the night!

What do you use in summer though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    In winter that's a great idea, DH has a thing about having a top sheet but I hate it so will work on that cause this dropping off the end of the bed business drives me nuts, I'm searching for blankets in the night!

I use a top sheet and a lightweight summer doona.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post

I'm in SEQLD so it's pretty hot in summer and just use the doona cover with no doona in it.

It would drive me nuts too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about having a folded up 'heavier' blanket/doona at the bottom of the bed. As on folded and tucked in at the end if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you tucking the blankets and sheets in together or separate? Try tucking in the sheet, then the blanket individually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We just bought a base and mattress, literally only just on Sunday so we've only had three nights with it. So far so good with the blankets. Our old bed was a double size but we used a queen size doona. That didn't go so well because the extra width in the bed meant we kept stealing the doona off each other and migrating back to our side of the bed with it. Luckily I had a QS woollen blanket and quilt so I swapped it. So we have a flat sheet, blanket and quilt. They stay well tucked in apart from the top near our pillows and the quilt only moves a smidge over the end, and we do toss and turn a little overnight.