+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Exercise, tidy house, clean kitchen sink, 2-3 60min alone sessions a week, church and compulsive eating.
    I agree about the house. My house has never been cleaner. Before we moved, my house was an unorganised, cluttered disaster & since I've culled everything & put routines into place the whole family are much happier!
    I really need to take some time out for myself. I never do. And when I do, I need to stop feeling guilty about it. I've started getting up early & going for a 3.5km walk before my hubby goes to work & it definitely helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What made you less irritable & cranky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shells85 View Post
    I have Hashimotos also. My anxiety & all this started just before I got diagnosed. Got diagnosed when my youngest was 4 months old back at the end of 2013. I haven't had my blood work checked in a while, due to my endocrinologist going on maternity leave & never coming back. Might have to book in visit to my GP to discuss latest results.
    I have been trying to eat Gluten Free. I'm not Celiac but have a gluten intolerance & I do notice the difference when I do eat gluten. Did you find it really hard to convert at 1st?
    I'm about to start studying, hopefully soon when I decide which area I want to study. I'm so torn πŸ€”
    Thank you for your post & tips. Hashi's isn't very common, no one I know has it so it's hard to talk to my family about something they know nothing about.
    I highly recommend you have your TSH, T3 and T4 tested. Do you know what your antibodies readings were? It's very common for Hashi patients to develop hypo or hyperthyroidism. Coeliac disease is also closely related to Hashi's so the gluten intolerance makes sense. I was having rather severe reactions to gluten last year so going off the gluten was a no brainer for me. I instantly felt better and coupled with the sugar free, I was able to give my body the break it needed to repair itself. I took a really high dose of an 8 strand probiotic (and still do) and gluten no longer effects my gut BUT it absolutely effects my mood. I get cranky and irritable and my blood sugars spike like crazy. Do I find it hard to do gluten free now? Absolutely! It's a daily struggle. I'm not going to lie. If we go out, I have a slice of garlic bread and once in a blue moon I'll order a pasta dish but for the most part, I eat clean, live food.
    As for study, what interests you?
    I pretty much self diagnosed all my ailments through researching and then pushed for testing which all came up positive for what I suspected. I've since discovered that I have a lot of knowledge to share in terms of medical science and I don't want the last 2 years of my crappy health to be for nothing. If I can help people cut to the chase in their health issues, then that makes it worthwhile. I chose an advanced diploma in naturopathy and although it's so ridiculously hard, I'm so excited that in 3 years time, I'll be a medical practitioner 😊
    Are you on Facebook?
    Visit the Hashimoto's Australia fb page. Loads of info there. Or feel free to pm me x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I highly recommend you have your TSH, T3 and T4 tested. Do you know what your antibodies readings were? It's very common for Hashi patients to develop hypo or hyperthyroidism. Coeliac disease is also closely related to Hashi's so the gluten intolerance makes sense. I was having rather severe reactions to gluten last year so going off the gluten was a no brainer for me. I instantly felt better and coupled with the sugar free, I was able to give my body the break it needed to repair itself. I took a really high dose of an 8 strand probiotic (and still do) and gluten no longer effects my gut BUT it absolutely effects my mood. I get cranky and irritable and my blood sugars spike like crazy. Do I find it hard to do gluten free now? Absolutely! It's a daily struggle. I'm not going to lie. If we go out, I have a slice of garlic bread and once in a blue moon I'll order a pasta dish but for the most part, I eat clean, live food.
    As for study, what interests you?
    I pretty much self diagnosed all my ailments through researching and then pushed for testing which all came up positive for what I suspected. I've since discovered that I have a lot of knowledge to share in terms of medical science and I don't want the last 2 years of my crappy health to be for nothing. If I can help people cut to the chase in their health issues, then that makes it worthwhile. I chose an advanced diploma in naturopathy and although it's so ridiculously hard, I'm so excited that in 3 years time, I'll be a medical practitioner 😊
    Are you on Facebook?
    Visit the Hashimoto's Australia fb page. Loads of info there. Or feel free to pm me x
    I had all my thyroid level blood work on 31/12, never heard anything from my GP so I assumed they were normal, otherwise she normally calls.
    Not 100% but I think my antibody reading was on the low side. 98 rings a bell. I have hypo with my Hashi's. Sometimes I wish I was the other way.
    Good to hear that gluten no longer effects you. I find that I get tired & very lethargic after eating it. I find it so hard to come up with ideas for breakfast though especially since I was a toast & cuppa every morning girl
    With regards to study I know I want to do something in community services. Either in Early Childhood, Youth Work or Drug & Alcohol. I can't decide.
    Good on you for picking something you are passionate about & interests you. Sounds like a great course. And the reward at the end will be worth all the hard work.
    I don't have FB, hubby does though so I might stalk that page out on his account. Thanks again for all the info & tips x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For me it's exercise, yoga and healthy eating. If I go a few days without I get cranky, irritable and feel yuck.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me  (27-01-2016),Shells85  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilac07 View Post
    Following too because thia is me! I do a gym class twice a week but need to do more exercise.
    Can you take the Ultra muscleze while TTC?
    We were going to start ttc at the time i started it and the naturopath knew that didn't say anything different she Also recommended the black mores ttc multivitamin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use aromatherapy a fair bit.

I find a tidy uncluttered environment with lots of natural light has a big impact on my food.

I aim for 2-3L of water a day - stops me waking up feeling irritable and fatigued from dehydration.

I aim to eat relatively healthy and somewhat clean.

I've cut out alcohol except for special occasions.

I exercise 6-7 times a week.

I have a routine for going to bed - room at cooled to 23 degrees, a relaxation blend in my oil diffuser, only my bedside light turned on. Relaxing shower in a dimmed bathroom, I use various scented products that make me feel nice. I stay in the shower until I feel calm and relaxed. I avoid technology after getting out of my shower - alarms and everything get set before hand. Moisturize up and into bed.

Sleep varies as I do shift work - but for a normal day, I aim to be in bed by 10:30pm to wake up around 7/7:30am and will go to bed earlier if needing to get up at 5/5:30 for work/exercise.

If you can't think of an external causes for your lethargy, it could be worth having a chat to your GP and making sure your not iron deficient or there's nothing else going on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

Shells85  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to follow along for some ideas, I too often wake up sloth like πŸ˜‚ although I know it's due to my thyroid and ibs.

I find that while I was taking regular walks and getting up before the kids to do some yoga, (someone here on the hub recommended : YouTube- search for 30days of yoga with Adrienne, it really makes you feel great)
    But since the holidays I just can't get back into it and my diet has been terrible so it hasn't helped.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Shells85  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shells85 View Post
    I haven't tried Yoga but I've always wanted to. As for meditation I've just started listening to a podcast called "The Mindful Kind" & I drifted off to sleep listening to it so I'll continue to listen & practice. If I had a pool I would love to swim.
    I have started walking. And I find that does help my mood. I do need to do it more regularly though & hopefully it will make the difference.
    That's great that your tapping into some mindfulness. The benefit of exercise, especially yoga is that it gets rid of all that pent up aggression and excess energy that's just fizzing round your body. When I'm really angry I go for a run with headphones in and it mentally and physically resets me. Before my dog passed away a good walk every day after work did the same thing. Yoga was originally done to get the body ready for meditation as it relaxes the muscles.

I don't have a pool either ( wish I did! ) but I go to my local pool and also make use of the crèche they have there. Do you have a local public pool?

Do you also get much time for yourself? I don't think it really matters what you do but time for oneself is vital. To read, bake, exercise or whatever. Having kids ( sorry, not sure if you have any? ) on top of work and life can mean less time for yourself. It's so important to be have time to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    I use aromatherapy a fair bit.

I find a tidy uncluttered environment with lots of natural light has a big impact on my food.

I aim for 2-3L of water a day - stops me waking up feeling irritable and fatigued from dehydration.

I aim to eat relatively healthy and somewhat clean.

I've cut out alcohol except for special occasions.

I exercise 6-7 times a week.

I have a routine for going to bed - room at cooled to 23 degrees, a relaxation blend in my oil diffuser, only my bedside light turned on. Relaxing shower in a dimmed bathroom, I use various scented products that make me feel nice. I stay in the shower until I feel calm and relaxed. I avoid technology after getting out of my shower - alarms and everything get set before hand. Moisturize up and into bed.

Sleep varies as I do shift work - but for a normal day, I aim to be in bed by 10:30pm to wake up around 7/7:30am and will go to bed earlier if needing to get up at 5/5:30 for work/exercise.

If you can't think of an external causes for your lethargy, it could be worth having a chat to your GP and making sure your not iron deficient or there's nothing else going on.
    Wow allicat89 that routine sounds amazing. Just reading it makes me feel relaxed lol.
    I also like aromatherapy, but don't use it enough. Another thing I can try add on to my list.
    I really can't thank you all enough for your tips & suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post
    I'm going to follow along for some ideas, I too often wake up sloth like πŸ˜‚ although I know it's due to my thyroid and ibs.

I find that while I was taking regular walks and getting up before the kids to do some yoga, (someone here on the hub recommended : YouTube- search for 30days of yoga with Adrienne, it really makes you feel great)
    But since the holidays I just can't get back into it and my diet has been terrible so it hasn't helped.
    I envy those people who can wake up full of happiness & sunshine, don't you? Lol.
    I really think my thyroid is out of whack or I need to take a higher dose of thyroxine. Are you hypo or hyper?
    Is that Yoga program you recommended for beginners? As I have never done it before.
    I agree with the holidays ruining good routines & eating. Tomorrow my kids go back to school so I'll try kick off my 5:55am wake ups & go for a walk. It's gonna be tough lol