+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Masada when dd was 6 months old. Best thing I ever did! My advice is if it has crossed your mind then you should go. They are so supportive and offer services to help both mother and baby. There were a few mothers there with mental health issues and they were seen by psychologists, psychiatrists or counsellors as required. Even just having a bit of a 'break' and some time to yourself can help enormously.
    I read that you don't have private health so Masada may be an expensive option. I know there are some public sleep schools out there but I don't know anything about them sorry. I wish you luck. It's tough enough not having depression and anxiety while missing out on sleep so I just want to say well done. You're doing a great job x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaceyGracie For This Useful Post:

NeitherHereNorThere  (28-01-2016),TheGooch  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I kinda wish I had gone there as 2 years on we still aren't great. I wonder if I had gone if I could have nipped it in the bud. She's too aware now (translation: I'm already broken and she wears the pants)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your advice. I will be seeing my doc today and will definitely speak about it. Thing is, we have good days (like yesterday) and i forget all about it, but then BANG a bad day, and we are back to struggling all over again. Although even with this good day, a stay at the MBU is still on the back of my mind. Im a bit anxious to take this step, but you guys are helping me greatly to feel abit more relaxed about it. So thank you once again.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    OP how did you go with your GP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    OP how did you go with your GP?
    Hi.
    Thanks for asking.

He is making a referral for me. We left it that someone will be in touch with me.
    Not sure how i feel about this. Bit nervous and a bit hopeful, but mostly anxious.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NeitherHereNorThere For This Useful Post:

LaceyGracie  (29-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have nothing to lose and everything to gain

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

NeitherHereNorThere  (28-01-2016),TheGooch  (28-01-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know it can feel daunting but take a chance.
    O'Connell wasn't life changing but it started things that did change our lives, increase my confidence with DS, gave DH some support and actually it was really nice to be taken care of for a few days with meals prepared and people to talk to who supported us.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

NeitherHereNorThere  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to mbu after dd2 ws born due to sudden new and severe onset of ocd. I went to the one at Monash. There is also one at the Austin. Mbu uni is basically an inpatient psych ward for mums and bubs. Sleep schools generally work on mother crafting sleeping and support etc. I would recommend it. I didn't want to go as I live in the country but it got me out of the horrible mental situation I was in. You can pm me if you have any questions good luck