+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would say yes for nappy at rest time and, there's nothing wrong with using a pull up if you're out for a few hours or at a function. Cleaning up puddles at the shopping centre or a function with a newborn would be a nightmare, and you have to cart so much stuff around! Also, the potty issue is tricky while out. The worst thing you can do is put too much pressure and stress and your Dd, they can go backwards at the flick of a switch if pushed too hard.
    My Ds is 2 1/2 and toilet training, we're just at the stage where he can wear undies out but there are still situations where I'll opt for a nappy but I'll always explain why. When he's wearing a pull up or nappy out, we wear undies on the outside and go to the toilet regularly as you would in undies.
    He understands that sometimes we do wee's while we're asleep, so a nappy is there just incase. I still take him to the loo before and after. Plus, thanks to Mr 4months I just can't bare the thought of having extra sheets to wash, I literally don't have the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 is 2.5 . We use a nappy for day nap as it is 1.5-3 hours and I don't want his sleep disturbed. It's usually wet when he wakes up, he wants it off immediately.

Also he was just commando in public at first. After 3 weeks of no accidents we introduced jocks.
    The times I had tried jocks around home he was having accidents, and only when he had jocks on. I think the tight feeling was too similar to a nappy.
    All good in jocks now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default TT HELP- still wear nappies for naps or outings?

Thanks everyone it's so confusing!
    In regards to poo- should I deny her the nappy to force her to use the potty? She asked for a nappy to poo today and cried and cried when I refused and she hasn't pooed at all now. I wonder if it's the right thing to do?

I just kinda thought toilet training was something that was pretty easy and straightforward when they are ready but I honestly think I missed my "easy" window when she just turned two and was showing interest- now she's a manipulative, defiant and jealous 3 year old

I took a big risk and went nappy free for nap today even though her nappy is usually soaked- I think she's been holding it in knowing she has a nappy at nap time. She was dry this time She has no accidents pants free like lovemysons but wearing underpants she just wets them. But she has to learn sometime, and I've been putting it off for a long time being preggars then busy with dd2 arriving.
    @Koarlo you completely hit the nail on the head about accidents at the shops with a 3 month old in tow, or even the thought of trying to take her to the public toilets with a bubba sounds like a nightmare too, and washing sheets..... Maybe I'll just keep outings very short for a week or so until she gets used to undies

I'm so tired I would love to keep her in nappies but my goodness I can't believe she's turning 3!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is very similer. She has the wee part done and dusted with no problems. We maybe only used pull ups when we were out for a week or so but she was dry.

She refuses to poo in the potty and seems to just hold on til nap time when she knows her nappy will be on. She has done maybe 4 in the potty out of desperation and it was like the end of the world for her!

Her nappies are still wet at nap and bed time so I'm also hesitant to just put her in undies while asleep.

I have heard night nappies take longer to get out off and it's not really something you can rush?

Nappies are much easier at times aren't they!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I've toilet trained 4 kids now and I still dread it. I hate it. Every child has been different and difficult in their own way. DD3 (my last) was very stubborn at first then something just clicked.

There's no medal at the end of TT'ing so try not to stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD wears underwear or nothing at all during nap time. I make her sit on toilet or potty before hand and no accidents going on two weeks of TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some clever little poppet's need an incentive to poo on the potty. A multivitamin 'lolly' worked for me haha. I preferred that over the alternative (either a tantrum, constipation, or a Mexican standoff).
    You just need to break them once, so to speak.
    Good luck with your toilet training journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When i tt'd my girls i used to use a pull up when we went out for the first while just in case as it was easier than standing at the check out in woolies and having to leave the whole trolley to dash to the toilet or similar situations.

I would also use a pull up at nap time.

I dont feel like it hampered their toilet training success but each to their own.

My niece used to insist on a nappy to poop in way after she was toilet trained, it went on for ages like until she was 4.5. My DD's never did that but its not a habit id be engaging in if possible. Bribes & promises whatever works to get the poop on the potty or toilet