+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default TT HELP- still wear nappies for naps or outings?

I'm really pushing for dd1 (3 this week) to be in underpants now. I know she's more than capable it's just laziness and convenience for both her and me.

The question is- do I still use a nappy for her nap (2-3 hours)? Her nap time is sacred to me as I have a newborn and I'm terrified her nap will be disrupted/ended early by her wetting the bed or needing to pee. She's a clever calculated thing too so I can see her trying to use toilet training to avoid napping.

Again, if I'm at the shops or an event for a few hours, should I use a nappy? She uses her potty but is scared of sitting on toilets, so my concern is she will wet herself or we will have to leave.

I'm confused of sending the wrong messages to her as well.

She also demands a nappy to poo.

Any input greatly appreciated. I have no idea what I'm doing and clearly dd1 is quite happy with nappies sigh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Naps - is she consistently waking after a nap with an empty nappy? If so, I would trial undies for naps. If not, I would wait a while.

We had to really make our DS use toilets when out. He still will only wee out when he is absolutely busting! We did have to leave things early at the beginning when he was still learning unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My view on TT is that once you start you go cold turkey. I only allow nappies at night. Unless there's a developmental reason for using nappies selectively I think it's too confusing / easy for kids to manipulate.

I just trained DD3 who is almost 2 and a half. We had one or two bad days then no more. She's been nappy free for almost 2 weeks.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (26-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (26-01-2016),misskittyfantastico  (26-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Once your in undies there is no going back or you will suffer hugely.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    My view on TT is that once you start you go cold turkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Once your in undies there is no going back or you will suffer hugely.
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD still worse pull ups at shops etc for awhile just in case with no confusion. Naps I can't remember but I think pull ups too. Same for overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you have to, put knickers on under the pull ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unless she's waking up consistently dry id still use nappies or pull ups for naps and night, as for out and about we still used them when DS was TTing at home with no confusion whatsoever. We always encouraged DS to go before he goes out. Once he was consistently dry out and about we ditched them too. Never had an accident yet (he's 6 now)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We still use a night nappy but undies all day, home and out n about. I just take a change of clothes and spare undies for him. For the first week or so I took the potty and just kept it in the boot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is almost 2.5 and we just use nappies at nap time and bedtime. She occasionally wakes up dry at nap time but not consistently so we'll give her a little more time. We just make sure we take a spare change of clothes if we're going out.