Thank you @MissDa. Just a bad day at Blossom's house I think. I wonder if the Gonal-F is upsetting me. I have been crying on and off all morning
hugs Blossom. I've had those thoughts too.
had my first scan today. she measured about 6 on left and 3 on right but the printout's only showing 3L & 1R. the leading one will be left side (which is always my dominant side). but the weird thing is the 3 left sides are 16.7, 29.5, 29.5 so I think there's 2 cysts (or something elses) as these are too big for the follicles. hoping they're ok, not something that needs to be removed before transfer. lining is ok at 10.74 and lead follie is 16.7 so probably a few days off Ov yet. expected to be friday if going from the calendar but it could be a couple of days late going from size (unless they're usually smaller on natural cycles? not sure). waiting on the update call.
For a girl who hit rock bottom a week ago and needed to take a step back, I feel like I'm up to my eyeballs in IVF stuff.
I got all LB's blood test results back. Cholesterol was the only problem, so a change in diet and more exercise. I've never had Cholesterol problems before so I'm blaming the Pred weight gain...or the comforting chocolate ice-cream...or both. Apparently my liver function should right itself once I'm finished on the IVF meds. I've asked LB's nurse to double check that advice seeings as it's a major organ.
All of my test results are also back from Dr M. I'm having my $150 test result consultation tomorrow afternoon.
I have my hysteroscopy, endo scratch and D&C with LB on Friday afternoon, which surprisingly is worrying me a bit. Does any-one know if your AF arrives as per normal after a hysteroscopy? And how much pain there is afterwards?
Then I need to get back to both LB and CT to say which one I'm cycling with in 2 weeks. This bit is completely doing my head in and I'm finding it hard to think of anything else.
I wonder what chance of success LB would give me with a day 3 embryo at 41 y/o and 5 failed cycles behind me? I'm guessing that percentage will guide my decision.
Last edited by Tahli; 27-01-2016 at 10:19.
Tahli I had a lap/hysteroscopy with tubes flushed, D&C and endo removed. My cycle I think was delayed after that, I may have skipped a month entirely. I remember being very annoyed as it pushed me over the christmas cut off. I wasn't in the hospital overnight however it took me a few days to recover but I did have a moderate amount of endo removed. Got my bfp next cycle though.
wow Tahli, it sounds like it's all back on again? I guess OE cycles, the timing is important as the eggs age each month whereas DE are there for later. but then there's costs to weigh up. and effect of the meds on your body. perhaps make a pros & cons list for each to see if one floats to the top for you?
PS: Girls, can you please help me toss around a few ideas? I have 3 embryos left in CT. All are top grade B5AA's, so there's no difference in them pre-thawing. My head hurts thinking about what to do next...
Option 1: Thaw one at a time for single FETs (getting 3 possible single transfers)
Option 2: Thaw one for a single FET (leaving me 2 embryos for a future double FET)
Option 3: Thaw two for a double FET (all thaw well, leaving me a single future FET option)
Option 4: Thaw two for a double FET (1 doesn't thaw well so they thaw the 3rd one)
Option 5: Thaw all three and transfer the two best looking (although I couldn't discard a perfectly healthy embryo & if the FET is unsuccessful then its $13k for a new donor cycle)
Note: If I have a single embryo left as my last embryo and start a new donor cycle I can't legally transfer that last frozen embryo in with a new fresh embryo to create a double FET.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!