Closed Thread
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have an old weatherboard clad outdoor loo instead! The red back spiders could form an audience at our POAS party!!
    I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby. It's so sad to lose our furry companions like that.
    The AMH takes about 2-3 wks to come back.
    Dr M's scripts have just been faxed to my chemist & I can collect them tomorrow. Now I need to receive LB's in the mail. So much piecing together to get a cycle organised!
    Re CT I'm sure every-one's decision to go there will be motivated by different factors. For me I could get cracking straight away. I like being removed from the ED. I didn't have to 'date' the ED to be a recipient. Lots of fair donors. Transparent process. Lots of other girls had been there with success so it didn't seem dodgy!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-02-2016),Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Gagingi  (03-02-2016),midnite01  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Blossom im looking at ct for price i have been there before and my grandparents originated there so have a real sense of belonging. Also the donors are younger and available. I

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-02-2016),Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Precious40  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016),Tahli  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Oh @Tahli, I didn't realise you had a sick fur-baby. I also didn't realise I had an outside loo, lol, but that's another issue entirely Re: The fur-baby, was this a dog or a cat? And what has led you to treatment for him? What was wrong? I seem to have missed that conversation entirely. Sorry! Re: The POAS-athon, all being well we will definitely be close. And I tell you what, if it came down to POAS party style, I've no doubt I'd be able to do it. There is No. Dignity. Left.

@Summer, yes, how are you and DH going in the negotiations? I really hope that things will turn a corner for you both. Everything would be SO much easier if you were on the same page.

As for me....I've just made an impromptu appointment to see my OB/GP at 4pm this afternoon. I want to know how many eggs I have left. Or rather, what my egg reserve is looking like. You all know what I mean, ha ha.

Anyway, can anyone remind me of the name of the test I need to ask for? And also, while I'm giving out my precious blood, should I ask for any other BT's? I've had all the 'standard' stuff done already - STD checks, iron, hormones, liver function, cholesterol, sugar, that sort of thing. Anything else I need to check that could be of benefit and won't send me too broke?

The test is AMH Luv. Get your thryroid/Vit D done as well if it's been a while since they were checked

ETA- From what the other Lovelies who've done the ED thing have said, the donors are a hell of a lot younger too. Early 20's onwards. My understanding is that many of them are students but @Tahli @JulieMalooley @Chiefsgirl etc who have done it can tell you more.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-02-2016 at 11:06.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Gagingi  (03-02-2016),Precious40  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016),Tahli  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re the scripts @Tahli, my clinic will fax scripts direct to my pharmacy so they can get a head start on ordering in my drugs. Being in the middle of nowhere it can take up to 2 weeks for mine to arrive. Normal drugs are easy enough to get - they keep those in stock. But they were scratching their heads at Gonal-F and Orgalutran ha ha. They told me this system would work but by law they needed the original paper script within 7 days of receiving the fax. Anyway, that might be an option if you get close to your date?

Oh, I have another question. And this is not intended to knock anyone who chooses CT or Greece or wherever for egg donation. But why do people go to other countries for egg donation when we can advertise in Australia for a donor, and get the donations done here at close to the same price as a stim cycle for ourselves? Isn't overseas more pricey? Or are the chances of finding a donor in Australia just really low?
    @Blossom74
    From what I've seen going OS is just more certain, quicker and for some clinics, not that much more expensive (especially CT) Plus you get a holiday! All the finding the donor, blood tests, organising her EPU is something that you have to organise yourself here whereas O/S its all done for you. The downside is FETs are a pain in the butt to travel for and the donors are anonymous.

For me I wanted to find a known donor and I don't think you can find that easily O/S. Advertising in Aus and hoping that someone will choose you is a stressful process in itself so I can understand why many people want to avoid that. Having said that I would highly recommend giving it a shot obviously . If you are active on the ED sites its a matter of weeks or months before you find a donor, not years and I think that's another thing that puts people off is the perceived amount of time waiting....well it's just unknown. We all want to get preggers yesterday (or last year, or the year before.....)

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-02-2016),Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Charlie74  (03-02-2016),Precious40  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016),Tahli  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    So we'd be 5 days apart, if all went to plan. I had images of us POAS together up in your outdoor dunny! POAS party style!!
    Is any-one else doing a March transfer?
    @Summer I'm worried about you love. How are things going with DH?
    @BlondeinBrisvegas Are you feeling any better today? I wonder if you'll be under the weather off and on for all of Term 1? It doesn't help down here when it's 31c one day and 18c the next.
    Thanks for being kind re my fur ball. He had an endoscopy, ultrasound, biopsy. So the same as me last Fri but the other end! And his procedure was decidedly more expensive! I get his results on Friday. So all up $3k so far. The equivalent of going back to CT for a FET.
    And also a belated thanks for all the doggie chats a few weeks ago. A Cavoodle is looking like a good choice as a 4 year old boy's companion. So if I can't create a sibling for him, a Cavoodle might be on the cards.
    Well I'm not feeling any worse Luv though the headache/sore throat is still hanging around
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 03-02-2016 at 11:06.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016),Tahli  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your fur baby. It's so sad to lose our furry companions like that.

Thanks hon. That was some years ago now so I can talk about it without losing my shiz! My two current fur-babies are doing just fine though

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on o/seas ED vs Aussie ED. I was not concerned that one option might be dodgy, more wondering if I was barking up the wrong tree even considering looking here rather than overseas. Since my knowledge on the subject was limited I had wondered if there simply weren't any donors here and maybe it would take years! I understand finding someone might be difficult, as long as it's not impossible. This is all way down the track of course - just doing my research.

So I think I'll ask for the AMH, testosterone (since it was low last time), iron, thyroid and Vit D

Hope you feel better soon @BIB. I've got a bit of a sore throat myself today, but I'm pretending it's not there and hoping for the best....

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-02-2016),Precious40  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016),Tahli  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Blossom74, obviously I haven't done DE But it's an option we'll take once we've exhausted all others. So I've asked lots of questions and I follow the CT thread.

From my understanding the process here is more convoluted. Unless you have a donor already, you have to find one, you can advertise but there's a process involved of applying to the govt for permission to do so. You then have to wait for someone to choose you. Then I guess there's all the obligatory testing and counselling. And all of this takes time. None of the donors costs are covered by Medicare so it's all out of pocket. Plus you might need to pay for additional costs like transportation and accommodation if they have to travel.

It seems from the experiences of girls who have tried both options that for many (not all obviously), that overseas DE is just quicker, less hassle, there are lots of donors ready to chose from etc. And you can do it all for around $15k including airfares and accommodation if you don't go super luxurious. Plus most say it's the added bonus of spending $15k and getting a nice little holiday as well if you choose to.

Some of the others like JM etc will be able to break it down better - but that's the general impression I've gotten. It just seems much easier and straightforward.
    Actually medicare do cover the donors here, as long as they have a medicare card (my donor is actually an american! but she had perm residency and a medicare card). I think with my donor the only thing that wasn't covered was maybe theatre costs. We still got the 5Kish rebate from the stim cycle. Also you have to get the govt permission in Victoria only (I think its only that state anyway)
    Last edited by Bongley; 03-02-2016 at 11:21.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-02-2016),Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Charlie74  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks hon. That was some years ago now so I can talk about it without losing my shiz! My two current fur-babies are doing just fine though

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on o/seas ED vs Aussie ED. I was not concerned that one option might be dodgy, more wondering if I was barking up the wrong tree even considering looking here rather than overseas. Since my knowledge on the subject was limited I had wondered if there simply weren't any donors here and maybe it would take years! I understand finding someone might be difficult, as long as it's not impossible. This is all way down the track of course - just doing my research.

So I think I'll ask for the AMH, testosterone (since it was low last time), iron, thyroid and Vit D

Hope you feel better soon @BIB. I've got a bit of a sore throat myself today, but I'm pretending it's not there and hoping for the best....
    Thanks Luv

the Lurgy will pass you by!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

@Blossom74 There is a lot of info on eggdonationaustralia.com.au (you have to register) and its quite good to read through people adverts and stories to get an idea of the process.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-02-2016),Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Charlie74  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Apologies! I stand corrected ������
    Do u know @Bongley has that changed in recent years? I could swear my girlfriend told me that she got no Medicare rebates for her donor cycle which is why she ended up paying out close to $150k over 5 or so years of OE & then DE cycles. And it was an Aussie donor. That's great if it is covered!! Makes a huge difference then.
    @Charlie74 I'm not sure actually, I know when I started off looking for an ED I figured it would all be OOP too. In fact I don't think I really believed it until the money went into my account from medicare I had a donor make an offer from NZ and the extra OOP costs and flights meant I had to turn her down (plus another couple of issues), I was pretty gutted and felt awful saying no, especially after chatting for a few weeks. Luckily my donor from NSW got in touch shortly after.

We went through Genea with 3 FETs and PGD testing plus my donors costs I think we paid about 20k? If we'd gone through RPA we would have saved most of that but I wouldn't have had the embryo testing and the immune treatment. The testing was a bit moot as they all came back normal in the end (yay 25yr old eggs!) but I guess it just pointed the finger more firmly in the direction of implantation/immune problems so I can't really regret paying for the extra services.

I have rambled today
    Last edited by Bongley; 03-02-2016 at 12:07.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (03-02-2016),Blossom74  (03-02-2016),Charlie74  (03-02-2016),Gagingi  (03-02-2016),Precious40  (03-02-2016),Summer  (03-02-2016),Tahli  (03-02-2016)