+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boys boys boys View Post
    I fell pregnant unexpectedly 4 days out from ovulation, I have 3 boys already so am very curious to see if this one is a boy or a girl. We conceived previously by dtd on O day. I'm due 3rd September 2016.
    Updating...
    Had a gender scan today and it looks like another boy for us. This one was conceived 4 days out from O and only dtd once and our previous 2 pregnancies were conceived by dtd every day/2nd day and right on O. Timing did not work for us! 🙄😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by boys boys boys View Post
    Updating...
    Had a gender scan today and it looks like another boy for us. This one was conceived 4 days out from O and only dtd once and our previous 2 pregnancies were conceived by dtd every day/2nd day and right on O. Timing did not work for us! 🙄😁
    Congrats hon, did baby look well in there ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congratulations !! So there goes the timing theory lol.

What diet / supps (if any) were you taking ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby looked healthy and happy in there. I wasn't taking any supplements or following a diet as we weren't actively ttc. Was just basing it on timing alone.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boys boys boys For This Useful Post:

crt22  (17-03-2016),Lovemysons  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    FYI, have you ever visited www.genderdreaming.com?
    It's a science-based diet and exercise regime for swaying. It is having good results, and has totally debunked the Shettles method, which was based on fast/slow swimming sperm that we now know is not true. You'll have to have a read of the site to get a good understand of the premise behind the diet and what it actually involves because it's quite in depth, and for example conditions like PCOS and other autoimmune disorders require a slight variation to the diet because the idea behind swaying for a girl is that you are lowering your fertility. It's hard to summarize because but to give you an example of what it looks like (we are swaying girl), my regime is this:
    - High carb, low protein, low fat, vegetarian diet with coffee and alcohol if you can. No good fats or animal fats if possible.
    - skip breakfast, and NO snacking between meals.
    - DTD at the first positive OPK - only one attempt is allowed in your fertile window. If you don't use OPKs then DTD every 4 days. Timing doesn't sway. This is one point that they stress. Its the amount of attempts that sway. The more attempts in your fertile period the more it sways boy.
    - take fibre supplements
    - do cardio exercise for 60 mins a day, 6 days a week (I'm not doing this is my sway, I just don't have the time) - do not do any weight training

I know this is so opposite to Shettles so it takes some getting used to, but honestly it has great results. As I said, check the website out and have a read for yourself.
    Shame this is a paid website. Makes me doubt the credibility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mambo did you have a proper look at the website? You don't have to pay to be apart of it. I haven't paid to be apart of it. You can pay to get a customized diet plan, or you can pay to be apart of the private forums, but otherwise all of the knowledge is totally free. And why shouldn't the woman who started the website charge for customised plans? It was her hard work and research that developed the gender dreaming theory. It's a full time job for her to run the website, answer member questions and do the customized sway plans. Everything is there in black and white, you don't have to doubt the credibility as it's based on science, and the members report their sway successes and failures so the moderator can record the stats. So far this year they have an 80% success rate for girl sways (not sure what the success of the boy sways were), so that sure beats the 50/50 shot you have when you don't sway. All I'm trying to say is just it's worth keeping an open mind about, and perhaps considering if you are serious about swaying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    @Mambo did you have a proper look at the website? You don't have to pay to be apart of it. I haven't paid to be apart of it. You can pay to get a customized diet plan, or you can pay to be apart of the private forums, but otherwise all of the knowledge is totally free. And why shouldn't the woman who started the website charge for customised plans? It was her hard work and research that developed the gender dreaming theory. It's a full time job for her to run the website, answer member questions and do the customized sway plans. Everything is there in black and white, you don't have to doubt the credibility as it's based on science, and the members report their sway successes and failures so the moderator can record the stats. So far this year they have an 80% success rate for girl sways (not sure what the success of the boy sways were), so that sure beats the 50/50 shot you have when you don't sway. All I'm trying to say is just it's worth keeping an open mind about, and perhaps considering if you are serious about swaying.
    Nope I'm going to call BS on that too. I looked at the forums, no scientific research is referenced. Just long winded posts by the Swaying Advice Coach. There are 'articles' but nothing scientific, there are ebooks which you can buy or subscriptions to meal plans which you can buy. I'll happily just take some interesting, non-scientific, but worth a try advice from other mums that I don't have to pay for, and be happy with either a boy or girl.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mambo For This Useful Post:

crt22  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GingerKat is that your website?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was sure you had to pay for the meal plan and other sway ideas... can you point me as to where the info is pls? I'd like to have a read to have an 'open mind'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Mambo it's def not my website, it's run by an American woman.