+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mastitis.. help!!!

Hi all,

I woke on Saturday with flu like symptoms and was sure I had the flu.. That was until I realized my left boob was sore and red!. Being my 3rd bub and having suffered mastitis with each of my other babes, I started clearing the blocked duct straight away. I offered from that side first for all feeds, I used the pump while massaging the lump, hot shower while massaging also ect.

I woke on Sunday (yesterday) still exhausted but no more aches and pains, the redness has gone away as has the pain but I could not stop sweating!! Even just laying on the lounge, I was sweating profusely.

This morning I woke feeling almost back to normal however the sweating is still present!

Can anyone advise whether this is normal? I never had this the 2 times I had mastitis.. do i need to see my doctor? The sweating is uncontrollable 😣😣

Thank you for reading

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got sweats as my mastitis episodes got progressively worse.... I had been diagnosed with allergy to the better antibiotics for mastitis years ago so was taking not ideal ones but it kept coming back more and more often ( yep did the expressing etc) I finally took the stuff I might have been allergic too ( no problem) and not had it since....id see ur dr, my hubby is a dr (ob in fact) and wanted me on abcs fast each time as whilst it can clear without it can be so dangerous.... My last episode was the worst with sweats...,, fluclox rules! U could have an infection elsewhere still, and have u checked mirror? I found red patches under boob I hadn't noticed one time !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you got a temperature? I also got the sweats when I had mastitis, but I had the shakes and chills at the same time.