+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Love ALDI. Mine is very close to a large fresh food market, and while the market can be better quality and slightly cheaper at the markets I'm happy to go to Aldi to get everything in one hit in under 30 minutes. The market plus going to a supermarket for the extras took me 2 or 3 times that long. Most of the time I find the quality more than acceptable. Not A+ grade but pretty damn good. Yes, these are a few things that you just can't get there, or that I prefer other brands for, but the vast bulk of our weekly shop I'll do at Aldi and as PP said, it saves me up to $100 on shopping at Coles or Woolies. When I was shopping at the markets I'd save even more than that, but the convenience of getting almost everything in one hit won me over.
    I love the checkout- it's like an extreme sport! 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't get into Aldi. I pop in randomly or for specific weekly specials (like the snow gear), but can't do a big shop there. The fruit and veg is hit and miss, as is the meat. I'm sceptical because I know they are a little manipulative - the 2 pack of salmon fillets are delicious and from Tasmania, but the 4 pack is Norwegian. The idea being someone will buy the 2 pack to try it out, love it, then go back and buy the 4 pack which is poorer quality. It makes me feel like they are taking advantage...

I do love their brown rice crackers, and if we are having a party or going camping we do our shopping of snacks/dips etc there.

I tend to buy meat at a butcher, fruit and veg at a fruit and veg shop and then whichever supermarket for other stuff, usually Woolworths because growing up Coles often had empty/unstocked shelves so I stopped shopping there when I couldn't get what I needed repeatedly.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Has anyone bought the mini Aldi brown rice cakes that are being advertised? They look good for DS lunchbox but I just want to check the ingredients - Or next time you are in there can you take a photo of the ingredients list - I can't find the info on line and post it for me please 😄
    I hope these are clear enough for you. I probably wouldn't buy them just on salt alone! I do recommend the full size ones though.
    Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Tell me about Aldi

Oh your a champ thank you!
    I thought they seemed too good to be true - the salt content alone is a worry on the plain ones and the flavoured ones have msg and additives so no good!

I really wish they wouldn't promote them as a "nutritious lunchbox snack"
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 31-01-2016 at 16:41.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (31-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This thread inspired me to give aldi one more go. I just got a few things but checked a bunch if labels on stocks/sauces etc that 18 months ago all had 600 numbers. No more, still have yeast extract but no pure msg which seems to be our big one to avoid. I might give them a go for the next full shop - depends on how tonight's salmon tastes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    I can't get into Aldi. I pop in randomly or for specific weekly specials (like the snow gear), but can't do a big shop there. The fruit and veg is hit and miss, as is the meat. I'm sceptical because I know they are a little manipulative - the 2 pack of salmon fillets are delicious and from Tasmania, but the 4 pack is Norwegian. The idea being someone will buy the 2 pack to try it out, love it, then go back and buy the 4 pack which is poorer quality. It makes me feel like they are taking advantage...

I got the 4 pack today and it's definitely exactly the same as the two pack- I'm pretty sure it's always been that way at my Aldi. I don't think it's any sort of con, maybe that's just what was available?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's wasn't the same 2 months ago. We know the Australian suppliers and they don't supply the 4 pack. Does the 4 pack have the Australia logo on it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moto View Post
    It's wasn't the same 2 months ago. We know the Australian suppliers and they don't supply the 4 pack. Does the 4 pack have the Australia logo on it?
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1454231854.801628.jpg

Our store has only started stocking the pack of 4 in the past maybe year or so, possibly less. And it's always been the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Attachment 77966

Our store has only started stocking the pack of 4 in the past maybe year or so, possibly less. And it's always been the same.
    I'm really glad! That's different packaging to my local store, but it's nice to know they are doing Australian in the larger packs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Oh your a champ thank you!
    I thought they seemed too good to be true - the salt content alone is a worry on the plain ones and the flavoured ones have msg and additives so no good!

I really wish they wouldn't promote them as a "nutritious lunchbox snack"

This is why I struggle to do a grocery shop at Aldi...the salt content in a lot of their products is really high (or was the last time I checked).