+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It took me awhile to become a fan of Aldi. My parents are asdicted to their weekly specials! But my mum did get me a great mop there on the weekend.
    The one I normally go to it right next to a Woolies and Coles so it nice and easy to pop into another store to get what Aldi dont have.
    Although I am thinking of going to the new one in town as they have a bigger range.
    Im very jealous of those that say the fruit and veg are great, at the store I go to its terrible and doesnt last very long unlike Woolies.
    I get their nappies, pasta and flours,sugar there cooking staples are so cheap as well as zip lock bags and dishwasher tablets. Although my cat is a snob and wont eat their cat food.
    I just need to remember to bring my own bags.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thought I'd chime in.
    I have a love/hate relationship with the place.
    I don't find the stores around my area messy or disorganised, in fact they're quite the opposite.
    I HATE the checkout. I hate how fast they sweep everything through and find it stressful trying to quickly load the trolley and keep up with the cashier, especially wrangling DD.
    Some of the products I particularly go there for because of the saving and also the quality, are
    *Toiletries- toothpaste, pads, razors, their version of Glen20...
    *Foil, plastic wrap, cleaning products, cat food.
    When DD was in them I used to buy (and love) their nappies as well.
    *Meat, especially their Hoi Sin chicken kebabs.. They are so tasty and use good quality chicken, whereas with the other supermarket delis I find them fatty and tasteless.
    Chicken breast, minced beef etc, sausages etc.
    *Frozens- chips, fish, potato gems, wedges, corn on the cob
    *general pantry fillers (I like their steam rice pouches, tuna (great value) and wrap packs
    *Bakery- English muffins, wraps and their garlic/herb pizza bases are amazing and so cheap.

They also have a nice red
    wine for under $10.

Overall, I love their products but hate the checkout process.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Aldi. I don't buy much processed stuff like biscuits or pasta sauce as we don't really eat it.
    We usually get:
    Free range eggs
    Basics like flour, sugar, pasta
    Olive oil
    Tissues, paper towel
    Cleaning stuff like washing up liquid
    Rib eye steaks
    Free range chicken
    Greek yogurt
    Cheese
    Lentils/pulses/dried fruit/nuts (they don't have red lentils which I find really annoying as I use them a lot)
    Quince paste
    Cooking chocolate
    Frozen pastry
    Vanilla ice cream
    Disposable nappies and wipes
    Soda water

We tried the aldi formula when dd was on formula. It really didn't agree with her. She now just has cows milk instead.
    I'm not a huge fan of their milk so I get it at superbarn.

I go to a complex that has aldi and superbarn, so I go to both for the main shop. I also go to coles and woolies occasionally for random stuff like washing powder and toothpaste on sale. I buy multiple on sale so I've always got spares. I try to avoid coles and woollies for the most part. I also go to our local small IGA quite a lot for top ups of milk, fruit and veg. I often pick up meat and stuff on sale there as well.
    So in summary, I love Aldi, but I'm not tied to the one place. I shop around a lot to get the best value. I've found the longer I've been shopping at Aldi, the less I care about special buys. I get stuff occasionally, like I've picked up back to schools stuff as I'm starting uni next month, but I'm not as tempted as I was when I first started shopping there.
    Packing my own bags doesn't bother me at all. I do only have one kid though so I could see how that would be annoying with more.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Snowman For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Well, there is a person at the checkout. Pretty much they scan the item and move it to a (small) pick up bench (it just slides across). You then put it in your trolley. There is usually no time to pack it in bags in the trolley unless you are extremely organised (not me). Then after paying you can move to the packing benches along the wall or go to your car and pack it into bags in the car (I stay instore due to aircon and well - for me its easier not worrying about DS running onto the road anywhere).
    And this is why you invest in trolley bags!
    We love aldi, I don't buy our fruit and veg or meat from there but we go there for everything else. We love their refill wipes, much better quality than huggies. The dishwasher tablets are great same as the laundry items. We love the cheese, yogurts and I love the bb cream.

I save so much money shopping there and their $5 bottles if moscato hit the spot nicely

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    So yes Adelaide is often one of the last states to get certain stores and Aldi is one of them! They will be opening about 20 of them here soon.

Everyone seems to love it. What is there to love? What Aldi brand things do you swear by and also what's it like doing a full shop without being able to buy your favourite brands, does that put you off or push you to do 2 shops - 1 at Aldi and 1 elsewhere?

Anyone hate Aldi?

Give me feed back warts and all!
    I love their nappies, wipes, gluten free range, and frozen pies/pastries.

I don't like their fruit and veg- get that elsewhere.

We have never ever done a "full" shop at any one store anyway.
    Aldi is for staples, local f&V for f&v, butcher for meat, and wherever we pass for top ups.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like Aldi, the products aren't always up to scratch and some of the food is just awful. But there's quite a few that are great and taste better than Coles/Woolies alternative. However I just don't shop there anymore. It was good when we didn't have a lot of money and needed to shop for a fortnight. These days I'll use our local butcher, fruit & veg shop and get the rest from coles because I'm loyal to the fly buys. Woolies lost me for how they changed their reward system. Its a nothing but I'm picky like that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Balfour For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It depends on your Aldi, and it's turnover. Mine is amazing and I buy everything there. I do need to go into another shop anymore.

I love their eye fillet beef, their boneless butterflied chicken, their chocolate, their marble brioche, their crumpets, cheese, yoghurt, pickled stuff, spices and herbs, baking stuff, tinned tomatoes and other tinned veg, pasta and rice, wraps, rosé, the pond Sauvignon Blanc, beauty stuff and cleaning products.

So everything!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shopped there once. I didn't like the quality/taste of the food so spent more money replacing the food when I went back to Coles.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    See I find the taste of their food really good, it's another reason I keep going back. It's like because they generally only stock one version of a certain product, it's been tested and is top notch. Sure there are cheaper things in there which I don't like (chocolate, cookies and I really hated their chicken and veg pie) but most things I've tried are delicious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453785408.838269.jpg

The Aldi near me is really hit and miss. Bought a really fresh cauliflower one week the next week they were mouldy. I find it good for baby spinach and rocket leaves. I like the gluten free range and the frozen veggies. I also like the cheese.