+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Hallet cove. I believe Marion doesn't open till later on
    My local shops too 😀 I will pop in to aldi at some point to have a look just because it's there. I'm not big on change though so would take a lot for me to shift my shopping. I usually do a big online shop from woolies once a month and top ups from foodland. On lite n easy at the moment though so not buying many groceries at all lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reason #45 I won't shop at Aldi: those weekly specials. I have enough going on in my Kmart life, I don't need another shop that sells cheap stuff I don't need but decide on impulse that I must have. We'd go bankrupt. My dad is addicted to Aldi because of those damn specials 😂

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (26-01-2016),CakeyMumma  (25-01-2016),HollyGolightly81  (26-01-2016),SoThisIsLove  (26-01-2016),Stretched  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been a few times and have not been particularly impressed. I want to like Aldi, but I just don't.

Anytime I have bought fruit and veg, they have mostly been rotten.

Last time I checked (which admittedly was years ago) the prices of their basics eg flour, pasta was the same as Coles / Woolies homebrands so no savings to be had there.

They seem to sell a lot of prepackaged snacks / frozen foods that I just never buy.

I've never been particularly impressed with any of their biscuits. The number of times people have said to me "oh you have to try these, they are from Aldi and just like xzy only they taste so much better". They never do.

My face broke out in a rash when I tried their Lacura brand moisturiser.

Their range of Christmas foods used to be great eg imported from Germany, however the stuff they had in last year was pretty awful.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about Aldi

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Lighten up. .
    you're the one that started with the conversion crap chat. Happy to let this lie if you are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    you're the one that started with the conversion crap chat. Happy to let this lie if you are.
    Only on BH can a light hearted thread about a supermarket be twisted into something else. You know full well my conversion comment was related to my initial post. Clearly I'm in your line of fire tonight. Maybe just ignore my posts if they're riling you up so much.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (26-01-2016),Sonja  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    And let the conversion attempts begin! 😂
    =

Only on BH can a light hearted thread about a supermarket be twisted into something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    =
    You forgot the part in my initial post where I said people try and "convert" me. Include that for the sake of completeness.

VP, I find it hard to believe that you can't see the mild humour and reference to my initial post. But if that's the case, then lesson learned. Weird that it would be at all taken literally. Clearly my use of the words "convert" and "conversion" were not meant to be taken as such. I'm surprised I need to explain that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    =
    I read her initial comment rhetorically rather than an attempt to actually get someone to convert her.

You know. Tongue in cheek.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (26-01-2016),VicPark  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I read her initial comment rhetorically rather than an attempt to actually get someone to convert her.

You know. Tongue in cheek.
    That's the phrase I was after, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate aldi,
    I don't find it cheaper & Coles give me fly buys,
    I hate the lay out. There is no order. The produce is undesirable at best and I find the entire ordeal stressful