+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So I am going to completely own my wrongness on Aldi I shopped there years ago and was not a fan, in fact I hated it. But lately I've given it a go again and I'm a complete convert. Since I shopped there 10 years ago the range has really increased and so has the quality.

Love:
    dairy - the cheese is yummy and way cheaper. We go through oodles of greek yoghurt and the plain aldi one is delish. DS2 and DD have it everyday with cut up fruit. The butter is also fab.

Cleaning products - I'm a personal hygene and cleaning product snob but I love Aldi stuff. The stain spray, dishwasher tablets and dishwashing liquid are great. The Lacura (sp?) range for beauty I love so much. The foaming cleanser and foundation in particular.

Baby - I've switched from S26 Gold to Mamia Gold. It's half the price, made in Aust and smells so much nicer. Also changed to the nappies and the wipes.

Hate:

the red meat - the steak is the worst I have ever tasted, it was like a boot, seriously And I bought it twice just to make sure it wasn't just a bad batch... nope.... old tough boot!
    Milk - it tastes watered down.

As to the full shop - I do my meat and veg at Woolies, plus some brands like Cadbury and my coffee pods I can't get at Aldi. But I've found I'm buying less and less each week at Woolies as I change brands bc they really are as good.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a HUGE Aldi fan. Like others said it took a while to get comfortable there. But I'm a tight &rse so hit up the specials at Coles then buy the rest from Aldi.

I don't get junk mail so look up woolies and Coles catalogues online to see what's on sale. I hit them up (often in bulk). Then buy the rest from Aldi. Coles and Aldi are in the same shopping centre so it's not hard for me to do both.

Likes: block cheese, pink milk (don't like the choc one though), their weet bix and cornflakes, condensed milk, baking products, meat, dishwashing tablets, sensitive washing powder, dog food, general baking staples. They have an amazing range of gluten free food.

The special buys are my down fall. They change over every week. I use the ap to see what's coming up. Love their jammies. Also got some great collette Dinnigan bathers recently for the kids with long sleeve zip up rashies.

Yes having to stack your own groceries is annoying. I just check everything in the trolley, then into the car, then use a washing basket to carry it all in.

Much of the stuff is the brand name product in different packaging. You can tell from the made my address on the back.

Don't be put off by the unrecognisable boxes. Oh and don't buy the dairy fine choc it's horrid, but the mont something is amazing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    Lighten up. You quoted me twice directly addressing two reasons I had given for why I don't shop there, and I had said in my original post that people always seem to be attention to convince me to shop at Aldi so it was a light hearted reference to that. It cracks me up, I've never had one person ever try to convince me to shop at IGA or Foodworks or Woolies. Only ever at Aldi (with grocery shopping). I have no propaganda. I couldn't give a rat's bottom where people do grocery shopping.
    Actually I do love foodworks and would try and convince you to shop there. So many brands you can't find at woolies or Coles. Mine stocks an organic orange juice which is AMAZING!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Actually I do love foodworks and would try and convince you to shop there. So many brands you can't find at woolies or Coles. Mine stocks an organic orange juice which is AMAZING!
    Haha. Nah, I'm a creature of habit so you'd not win. And I don't buy juice 😝 If there's something I want that Coles doesn't have, it's usually a pretty unusual item that requires a trip to a specialty shop, not just to another supermarket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    18 opening in SA to be exact The first ones open Wed 4th Feb ( including one around the corner from me!!)
    Marion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    There seems to be a million of them opening in WA too. I had no idea how many were opening here until some girls from work were talking about it so I looked at their site and saw there's a whole heap opening here and I thought it was just 2.
    Oh cool. I'll have to check them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Marion?
    Hallet cove. I believe Marion doesn't open till later on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Oh and their weekly specials They get so much good stuff. I go for them as much as the general groceries

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm an Aldi fan too, and like a lot of people it took me a few goes before I got the gist of the place. I definitely save $$ and that's my main reason for shopping there.
    I like the nappies and wipes, washing powder, dishwashing detergent, biscuits, yoghurt covered rice cakes (which I doubt is actual yoghurt but very yummy), seasonal veg, party pies & sausage rolls, chicken kievs (fresh, not frozen ones), fresh salmon, German pretzels, bread.
    I do get very tempted by the random crap they get in every week, I almost bought a chainsaw there a few weeks back...
    I love when they have kid's books in, and they often have great theme weeks where they'll have food items from the UK, US, Germany, etc.
    You can sign up to get catalogues by email too 👍🏻

12. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to Aldi when I was on the Gold Coast recently and hated it, but it was more to do with me then them. I like a set meal plan that makes a set grocery list and if I can't shop that list then I get very flustered (due to my OCD) and the way Aldi is set out makes it hard to do it. So my distaste of Adli is purely my own fault and I can understand why others would love it because of the prices.