+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That happened to me about 3 years ago. Tried it once, got told off for standing at the checkout (I didn't know you had to put your own groceries in the trolley and bag them later...) and vowed to not go back. Fast forward 3 years and I was forced back by necessity ($$). Since then I've had some of the most entertaining conversations with checkout staff (especially the young dudes who tell me about their Friday night plans on one hand and share a biatch about our pets peeing in inappropriate places on the other).
    I found Aldi product clearly labelled - it's easy to pick the 'ethical' choices. It's great if you don't want to buy food with Nasty additives as well - labeling is clear and for the most part Aldi stock less 'nasty' brands than coles and Woolies.
    And let the conversion attempts begin! 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

It's the sort of place I find one or two things I like then wind up at woollies finishing off my shopping. So I don't see the point.
    Good point. Once per fortnight I get a coles online delivery to my house on a Wednesday to pick up those extras. If it's $100 or more i get free delivery.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about Aldi

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    And let the conversion attempts begin! 😂
    OP asked for opinions. If my opinion is a conversion attempt then what is your opinion? Woolies Propoganda?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Aldi. I hated it years ago, and took forever to go back. I order my groceries online, so don't do my weekly shop there (when I looked in to it their products had so much salt in them it turned me off, but it's been years and I want to check again as Aldi are a preservative free grocery shop, and they do support Australian business and farmers)...but their fruit/veg last so much longer than woolies and coles, we quite like their frozen fish, their dishwashing tablets are the bomb and so bluddy cheap....and their weekly specials are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I only buy the other produce from Aldi when I want something out of their weekly specials, but I haven't been disappointed in one of their special products yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing for a read. We are getting aldi here in wa at some point this year so I'm curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me about Aldi

I love Aldi.

Their organic range is getting bigger all the time and it's so much cheaper.

Until you know what they sell it's a pain to shop there, I know what I can and can't get there so it helps me with planning.

I do have to go to woollies once a month or so to get specific items which Aldi doesn't have (fragrance free stuff).

I also do a Costco shop once every couple of months for bulk health food staples.

The fruit and veg has always been excellent but a lot of people have said to me they've got crap, I never have.

The meat is good, they have a good range of grass fed beef.

If you are willing to be flexible and shop to what they have it's great. I.e they only sell bean sprouts in summer so I wouldn't plan a meal with bean sprouts outside that time to avoid an extra stop elsewhere.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wish we had Aldi...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Wish we had Aldi...
    There seems to be a million of them opening in WA too. I had no idea how many were opening here until some girls from work were talking about it so I looked at their site and saw there's a whole heap opening here and I thought it was just 2.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    18 opening in SA to be exact The first ones open Wed 4th Feb ( including one around the corner from me!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP asked for opinions. If my opinion is a conversion attempt then what is your opinion? Woolies Propoganda?

Lighten up. You quoted me twice directly addressing two reasons I had given for why I don't shop there, and I had said in my original post that people always seem to be attention to convince me to shop at Aldi so it was a light hearted reference to that. It cracks me up, I've never had one person ever try to convince me to shop at IGA or Foodworks or Woolies. Only ever at Aldi (with grocery shopping). I have no propaganda. I couldn't give a rat's bottom where people do grocery shopping.