+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about Aldi

So yes Adelaide is often one of the last states to get certain stores and Aldi is one of them! They will be opening about 20 of them here soon.

Everyone seems to love it. What is there to love? What Aldi brand things do you swear by and also what's it like doing a full shop without being able to buy your favourite brands, does that put you off or push you to do 2 shops - 1 at Aldi and 1 elsewhere?

Anyone hate Aldi?

Give me feed back warts and all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate Aldi. I had a terrible customer service experience there several years ago, vowed to never set foot in another store and have kept to my word. I'm also very loyal to Coles (I take advantage of Fly Buys), refuse to pack my own groceries (I shop with DS2 and sometimes also with DS1 and wrangling them is hard enough), hate having to go to more than one place to do groceries and don't like the layout of pallets just popped on the floor. Most people I know go there often and of those people some really love it and keep trying to "convert" me. I quite like that I don't shop there though, similar to liking that I have not seen Dirty Dancing or don't have an iPhone 😂 I'm a bit contrary like that 😊

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2016),Mezmerised  (25-01-2016),Stretched  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Haha, I'm very contrary too, but I hate the almost duopoly Coles and Woolies have and want an alternative.

This may be a stupid question but so they offer online shopping? 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aldi is opening around the corner from me next week. Very keen to try it out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It took me about 5 shops before I felt comfortable shopping at Aldi. I love my coles Brands. I was forced into shopping at Aldi by necessity - towards the end of Mat leave with DS2 I was short on cash. Couldn't afford to spend $800-$900 per fortnight at Coles. Aldi was $600 per fortnight ... Bottle of wine included

Sure - I can't get some of the fancy treats I used to get at Coles... And sure some of the stuff isn't quite as nice (tinned corn). However some of the stuff is awesome: meat!! Sensitive laundry liquid $4ish as opposed to $12+!! Cost savings meant that when I went back to work I continued to do the bulk if my shopping at Aldi.

There are a handful of items which I still get at Coles - mainly because I have sensitive skin and react to some products (cleaning wipes, spray and wipe, fabric softner).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2016),Carpe diem 2013  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Haha, I'm very contrary too, but I hate the almost duopoly Coles and Woolies have and want an alternative.

When I went to put in a complaint three years ago they didn't even have an email address so I doubt it 😂 No idea though.

As for Coles and Woolies, I still make ethical choices when I shop as much as I can eg. don't buy $2 milk, buy the only true free range eggs available, buy cruelty free cleaning products etc. I find their ability to stock a much wider range makes making those choices a lot easier IYKWIM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2016),HollyGolightly81  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

No.. No frills service

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    I hate Aldi. I had a terrible customer service experience there several years ago, vowed to never set foot in another store and have kept to my word.
    That happened to me about 3 years ago. Tried it once, got told off for standing at the checkout (I didn't know you had to put your own groceries in the trolley and bag them later...) and vowed to not go back. Fast forward 3 years and I was forced back by necessity ($$). Since then I've had some of the most entertaining conversations with checkout staff (especially the young dudes who tell me about their Friday night plans on one hand and share a biatch about our pets peeing in inappropriate places on the other).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Tell me about Aldi

We don't have aldi in WA yet but I was never a fan when I lived in Melbourne. I really tried to like it but just didn't.

It's the sort of place I find one or two things I like then wind up at woollies finishing off my shopping. So I don't see the point.

Having said that I'll be at someone's house and they'll have something really cool and tell me they got it at aldi. Yet I never seem to find the same things.

Maybe I just had a bad one near me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    . I find their ability to stock a much wider range makes making those choices a lot easier IYKWIM.
    I found Aldi product clearly labelled - it's easy to pick the 'ethical' choices. It's great if you don't want to buy food with Nasty additives as well - labeling is clear and for the most part Aldi stock less 'nasty' brands than coles and Woolies.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-01-2016)